Security screw loosening?

Living the real life under lock and key
Betterthansmith
Last orgasm: June 1st, 2022
Re: Security screw loosening?

Post by Betterthansmith »

TwistedMister wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:39 am A drop of clear nail polish at the head of the screw (not the threads), works to keep the screws from backing out of my SS .44mag.
Does this work on a MM device? Just paint it on the head, or the tail... or both?
0 x
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

Betterthansmith wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:37 pm
TwistedMister wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:39 am A drop of clear nail polish at the head of the screw (not the threads), works to keep the screws from backing out of my SS .44mag.
Does this work on a MM device? Just paint it on the head, or the tail... or both?
I put it on the heads of the screws, never the threads. That way, when it comes time to remove them, if necessary you can hit them with a bit of acetone to dissolve it.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
Betterthansmith

I must have the wrong nail polish.... Is the idea it sets and stops the screw backing out?
0 x
slave d

Post by slave d »

Betterthansmith wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:44 am I must have the wrong nail polish.... Is the idea it sets and stops the screw backing out?
Yes, just like paint but quicker to “go off”.

MsM’s ld
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
Michele

Post by Michele »

We pretty much fixed the backing out of the MM screw by cleaning the screw every so often. I get an alcohol pad and just run my nail in the threads to clean out the dirt and gunk and skin oils... It stops hubby's from doing that anyway.
0 x
Wife, Girlfriend & KeyHolder
My boys are Wearing: Jail Bird (cm) Steelheart (a)
Owned Devices: MM Jail Bird (x2), MM Spyder, MM Locking Double Cockring, Steelworxx Revenge
Click here for Our blog & Podcast
SteveOD

Post by SteveOD »

I know this is an old post but anyone else with the security screw that comes with Mature Metal devices still has the problem. There actually are two problems. The first is that the round head of the screw sits in a round post so that you can grasp the screw head with pliers and unscrew it very easily. That problem will never go away until you have Mature Metal counter sink the screw head.

The screw itself works loose pretty quickly. The way I solved that was to use BLUE Loktite. Never use red as it requires a heat gun to loosen and it gets hot enough to burn you little guy off. A little goes a long way and will prevent the screw from loosening. Makes unscrewing it a little more difficult but it is that of go back to the lock as I did. Arbus now makes the same size lock that comes with Mature Metal cagers and other high quality products, in Titanium which you do not even feel. If you think it makes noise clanking against the cage simply wind a rubber band around it. I got the smallest size they can make in their designs and I is way too big on me. Even their 1 1/4 inch cage is too big now.

Loktite works great. BLUE LOKTITE ONLY
0 x
Betterthansmith

Thanks Steve...

I think if I started suggesting loctite she'd start questioning whether the device was actually secure as we thought...

The nail polish is a great suggestion but maybe i'm doing it wrong, or i have the wrong product as it still loosened....
0 x
CagedKC

Post by CagedKC »

Odd, I have been in a NM JB with counter sunk security screw for over three years. I wore it work (law enforcement) and now on sailboat. It never backs out. The round keys have a thru hole so you can put a handle in for more torque, but I would worry about breaking off that screw. If I ever get that problem, I have the low strength Locktite on board. Does it happen with both screws they sent?
0 x
Locked 24/7 since July 2018
MM Jailbird
Key Holder "Sexy Red"
WifeIsVanilla

Post by WifeIsVanilla »

There must be something wrong with some of the batches of security screws MM buys. Some people don't seem to have a loosening problem but many do.

Unfortunately, my security screws are among those that loosen, which has occasionally been a problem when I have locked the keys in my Kitchen Safe. Since I don't have a keyholder, I bought some ordinary, Phillips head 8-32 x 3/8 screws which I use some of the time because they are easier to manage. Ironically, they never loosen.
1 x
Past Devices: Curve & CB 6000s. Both broke, were repaired; then broke beyond repair.
Current Devices: MM Jail Bird, Cobra, MM Watchful Mistress, Holy Trainer v3, a new Curve & the dreaded Spiked Chamber.