Stainless Steel Padlock

Living the real life under lock and key
KittensBoyToy
Stainless Steel Padlock

Post by KittensBoyToy »

As I have talked about before, we purchased a preowned Jail Bird. There has been a delay in sending it in for some needed adjustments. The main issue is the lock. It has the security screws and that is what Kitten plans to use most of the time. She likes the sound a padlock makes when I walk but the one MM sells fits snug and sideways. She doesn't like the look of it sitting sideways and a smaller shaft lock that would hang in front lets the cage pivot too much on the base ring.

She talked to William and he is going to make the stud on the base ring a little longer with an extra hole drilled near the end for a 'decorative' lock to hang.

Now the problem is finding a good quality lock. I found this one https://www.etsy.com/listing/289182865/ ... less-steel on Etsy but they said they don't have font available that would allow script engraving other that outlined letters. I don't know if I could find anyone local to engrave it or not.

This is what she wants. Solid letters in French script.
ToBeHis Lock 3.jpg
ToBeHis Lock 3.jpg (18.74 KiB) Viewed 1613 times
This is the closest they say they can come to it. Very close, but the outlined letters won't stand out as well.
ToBeHis Lock 4.jpg
ToBeHis Lock 4.jpg (66.75 KiB) Viewed 1613 times
The only other stainless steel lock I can find is from Bon4 and it doesn't lend well to engraving or decorative use.[attachment=0]

Anyone know of another source?
0 x
Kitten's Boy Toy
I'm Kitten's property and She keeps Her property secure in a Jail Bird!
Naljeans
Re: Stainless Steel Padlock

Post by Naljeans »

Since it’s just decorative, perhaps look into a heart-shaped dog tag. Amazon has them with customization options or check the machine at the local PetSmart/Petco
0 x
MCN Contender
KittensBoyToy

Post by KittensBoyToy »

I have collar from PetsMart with a heart shaped tag on it. It's not heavy enough to make noise against the cage when I walk.
0 x
Kitten's Boy Toy
Naljeans

Post by Naljeans »

Ah I get that. Check out this page: https://makelovelocks.com/
0 x
MCN Contender
KittensBoyToy

Post by KittensBoyToy »

Their mini lock is a possibility but I'm not too sure if I would trust the quality and durability.
0 x
Kitten's Boy Toy