Vasectomy - what kind of anesthetics did they use?

Living the real life under lock and key
nebman

Re: Vasectomy - what kind of anesthetics did they use?

Post by nebman »

So many voices answered the same that I can't add a lot. I was provided a sedative pill to take an hour or so in advance that made me loopy during the procedure. I'm not even sure if they did a local beyond that. I don't recall getting any shots, but again, I was plenty loopy. After the doctor asked loopy me one more time if I was sure, there was some sensation of pulling and tugging on the scrotum, some very tiny incisions were made, the work was done, and they helped me step into a jockstrap and my wife drove me home. By dinner I was no longer loopy and generally didn't experience much pain.

As others have noted, after several days of healing, they want you to get busy and cum a lot to empty the live sperm remaining in the area beyond the incision. They want to test your semen for live sperm before telling you that you are safe from making a women pregnant. My wife and I were very fertile and could reproduce by staring at each other. I was a stubborn case in getting the all clear and had to submit semen samples three times for testing.

In any case, perhaps the only time in life your Doctor will give you a prescription for more sex!
0 x
bondinchas

Re: Vasectomy - what kind of anesthetics did they use?

Post by bondinchas »

to be the exception that proves the rule - when I had my vasectomy in my late 30s, I did have a general anaesthetic, but there were a couple of reasons for it...
firstly, my testicles were quite high up and the vas defrans short and tight, the doc said because he might have to tug and pull a bit it a GA might make it a bit easier for both of us, with me being more relaxed (unconcious) and unable to involuntarily pull against him. I also have a history of sometimes passing out at the sight of blood or a needle (not very often, but often enough to be noted), and he said he'd rather have me knocked out to start with rather than him worrying about me falling about (I'm not a small bloke) or wondering exactly why I'd fallen unconscious!

He did explain the higher risk of having a G.A. but as I was fairly young and fit it wasn't a great one.
So it's not a given that a GA is wrong for a vasectomy, but in the normal course of events a local anaesthetic would be much more the normal one to have.
0 x
Favorite device: custom red chili stainless steel cage