Security screw loosening?

Living the real life under lock and key
Just another guy

Security screw loosening?

Post by Just another guy »

Hey all

I have a mature metal jailbird which is pretty new. I love the cage and fit however the security screw loosens and starts backing out after a couple hours of wearing it. Has any one else had this problem? How did you solve it?

Thanks!
0 x
Michele

Re: Security screw loosening?

Post by Michele »

Have you cleaned out the threads recently? I've found that hubby's screw used to start doing that when it was dirty. Skin oils and just life gunk up on there. I use an alcohol pad to clean out the threads and it seems to help.
0 x
Wife, Girlfriend & KeyHolder
My boys are Wearing: Jail Bird (cm) Steelheart (a)
Owned Devices: MM Jail Bird (x2), MM Spyder, MM Locking Double Cockring, Steelworxx Revenge
Click here for Our blog & Podcast
Just another guy

Lady M wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:01 pm Have you cleaned out the threads recently? I've found that hubby's screw used to start doing that when it was dirty. Skin oils and just life gunk up on there. I use an alcohol pad to clean out the threads and it seems to help.
Yeah we tried that with alcohol once but it didn’t seem to help. I use silicone lube with the cage. I wonder if that is contributing to the problem.
1 x
lckddnvr

Post by lckddnvr »

Have you tried screwing it in from the other side. When I was wearing mine (before switching to Evotion Wearables), it would start to back out from one side, but if I screwed it in from the other I wouldn't back out.
1 x
Just another guy

lckddnvr wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:48 pm Have you tried screwing it in from the other side. When I was wearing mine (before switching to Evotion Wearables), it would start to back out from one side, but if I screwed it in from the other I wouldn't back out.
Ah thanks! We will try that.
0 x
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

A drop of clear nail polish at the head of the screw (not the threads), works to keep the screws from backing out of my SS .44mag.
1 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
Clearstatic

Post by Clearstatic »

They decorative key that was an option with my MCN contender won't allow me to tighten it enough. It would back out. The standard key which is a temper proof Allen key allows a good torque on the screw with out stripping it. No issues with extended wear.
1 x
SteveOD

Post by SteveOD »

I had that problem and reported it to MM. They said they could countersink it because you can easily unscrew it with pliers. Does not matter, it still got loose over time and I went back to the paddock. What you can do is buy some BLUE Loktite. Not the red, never the red since it needs a heat gun to loosen up. The blue stuff just prevents screws from backing out. I use it on all the screws on my guns since they are subject to very high vibrations. Put a little on until you find the right balance between security and ability to remove the screw. That stupid round key they give you does not allow for a firm grip. I had to hold it with pliers and then unscrew myself. Became too much of a bother and a padlock works well for me. After having one of those cabinet locks on an holy trainer break on me, I am leery of anything I cannot remove with bolt cutters. The other ring just turned but did not move the part that keeps it locked in. Luckily I am small down there and painful was able to get our of it after running a hot shower to soften it up.
0 x
bondinchas

Post by bondinchas »

You can use some plumber's PTFE tape to stop the screw working loose.
Just wrap a number of turns of tape around the screw, and screw it in.
The advantage of PTFE is while it restricts the thread, it also acts as a lubricant rather than a glue so it ensures you can get the screw out easily again.
0 x
Favorite device: custom red chili stainless steel cage
SteveOD

Post by SteveOD »

I already responded to this. However, I came across the small Arbus padlock made of titanium and aluminum. It weighs about an ounce and you do not even know it is there.
0 x