Caption sites

Living the real life under lock and key
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Re: Caption sites

Post by Tom Allen »

I haven't gone into it much, but Mrs Edge and I always egg each other on about this. That's how a month turns into three, then six, then a year, and then as Mrs Edge says, if I can last a year, then the second year should be easier...
1 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

Speaking of captions...

Tumblr is a mess right now. A lot of the pics that I've saved originated or passed through blogs that are dead, deactivated, or taken down. I'm just queuing up everything to reblog.

So, one pic comes up, and the original caption writer leaves a comment.
"Stolen from me."

*sigh*

I've seen this guy's comments elsewhere, and he's operating under the delusion that anyone who does not reblog his pictures directly from his own blog is stealing them. Amusingly, he has a watermark on all of his pictures. You know, because captions are literary works on par with Tolstoy, Hemingway, or Barbara Cartland.

I left a return comment.
Or... reblogged from a dead link, leaving your watermark intact.

I'm not sure if you were making an accusation, but that's about as far from "stolen" as you can get.

Speaking of stolen, do you have permission to use these pictures that you've been captioning? Would the models or photographers have a problem with it?
Don't get me wrong - I think a lot of captions show wit and creativity, and the authors have every right to be upset if some takes their turn of phrase and presents it as their own.

That said, there's an amusing irony in the fact that most of the caption writers put their captions onto works that are *not* public domain. As far as I know, they've taken other pictures; usually, but not always, from elsewhere on Tumblr; pictures for which the photographers, models, and other artists probably have not given permission to be used elsewhere.

Anyhow, it's nothing important - just one of those annoying & amusing things that happens on the internet.
1 x
Devoted2Her

Post by Devoted2Her »

@Tom Allen ... I find myself travelling to Mrs Edge Says pretty frequently these days to see what is new .... Thanks for the inspiration and the terror all wrapped up in one! 😊
0 x