On lubrication

Living the real life under lock and key
The_Mariner

On lubrication

Post by The_Mariner »

Ok....new here - AND to being locked up. I've been wearing a CB6000 for about a month. (Removal about every 3 days for cleaning)

Based on what I've read, I switched from silicone lube to the Aveeno moisturizing lotion. However, I found the lotion to get "dry" a little too soon and too often for my taste. I really love the silicone. It seems to really keep that portion of the whole experience "low maintenence."

In anyone's experience, what are the down sides of silicone...especially if I start going longer term without removal??
0 x
sls01234

Re: On lubrication

Post by sls01234 »

I am in cb6000 now and use wet silicone have had no issues with long term lock up. Why did you switch?
0 x
CB6000
jgalt

Post by jgalt »

don't put lubrication inside the tube - it's bad for hygiene and will make it even easier to slip out / pull out. If you are using it around the testie ring, I think I used more of an avena lotion containing aloe vera. If you are thinking about longer term, you should consider moving to a better cage. I just wrote a review for the Evotion cage in the 'Devices' forum.
0 x
The_Mariner

Post by The_Mariner »

@sls1234 - I switched because the Aveeno (for me) would get kind of dry and tacky after about 5 hours. Not sticky, but I could definitely feel that I couldn't move freely inside the tube throughout the day. I don't always have the opportunity to re-apply lube throughout the day. The silicone lasts me from one wash to the next (12-15 hrs)
0 x
The_Mariner

Post by The_Mariner »

@jgault- I've honestly not had any issues with slipping out. The 6000 really seems to hold me very snug. In fact, if it wasn't for being uncircumcised, I really don't know how I'd cram myself into this thing.

My mistress has regularly removed it at least weekly to use me for her needs (which means a good wash and dry before it goes back on. ) But who knows what the future holds? I guess that would have more to do with HER self control. That's why I'm looking into the facts surrounding long term lockup now.

I'm curious as to what you do to keep the head from getting caught up on the sides of the cage as you go hard and soft throughout the day with a dry tube. I find having my head folded in half on itself is very UNpleasantly uncomfortable.
0 x
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

I've been using silicone for...um...more months than I can remember. Can't say that I've found a 'down side'. Once a day application is generally enough, and I haven't had any issues with 'slipping' out.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
Aarkey

Post by Aarkey »

Different people have different natural body oils, so different lubes work better for some than others. Silicon lube gets tacky for me in about 30 mins. I do best with A&D Ointment (which is officially a diaper rash cream) - if you look for it, find the unscented, which still has a slight smell. It is a heavy gel, so I only need a very little bit. Depending on how much I'm moving around, and how hot the weather is, I sometimes use very little or none, and other times I keep a small tin of it in my car and desk and apply it a couple times a day as needed. I used to use baby oil gel, and before that baby oil. Anyway, it is totally a YMMV kinda thing. Try different stuff, see what works, win prizes.
0 x
"Some people need to be caged before they can be free." - Anon
grubber

Post by grubber »

+1 on the A&D Ointment. Tried all kinds of lubes and settled on the A&D. Been using it for years. On the plus side, it soothes and heals any chafing or burning quickly because it is made for diaper rash. Good stuff.
0 x
The_Mariner

Post by The_Mariner »

Thanks all for the replies and knowledge. There are a lot more details to all this than meets the eye. But I know I like it and will keep moving forward with it. (much to the joy of my Mistress)
0 x
Aarkey

Post by Aarkey »

I wrote a basic FAQ years ago from lots of common questions - its a little dated, but still might have a lot of helpful info for ya Mariner (or anyone else new to it)
http://www.aarkey.info/chas/
0 x
"Some people need to be caged before they can be free." - Anon