Epididymis Swelling

Living the real life under lock and key
Thatguy

Re: Epididymis Swelling

Post by Thatguy »

Just to update this - a trip to the Urologist and subsequent ultrasound revealed a case of Vericocele. Back to the Urologist for his thoughts on chastity play's role and the safety of continuing on, as we'd both like to do if I am able. Pretty upset about the whole thing. We were JUST getting into it after a lengthy start up period spent finding and fitting devices, etc. to say nothing of the expense... anxious for what he has to say.
0 x
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

Doing a little research...it appears that this is fairly common, affecting 15-20% or up to 3 million cases a year. It generally takes a long time to develop, and is most often seen in the age range of 15-30 years.

Untreated, it can cause BPH and lower fertility...unfortunately, treatment increases fertility in only slightly more than half the cases.

Although it seems almost certain that it is not the *result* of chastity play, I would think that a trapped-ball device could/might exacerbate the problem...which would mean that if you do not yet have children, and might want to at some point in the future, it might be wise to abstain from the use of a trapped-ball device.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
Thatguy

Post by Thatguy »

That's also been our preliminary conclusion. Highly doubtful the cages caused an otherwise healthy set of pipes to go vericose, it does make sense that, at age 32, I likely have had this brewing and our recent ventures into chastity play with ball-trap devices helped it along. Like I mentioned above, we're both super bummed about it. We're engaged, and kids are becoming part of the conversation more and more often.

So, now there's talk of P.A., which freaks me out, though I am willing. What I don't understand about most P.A. devices I see is how they contain erection? They seem to mostly just cover the head. Idk about anyone else but I've come to enjoy the sensation of the etection being stifled.

Not sure what we're going to do. From what I've reads 15% of men around my age end up with Vericocele, and only 15% of those with it experience decreased fertility. So I'm hoping the doc will tell me that my counts haven't been affected, and that as long as we remove the device for some rest if pain starts we should be good.
0 x
Thatguy

Post by Thatguy »

Update: According to the eurologist my case of Vericocele, while apparently swelling enough to cause decent amount of discomfort, isn't bad enough in the areas that warrant fertility concerns. Relief on that front.

As for the cage (MM Jailbird) - he took a look (quite embarrassing since OF COURSE he had a 20something college student-Doctor in with us. Sigh. What he noted was that I have been focusing more on the size of the ring than anything and that its unluckily based on where the ring sits that if its comfortably worn for days on end its not likely an issue. At least not the primary issue. He deftly avoided condoning any of it, but recommended I try adjusting the gap and the "angle of the shaft" (cage). Can't do anything about the "angle of the shaft", but I did take the ring and with significant effort, bent the connecting rod up a bit, creating more gap at the bottom. Some improvement. Bent it a little more - Viola! No more super painful swelling. And thankfully I have relativity large testicles so slipping through isn't an issue at the new measurement. Plus, bending it like that kept the gap up top the same, just gave me more rooms the bottom, between the underside of the cage and the ring.

Moral of the story is, if you're experiencing this issue, give yourself lots more gap and see if it solves it as it did for me, then reduce gap incrementally until you've gone as small as your anatomy will allow without getting mad at you. And if you have a decently cool doc, or just have no shame, go ahead and talk to them. They won't make fun of you. To your face... :)
0 x
WifeIsVanilla

Post by WifeIsVanilla »

Gap is critical, and a small difference in gap can make a huge difference in comfort. MM's standard gap is 3/8" which I ordered. I am a big guy (6' 2" and 225 lbs.) so I should have guessed that a little bigger gap would have been a good idea. I had terrible "ball burn" and could not wear the Jail Bird for more than a few hours at a time. I corresponded with M MM who recommended increasing the gap by 1/16". I sent my JB back to them and got it back within a week. At 7/16" gap, I have zero issues. Amazing how such a tiny difference can make such a BIG difference!
0 x
Past Devices: Curve & CB 6000s. Both broke, were repaired; then broke beyond repair.
Current Devices: MM Jail Bird, Cobra, MM Watchful Mistress, Holy Trainer v3, a new Curve & the dreaded Spiked Chamber.
NewbieMC

Post by NewbieMC »

In my pre-chastity life I had all sorts of problems with what was either suspected epididymis or testicular torsion affecting my left testical and saw a couple of urologists.

I went for an ultrasound and the gent who conducted it asked if I was a cyclist - at the time I was logging about 4,000 miles a year. I asked how he had guessed and he told me I have a vericosele on my left testical.

Anyway, the conclusion was the left testical was in the wrong orientation and liable to flipping around and strangling itself. This problem would arise a few times a year - incredibly painful - a few odd days off work. The remedy was a hot bath and some paracetamol. Once I'd been in the bath a while, I could correct the orientation and after an hour or so most of the pain would subside.

Since I've been locked up in one device or another, my testicles have had less freedom of movement and I've not had a single issue.

I was told vericosele was nothing to worry about. It doesn't seem to have caused any fertility problems either.
0 x