Tether

Living the real life under lock and key

Tether

Post by 14005 »

Anyone else out there using a tether? If you don't know what this is: tetherspout.com

Essentially you first stick a hollow spout down the urethra, then a disc (retainer), and then slide the retainer over the spout while both are inside the urethra. Bit of a pain but you get used to it. The spout has a lip at the bottom to keep the retainer on, and the spout is threaded at the top and can hook to, in my case, a chastity cage.

Well, I had high hopes at first as it is quite secure (it is once you find the right sizing), and it avoided having to get a PA piercing. For me anyway, I can wear it quite comfortably for about 6-8 hours. The next two or so hours I start to feel it. After that it gets increasingly sore and I have to take it off. Normal day it can stay on about 8-12 hours. Been in this mode for maybe 8 mos. now. I've tried every combination of spout lengths, angles (with respect to the cage), and retainer sizes, optimal fit allows for said 8-12 hours.

At least for now I self KH (wife won't do it, but that's another story). So I can take it off as I wish, though I had to break the kitchen safe once. For me due to the time limitation, this just doesn't work for long term. Also it requires a special allen wrench that make KH more complicated which is part of the problem with the wife not wanting to KH. I am starting to consider a PA, but need to think on that for a while first.

So the question is basically this: Does anyone else out there use a tether? If so, I'd love to hear your experience with it; good, bad, or other.
0 x
Schnoff
Last orgasm: August 14th, 2023

Re: Tether

Post by Schnoff »

I tried a tether, no go. I could pull the thing out. The guy at tether said he’d never make bigger ones, and anyway I shouldn’t be able to pull this out regardless. Well I could, whyever that is. So I made one myself - round not oval - and while I can’t pull that out, it still sits at a really uncomfortable angle.

I’m still not 100% sure why this happens, but I think what’s going on is that my urethra is “straight” at the back, so there’s nothing for the disc to lodge against there, and that angles it.

Maybe a larger oval disc would solve that, but I think I’m done experimenting for now.

My urethra is about 12mm across as measured by a sound, so anything in that vicinity or larger is likely not a good fit for the tethers sold on the site.
0 x
Schnoff
My orgasm denial blog
Tango tangor ergo sum.

Post by 14005 »

It did help to angle the spout. Having it go straight back and centered on the chastity tube put the retainer in a bad spot. The urethra follows along the bottom of the dick (not in the middle), and thus angling the spout down so the retainer would end up where the urethra actually was helped quite a bit. ..... but not enough for long term wear. I just get really sore inside there after too long. Never a UTI or anything though, just plain sore.
0 x
dlarge

Post by dlarge »

I used one for a while but had a couple of unfortunate injuries (nothing major, just superficial). I did love the time we spent together though.
0 x
ManagedMan

Post by ManagedMan »

I tried the Tetherspout for security a few times. Like 14005's experience, after a few hours it started to get uncomfortable and then irritating. Plus, I couldn't find a good way to secure the end of the spout without blocking the ability to pee. (sigh) Great idea. Really fun for urethra play. But not for long-term chastity security, from my experience.

What did I do instead? I got a PA and could not be happier. A captive bead ring locks through the end of my Steelworxx Revenge and is super comfortable. Even when I'm not locked, having a ring of steel bouncing around my glans is a huge turn-on. I highly recommend it for security minded chastity men.
0 x
Currently wearing: MCN Contender sized short
Also have: HT2 short black, HT2 regular clear, CB-6000, CB-6000s, BirdLock Original
sirmebane
Last orgasm: December 19th, 2021
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by sirmebane »

REALLY IGNORANT QUESTION COMING...

How do you "lock" a captive bead? If it just screws on, what prevents you from simply unscrewing it and removing the piercing?
0 x
If my comments don't annoy you, follow my exploits here. I started all of this April 2016.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=62123
Lockedforwife

Post by Lockedforwife »

sirmebane wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:47 am REALLY IGNORANT QUESTION COMING...

How do you "lock" a captive bead? If it just screws on, what prevents you from simply unscrewing it and removing the piercing?
Some CBR’s require a tool to pry open the ring part just enough to “capture” the bead.

That’s probably what most of them started out as anyway. My nipple rings are like that.

My PA CBR has a bead with two tiny bumps on it that have to be forced into the gap of the ring, but can be done by hand.

I also have another ring that is two halves that when placed together is secured by an Allen screw so if you dont have access to the tool it’s definitely not coming off.
0 x
Keyheld by HesLockedImHappy, the love of my life

Current Device: A274
Last Orgasm: January 1, 2019
sirmebane
Last orgasm: December 19th, 2021

Post by sirmebane »

Lockedforwife wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:59 am I also have another ring that is two halves that when placed together is secured by an Allen screw so if you dont have access to the tool it’s definitely not coming off.
I guess that is my question... this isn't a 'locking' device. You can remove it at will with an allen wrench. If it is an extra layer of security, I would expect there to be some lock involved somehow.

I'm clueless so bare with me.
0 x
If my comments don't annoy you, follow my exploits here. I started all of this April 2016.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=62123
zorglub

Post by zorglub »

14005 wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:54 pm For me anyway, I can wear it quite comfortably for about 6-8 hours. The next two or so hours I start to feel it. After that it gets increasingly sore and I have to take it off. Normal day it can stay on about 8-12 hours. Been in this mode for maybe 8 mos. now. I've tried every combination of spout lengths, angles (with respect to the cage), and retainer sizes, optimal fit allows for said 8-12 hours.
I have read similar accounts of irritation after 6+ hours (e.g. on Fetlife). They all sound like an allergic reaction.
TetherProducts claims its metal is "surgical stainless steel" but after learning a bit more about steel grades, I found that it is misleading. The SS grade they use (410 or 420) is indeed used in medical settings, but for surgical instruments (e.g. scalpels, retractors...), not for implants. The recommended grade of stainless steel for body jewelry is 316L. It is a totally different alloy (and pretty much the most corrosion-resistant of all stainless steel grades) but it is non-magnetic, which is why TetherProducts did not select it.
I've worn original Tetherspouts as chastity anchors for up to two weeks with no adverse reactions, but a couple of times upon removal I noted some tiny corrosion spots, particularly where the spout contacted the cage's metal (which is typically 304 or 316, more cathodic than 410/420 thus promoting some galvanic reactions). Nowadays I machine my own spouts, retainers, and attachment mechanisms out of implant grade Titanium...

By the way, way back when I started using this technology, I wrote up a series of blog entries on the subject: http://tetheredchastity.blogspot.com/se ... troduction
1 x
Current device: MM Jailbird with security screw and TetherSpout
Previously: CB6000s knock-off, HolyTrainer2, MCN Contender, Lori#5, MM Watchful Mistress
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018

Post by Tom Allen »

I can't believe he's using 410 on something that needs to be inserted. Did he expect people were going to fish a flexible magnet down their pipes to retrieve it? :roll:
0 x