Cleanliness question

Living the real life under lock and key
Mikejames

Cleanliness question

Post by Mikejames »

If you follow my journey you know my jailbird arrived yesterday. Its working out great so far. I would like to just shower with the device on but how do you get everything comoletely dry? I also have a bedwetting problem and wear an adult diaper to bed (only solutuon that has "worked"). My morning shower is important to get any resudual urine off of my skin. I noticed after today's shower that despite my best efforts to dry myself there still seemed to be moisture under the ball ring hours later. This seems like a great way to grow a bacterial or fungal infection.

I decided to take the cage off for a second proper shower and noticed that i could smell urine on the cage. No big deal i just cleaned it. I'll re cage as soon as i felly dry off but...just wondering from a practical standpoint how do you thoroughly clean everything while caged and then how to completely dry it all without uncaging.

Since everything seems to fit well i am hoping to turn the keys over to wifey and i would ideally like to remove the cage only weekly or biweekly for thorough cleanings...but want to avoid odors and infections in the interim.

Thx
0 x
Naljeans
Re: Cleanliness question

Post by Naljeans »

I use a bath sponge and sometimes a shower puff with body soap, along with a handheld shower head (most important.) That should absolutely keep a Jailbird clean. That easily works in my Contender for weeks on end, and with more effort, with the Cherry Keeper.

I’ve never worried about complete drying and never had an issue.

You may need something to address the skin if it’s wet overnight. Desitin maybe?
0 x
MCN Contender
KittensBoyToy

Post by KittensBoyToy »

I am also in a Jail Bird. I found a fairly soft bristled bath brush at Walmart and cut the handle down. The name on the handle was ECOTOOLS. It works great for cleaning under the base ring and inside the bars of the cage. Like @Naljeans I haven't had any problems drying with the Jail Bird. With the HTv3 I did and the solution was to use a hair dryer set on low.
0 x
Kitten's Boy Toy
I'm Kitten's property and She keeps Her property secure in a Jail Bird!
focUSed

Post by focUSed »

I think it also depends on what you use to keep things lubricated, if anything, and how much. I have tried baby oil, silicone lube, coconut oil, Aveeno, Vaseline and Lubriderm, to name a few. The more viscous ones were pretty much ineffective after a short period of time, so no good during 12s at work or time away from being able to refresh.

The thicker ones seem to do better, but would get caught in the joints where my 3 rings are connected (unlike a Jailbird style there are only rings until the end cage...a JB would prob stay cleaner because of not having these areas) and I would need to use a toothbrush or soft bristled shower brush to get them clean when bathing. The Vaseline seems to have less odor (although I just discovered the big tub I recently bought is cocoa butter healing brand vs pure petroleum jelly like the travel size I started out with...sigh) and also acts as a protective barrier when exercising to keep skin on skin contact to a minimum and reduce friction/irritation.

Try several things, you'll settle on something that works for you. The big thing is thorough daily washing.
Last edited by focUSed on Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Devices tried: BirdLocked (V1), CB-6000s, two DHGate devices (273 and currently wearing circular barstock ring version of the same thing)
Mikejames

Post by Mikejames »

Thanks this is all helpful. I never thought my incontinence issues would factor in but i guess i should have. Being a 39 year old bedwetter with the night time bladder control of a 1 year old sure sucks but i guess we play the cards we're dealt. Unfortunately years of invasive urology tests and horrible meds with little efficay and bad side effects led me to just mange with absorbent products and it has been fine for me. Took a while to adjust to wearing a diaper to bed lol but it is what it is. My wife giggles everyime she sees me in one.

Amyway todays shower experience was better. Using a puffy luffa thing i wan able to get in there pretty well and now 4 hours later I'm dry and cant notice any smell. I think i was just being too gentle yesterday.

Hoping to hand over the keys to wifey today. Shes made it clear im not getting any sex whatsoever til at least Sunday. At 24 days honor system chaste, i really NEED the cage to stay compliant or im afraid i will ruin my progress with a moment of weakness.

Anyway thx to all who responded.
1 x
Mikejames

Post by Mikejames »

I might try shea butter under the ring. I use pure shea butter on my legs after shaving but just want to be careful not to over lubricate and let the ring moce too much.
0 x
raymond_p

Post by raymond_p »

I have been in enforced 24/7 chastity for the last 7 weeks. I have not been permitted a single release from my cage during that time.
Mine is an open-wire stainless steel device and of course I have to bathe while it remains locked. Mild soap and a soft shaving brush works well for me, allowing me to work soap into all the crevices. Followed by a vigorous rinse with the hand-held spray attachment in our shower.
1 x
wishful4

Post by wishful4 »

Think hygiene can be an issue with almost any device. Even the open devices like the MM Jailbird will smell with regular showering. You just can't get to all the nooks and crannies on any of them. For years, I have been using a small rectangular foam cleaning swab similar to those used to clean electronic equipment. I buy them in bulk from an online seller at www.swab-its.com. My current A-271 has an open end with bars around the head of the penis, but is pretty much closed elsewhere. Regular cleaning with the swab with plain soap on it seems to keep everything clean and the foam swab can be rinsed and reused. I usually use a swab for about a week and then replace it. Since we have been sheltering in place, I have been locked continuously for several weeks and my spouse has not complained about any bad smell and she would be quick to do so. She loves to get down there and tease me with the device on to watch my futile attempts at an erection.
1 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
KittensBoyToy

Post by KittensBoyToy »

raymond_p wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:06 pm I have been in enforced 24/7 chastity for the last 7 weeks. I have not been permitted a single release from my cage during that time.
Mine is an open-wire stainless steel device and of course I have to bathe while it remains locked. Mild soap and a soft shaving brush works well for me, allowing me to work soap into all the crevices. Followed by a vigorous rinse with the hand-held spray attachment in our shower.
I use a relatively soft bath brush with a shortened handle. When I was looking for a brush I didn't think of a shaving brush. I'll have to look at them closer.
0 x
Kitten's Boy Toy
I'm Kitten's property and She keeps Her property secure in a Jail Bird!
raymond_p

Post by raymond_p »

Most drug stores and big-box stores will have them. I still use one for regular shaving, with shaving soap in a mug.
0 x