Growers and Showers Base Ring Design

Living the real life under lock and key
happilylockedman

Growers and Showers Base Ring Design

Post by happilylockedman » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:15 am

Before I got into chastity I had no idea that some men were growers and some showers. I'm a grower and just assumed that's how it was for everyone.

Last night a question occurred to me: What effect does that have on how a cage fits? In my case, as a grower, when I'm aroused and my cock is struggling to get longer it pushes against the cage pulling the base ring hard against my balls. If I'm really hard the pressure is significant. This leads to the dread ball burn. :o

But maybe (I'd appreciate help from you growers out there) this is less of an issue for growers. After all, if your length isn't increasing much probably there's less pressure. Am I right about this?

If that is the situation maybe there should be two styles of base ring, to accommodate different needs. Maybe the ring for growers needs to be wider on the bottom to better distribute the load.

What is your experience and your ideas?
0 x

Steve2059
Re: Growers and Showers Base Ring Design

Post by Steve2059 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:35 am

As very much a grower, my favourite and most comfortable cage has an ergonomic base ring that is wider than it's high, and has a wide, flat cross-section. I think it spreads the pressure of attempted erections (what my wife calls "strainage") better than a circular base ring of round cross-section.
I would still say the cage size, not too big, is at least as important.
1 x

jfenoffti

Re: Growers and Showers Base Ring Design

Post by jfenoffti » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:20 am

Steve2059 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:35 am
As very much a grower, my favourite and most comfortable cage has an ergonomic base ring that is wider than it's high, ...
I would still say the cage size, not too big, is at least as important.
Similar to Steve... I find the ergonomic base ring to be more comfortable and the cage size is crucial. The "how to measure/size guidelines" recommend taking the flaccid length and subtracting a 1/4". I found taking 3/8" to be better for me. Much easier to urinate. If the cage is longer, I shrink back into it and avoiding a mess is difficult. With the shorter cage, I'm always at the end of it and generally lined up very well.
3 x
MM JB
Tease me, deny me, thrill me! Just do it slowly.