Dying breed or Dying Forum?

Living the real life under lock and key
locked4her55
Dying breed or Dying Forum?

Post by locked4her55 »

So I Googled "Chastity Belt Forums" and we came up on page 4. I clicked the link and it directed me to the "Top-24" site we all have experienced. I tried it again and a page came up "DANGEROUS SITE" and that my computer was infected. With my computer locked up I had to reboot. :evil:

I then tried a Yahoo Search and our forum was number one on the list. Click on the link and once again was directed to the "Top-24" site.

So I did a quick bit of research. In January of 2016 (pre-virus) we had 43 new members post in the Hello Post. January of 2017 (post-virus) their were 11. February of 2016 (no infection) we had 31 new member Hello Posts. February of 2017 (infected) 7 Hello Posts. Honestly, I don't know how the new members since April 2016 are even finding us.

If I was new to chastity, clicked on ChastityForums and was greeted with "YOUR COMPUTER HAS BEEN INFECTED WITH A VIRUS" you can be damn sure I would never seek that site out again.

I don't believe our numbers have dropped off because of a drop in chastity popularity. On the contrary, I believe chastity devices are more popular than ever.

I have been an active member here for over five years and it pains me to see this going down the tubes.

If I had the knowledge I would try to fix it but I don't. :(

So my question: Are we a dying site? and does the Administrator care or have they 'moved on'?
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
Mutt_VB

Re: Dying breed or Dying Forum?

Post by Mutt_VB »

@locked4her55 that has been my question for the last year here. Seems that the Admin knows of the issue and is wanting the hosting site to take care of the problem or wait for an upgrade. The problem is neither will fix the .htaccess file. A quick google search one .htaccess top-24 will reveal the 4 lines to remove from a site .htaccess file.

I like this forum as it is not a sissy oriented but as the days go on it takes more and more of my time to read the 2 or 3 threads updated daily here on the site.

The offer has been put out to help but seems help is not wanted or considered.

The worse part of the Top-24 hack of early 2016 is now that Top-24 was shut down some domain hoster has recently bought Top-24 domain name and turned it in to an advertisement site selling user information.
0 x
Mistress Elle

Post by Mistress Elle »

As new members we jumped through a lot of the hoops to get registered because we found a lot of excellent and informative threads. We were concerned when we registered the "unsecure site" kept popping up when we were typing my info, but pressed on anyway. Then after finally getting registered, and the additional steps of having to wait a day or more to get your first posts put up only to have the added frustration of constantly being re-directed to other sites makes it VERY frustrating. We still check in, but prefer to look around in lurk mode cause then we don't get all the re-direct hassles as when we are logged in. I don't know if the fetish/life-style is in that severe of a decline, but am afraid unless the problem is fixed soon, the decline of the site is inevitable.
0 x
Mistress Elle & useless.
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

locked4her55 wrote:So my question: Are we a dying site? and does the Administrator care or have they 'moved on'?
I know what's wrong and how to fix it, but permission to access the server has not been granted. I think I could fix it anyway- the hackers were able to get access without permission and I suspect that I have the right tools to do the same, but that would leave me in a bad position. Y'all might be appreciative if I did it, but the owner might be exceedingly pissed at me and I'd end up banned.

Unfortunately, our hands are tied, and not in the fun way.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

TwistedMister wrote:
locked4her55 wrote:So my question: Are we a dying site? and does the Administrator care or have they 'moved on'?
I know what's wrong and how to fix it, but permission to access the server has not been granted. I think I could fix it anyway- the hackers were able to get access without permission and I suspect that I have the right tools to do the same, but that would leave me in a bad position. Y'all might be appreciative if I did it, but the owner might be exceedingly pissed at me and I'd end up banned.

Unfortunately, our hands are tied, and not in the fun way.
Thanks TM for expressing your frustration with this problem, and I don't believe any of us here would want you to jeopardize your position as a Moderator.

So how do we get "permission"? Does it lie with Thumper?

If that's the case then it feels like something we all would dread with regards to Chastity.
Our Master/Mistress has locked us up and chose to ignore us completely. :(
0 x
Currently wearing A273
TwistedMister

Post by TwistedMister »

locked4her55 wrote:So how do we get "permission"?
OK, got a green light to take a crack at it (pun intended) but I have to do it the hard way and get in the same way as the hackers did. Might take me a while to figure it out, but it should be interesting.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
Aarkey

Post by Aarkey »

locked4her55 wrote:So I Googled "Chastity Belt Forums" and we came up on page 4. I clicked the link and it directed me to the "Top-24" site we all have experienced. I tried it again and a page came up "DANGEROUS SITE" and that my computer was infected. With my computer locked up I had to reboot. :evil: So my question: Are we a dying site? and does the Administrator care or have they 'moved on'?
Having that virus issue, especially for so long on the site - will kill the search results over time. I was very surprised that the admin(s) here didn't simply try to install an updated version of phpBB, as that likely would've fixed it - or to at least export what's here and import it into a updated install... not sure if any or what was tried (I did offer to help a while ago, but never heard back.)

So, it is what it is.

One thing for sure, chastity wearers are a growing and thriving breed - though with so many more venues out there, plus the virus issue/warning here, it is possible that the need for this forum simply isn't as great as it once was.
0 x
"Some people need to be caged before they can be free." - Anon
TwistedMister

Post by TwistedMister »

I was very surprised that the admin(s) here didn't simply try to install an updated version of phpBB, as that likely would've fixed it - or to at least export what's here and import it into a updated install...
The admin situation has been in flux. Hopefully, we are going to get it sorted out now.
0 x
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

TwistedMister wrote:Hopefully, we are going to get it sorted out now.
You the Man! :)

Goof Luck from all of us.
0 x
Currently wearing A273
Bird in a Cage

Post by Bird in a Cage »

locked4her55 wrote:
TwistedMister wrote:Hopefully, we are going to get it sorted out now.
You the Man! :)

Goof Luck from all of us.
+1
0 x
Securely within an MCN Adaptus.