Bending/Adjusting stainless cage

Living the real life under lock and key
CZSteve

Bending/Adjusting stainless cage

Post by CZSteve »

OK - Just rec'd a Stainless Spiral from UberKinky as mid-range upgrade from the initial cheap Chinese to help determine sizing and if this will work out; hope to upgrade to a custom if all good as we proceed.
http://www.uberkinky.co.uk/spiral-stain ... 92662.html

I've only seen a pic of today's delivery from my Wife but can see I'll need to bend the cage and locking pin on the ring - looks like it may have been bent some during shipping and I already anticipated I'd have to tweak it.

Best way to bend/adjust the stainless and weld joints to mitigate fatigue stress?
Carefully heat up with a butane torch as you'd use for soldering plumbing?
I imagine some just careful bend but want to be on the cautious side of things as much as possible.

Thoughts?
0 x
slave d

Re: Bending/Adjusting stainless cage

Post by slave d »

i've managed some quite drastic bends using no heat, just the workshop bench vice. no guarantees though !!

MsM's ld
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

I just slowly bend mine (An A080) in a vice with a wooden dowel or a large screwdriver. I mean, we're talking making the rings move 1/8" or so at the top, so it's not a large bend, nor a sharp radius near the weld, right?
0 x
beheld

Post by beheld »

I've adjusted a couple of very similar designs with just a pair of pliers and a towel. I put a towel between the bars and the pliers to avoid scratches then just very slowly squeeze the rings together.
0 x
Caged55

Post by Caged55 »

I've bent the oval base ring of my Jailbird to be more round, found it more comfortable. Put the ring into a vice and very slowly applied some pressure. I think as long as your reshaping is not too drastic it will work
0 x
wishful4

Post by wishful4 »

Easy to bend the locking post. As per Tom's instruction, drill a hole in the end of a wooden dowel the same size as the locking post. Put the round part of the cuff ring in a vice protected by wood, leather, or something to avoid scoring then stick the dowel onto the locking post and bend up or down as needed. Measure the gap before you bend and again after you bend to verify the desired gap. As far as bending the cage, I haven't a clue on that one. Guess it depends on what you want to do. Mature Metal says the diameter can't be changed. Pretty much anything else can be adjusted.
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271