Chastity Health and Safety

Living the real life under lock and key
CanuckInNJ

Chastity Health and Safety

Post by CanuckInNJ »

My wife, who is VERY vanilla, is starting to come around to the idea of chastity, but she is very concerned about health and safety. This after a casual conversation with an ER nurse who told her a story about a patient with a cock ring that had to be cut off.

I want to reassure her, but can't find any sites that support my contention that a properly-worn chastity device is safe and healthy.

Any suggestions?

The Canuck in NJ
0 x
slave d

Re: Chastity Health and Safety

Post by slave d »

All you need do is put one on and show Her how easily it’s removed. i can’t see how a cock ring would have to be cut off and suspect it’s just a story but there’s no way a chastity device or it’s A-ring could get “stuck” !!

MsM’s ld
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
cuyahoga

Post by cuyahoga »

I can see the remote possibility that a cock ring, if extremely too small, might get stuck. It’s use is to inhibit the blood flow out of the cock, and if it was simply too tight to allow someone to push down and release the pressure, I could see the difficulty. My problem with the anecdote is that if it was really that tight, how did they cut it?

As long as you can easily slide the a-ring of the chastity over your testicles and then push your limp penis through, there should be no problem getting it off of your body. I’ve worn rings that were so tight I was literally in pain within three minutes. Using two fingers on the bottom of the ring to push up, and pushing down on the top of your penis with your thumbs just to either side of the exit vein that runs along the top of your penis will allow the pressure to release. As long as there’s no stimulation, your penis will deflate rather quickly.

You could order a couple of cheap rings, one smaller than the base ring you want to wear, and just show her. Explain that it’s hard to provide what she’s looking for, because science doesn’t study sex toys (totally unfortunate). That being said, cock rings are recommended by medical professionals for addressing erection issues, if the medical professional isn’t in the pocket of a drug company. Most penis pumps are medically intended to be used in conjunction with a ring that will help maintain the pump induced erection. Point being, cock rings aren’t dangerous.

Ignorance and inexperience can be dangerous, so get some toys, use them together, learn about YOUR body’s reaction to them.
0 x
Last orgasm: February 7th, 2024.
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

CanuckInNJ wrote:a casual conversation with an ER nurse who told her a story about a patient with a cock ring that had to be cut off.
:lol: Can't imagine that being a casual conversation.

Took quite a while before my wife could understand that I wasn't experiencing any pain when she would remove my base ring. If I had a nickel for every time she said "doesn't that hurt" I would be able to buy a . . . . cup of coffee ;)

My guess would be that they cut off the base ring because it was an easier option or maybe the guy just had a hard on. :lol:
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
jfenoffti

Post by jfenoffti »

ERs have "ring cutters" designed to cut off rings - wedding rings, etc. Useful when a digit is swollen and the ring cannot be removed normally. I suspect that is how it was removed. (I was an ER Tech many years ago.) To see an example: https://www.amazon.com/APT-TJ9700-Finge ... B009CDDJFY
0 x
Mutt_VB

Post by Mutt_VB »

I wonder how that ring cutter would work on a harder metal such as stainless steel. I do not think this would work on a MM JB or any other SS product.
0 x
Schnoff
Last orgasm: August 14th, 2023

Post by Schnoff »

There really isn't a health and safety concern as long as you listen to your body.

Worried about sizing the ring wrong? Get a ring first, a beautiful one, and wear it. It won't be terribly tight, and if it's too big, you can size down one step. I like these because they're a bit wider and comfortable: https://gearessentials.com/collections/cockrings

I have a thing for the engraved ones there but any of those might catch your fancy.

For her, she might love the ring once she feels it. It'll bump against her during PIV intercourse and that can be intensely pleasurable for the female partner.

For sizing, my recommendation is to start at "penis shaft circumference at base when erect / Pi + 5mm" and use that as a ring diameter.

Correctly sized cock rings and cages are completely safe. That said, I get her discomfort, and maybe jumping straight from "unadorned" to "caged" is a bit too fast.
0 x
Schnoff
My orgasm denial blog
Tango tangor ergo sum.
Schnoff
Last orgasm: August 14th, 2023

Post by Schnoff »

Mutt_VB wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:14 pm I wonder how that ring cutter would work on a harder metal such as stainless steel. I do not think this would work on a MM JB or any other SS product.
Yeah they might have to call the fire department in for that. They have better tools.
0 x
Schnoff
My orgasm denial blog
Tango tangor ergo sum.
sirmebane
Last orgasm: December 19th, 2021
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by sirmebane »

CanuckInNJ wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:31 am My wife, who is VERY vanilla, is starting to come around to the idea of chastity, but she is very concerned about health and safety. This after a casual conversation with an ER nurse who told her a story about a patient with a cock ring that had to be cut off.

I want to reassure her, but can't find any sites that support my contention that a properly-worn chastity device is safe and healthy.
You'll find a lot of folks here that have worn chastity cages for weeks, months and years without a problem. My equally vanilla wife had similar concerns and used to look at my cage and say, "that just looks painful." I reassured her that there were moments of slight discomfort but it was otherwise just fine.

I took a lot of interest in this thread and maybe it will help you as well.
https://www.chastityforums.com/viewtopi ... =urologist
1 x
If my comments don't annoy you, follow my exploits here. I started all of this April 2016.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=62123
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

Schnoff wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:16 pm
Mutt_VB wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:14 pm I wonder how that ring cutter would work on a harder metal such as stainless steel. I do not think this would work on a MM JB or any other SS product.
Yeah they might have to call the fire department in for that. They have better tools.
OUCH
OUCH
Jaws.jpg (11.2 KiB) Viewed 3444 times
:lol:
1 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273