Black Residue

Living the real life under lock and key
Forherdesire

Black Residue

Post by Forherdesire »

Hey folks curious if anyone else have had this issue and how to fix it. I have worn the jailbird for three days straight and I have a black plastic covered master lock on it. When my wife took off the device tonight there was black metallic residue on my Johnson right about where the two piece come together. I highly doubt it is the wearing off the plastic that is making the mark. Any thoughts.
0 x
Have been locked up 24/7 since Sept. 14th 2015
Currently wearing a MM Jailbird.
sissy_brooke

Re: Black Residue

Post by sissy_brooke »

I'm not certain, but I think that might be some residue from the polishing process.
0 x
Michele

Post by Michele »

Did you wash the cage when you got it? We no longer use a pad lock but I don't remember that ever happening when we did. The only thing I can think of is some leftover metal dust from creation in connection.
0 x
Wife, Girlfriend & KeyHolder
My boys are Wearing: Jail Bird (cm) Steelheart (a)
Owned Devices: MM Jail Bird (x2), MM Spyder, MM Locking Double Cockring, Steelworxx Revenge
Click here for Our blog & Podcast
Forherdesire

Post by Forherdesire »

If the residue were all over the place I would think the same thing. However o have had the device now for over two months and have taken plenty of showers to wash off the polish agent.
0 x
WifeIsVanilla

Post by WifeIsVanilla »

This happened to me back when I was using a lock (I use the security screw now) and lubing with baby oil (which is low viscosity). I think a drop or more of it got inside the lock, mixed with the lock's lubricant and a bit of the mixture oozed back out.
0 x
Past Devices: Curve & CB 6000s. Both broke, were repaired; then broke beyond repair.
Current Devices: MM Jail Bird, Cobra, MM Watchful Mistress, Holy Trainer v3, a new Curve & the dreaded Spiked Chamber.
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

WifeIsVanilla wrote:This happened to me back when I was using a lock (I use the security screw now) and lubing with baby oil (which is low viscosity). I think a drop or more of it got inside the lock, mixed with the lock's lubricant and a bit of the mixture oozed back out.
Locks are typically supposed to be lubed with graphite powder (the same material used for the 'lead' in pencils) rather than a liquid 'oil', as the oil can attract and hold contaminants that can bind the pins/tumbler inside the lock and prevent it from operating correctly. If a lock containing graphite powder subsequently has an oil added to it, leakage of the oil could certainly carry some of the powder with it, which would then give it a blackish appearance.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
MrCage

Post by MrCage »

Are you sure that you got a Mature Metal Jailbird? A true stainless steel shouldn't do that. But, I have seen a little black stuff around the sleeve and pin on my JB. We use the screw, no lock" I am thinking that it could be residue, or graphite from your lock" but also, you may not be cleaning the pin/sleeve area well. You could get soap in this and then the soap reacts with the steel or rubs in the steel and that is what what you see. So I think you should change soap and flush it with more water after cleaning.
0 x
It's good to be caged.
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

I use a polishing compound or jewelers Rouge on my devices . I found that I need to use an old toothbrush to clean the compound from the odd corners and joints or seams. Use lots of Dawn and hot warer.
0 x
Forherdesire

Post by Forherdesire »

MrCage wrote:Are you sure that you got a Mature Metal Jailbird? A true stainless steel shouldn't do that. But, I have seen a little black stuff around the sleeve and pin on my JB. We use the screw, no lock" I am thinking that it could be residue, or graphite from your lock" but also, you may not be cleaning the pin/sleeve area well. You could get soap in this and then the soap reacts with the steel or rubs in the steel and that is what what you see. So I think you should change soap and flush it with more water after cleaning.

Oh I am really sure. I have sent it back a couple of times to be readjusted. Lol. Having said that I think he culprit is the graphite coming from the lock. It usually happens while taking it off in the shower. It also ONLY shows up where the pin a flock reside.
Thanks for the suggestions guys.
0 x
zorglub

Post by zorglub »

MrCage wrote:A true stainless steel shouldn't do that. But, I have seen a little black stuff around the sleeve and pin on my JB.
Stainless steel devices are often polished using a tumbling process with ceramic beads and polishing compounds. This works very well on external surfaces but does not do a good job in bores. I have an MM Watchful Mistress, as well as an MCN Contender and MCN-made locking penis ring (special order). In all those, the inside of the locking sleeve exhibited small amounts of black residue when rubbed with a wet Q-tip. Shining a light on the inside and looking with a magnifier will reveal the lack of polish and mill marks that tend to trap impurities and sometimes promote a limited amount of pitting corrosion. The same is true of the cross holes for the padlock hasp.
Regardless of polish, you may also encounter galvanic corrosion between hasp and cage as the alloys are rarely the same.
0 x
Current device: MM Jailbird with security screw and TetherSpout
Previously: CB6000s knock-off, HolyTrainer2, MCN Contender, Lori#5, MM Watchful Mistress