Length of break in period

Living the real life under lock and key
Outed_sub

Length of break in period

Post by Outed_sub »

i can do a day in chastity but the second day is extremely painful.
I can see a red line in my scrotum form the base ring. I have shaved and moisturised but it feels very sore.
Is the pain normal when getting accustomed to wearing a device?
How long does break in take?
I think my gf and I would really like to be able to get to 24/7 wear.
0 x
Locked by LRC

Re: Length of break in period

Post by Locked by LRC »

Remember to give us the device you're wearing, or add to the signature box, it helps with advice.

It sounds to me that the base ring is too small. When you've worn a device for a while you may be able to go back down as your body adjusts.

If you're wearing a CB series try the next size larger base ring. When doing this you may have to also adjust the gap. If you're wearing a non-adjustable base ring style, there's not much to do.
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve
Outed_sub

Post by Outed_sub »

It's a jail bird with oval ring. I have widened the gap between ring cage. I do have a tight scrotum.
I'm guessing it's never going to be comfy right away is it? Just wearing it makes me think about sex constantly. So I'm trying to get erect frequently at the moment.
Does your body adapt? I know sometimes wearing a wrist watch hurts if it's new.
0 x
wishful4

Post by wishful4 »

Everyone is different. It may take a week or a month, but your body will eventually become accustomed to the base ring. If the discomfort is more than moderate, take the device off and allow the soreness to subside. Don't try to be a tough guy and let a raw spot appear. If you want to try a lubricant, Aveeno moisturizing lotion works great. Use only a small amount only where the pain is. Be patient and hang in there. Things will get better.
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
carolina cyclist

Post by carolina cyclist »

I've been wearing a Steelheart 24/7 for just under two months, after 6 months in a Bon4. I am just now getting completely comfortable in the Steelheart with the anatomical base ring. There were a couple of days where I had to ask my Wife/KH to take it off for a break due to soreness. I use Gold Bond Advanced Healing lotion, a small amount, as needed. So, hang in there. It takes time.
0 x
Currently locked in MrsL's Steelheart.
http://www.thechastecyclist.com
lockedsteve

Post by lockedsteve »

Yep, a too small ring. A lot of people, myself included, think you need to use the smallest ring possible. In reality you should be looking for the largest ring that you can wear that does not allow your balls to slip through. I had exactly what you have and have gone up an 1/8th of an inch to get to a point where I no longer have red ring about the balls. I wear every day, every hour except for some showers. It should not hurt. It does take a while for your scrotum skin to toughen up a bit. That was how it was for me. You should be able to slide a finger between your ring and scrotum. My problem was that I could do that but not on the sides. An oval ring solved that problem when I ordered my custom Jailbird. I have gone up 4 sizes since last year for some reason. I never did use the smallest size but I did use the next three. Most say they go smaller over time but I am an old guy and seem to need a larger ring over time.
0 x
MrCage

Post by MrCage »

Use baby oil gel. It's great. But only need a little. Or a silicone lube is good too.
0 x
It's good to be caged.
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

I agree with a lot of what has been said here. It does take time for your body to adjust. Discomfort in the beginning is ok but not pain. Once the initial "excitement" is over you should be better off. Try just wearing it for a few hours at a time and add to it each day. Your base ring may just be too small. Try going up a size if that's possible. Some sort of lotion, silicon or baby oil around the base ring should be helpful. Don't get discouraged. It's not a race, it's a journey.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
poptart1200

Post by poptart1200 »

Everyone is different and maybe I was lucky. I was self locked my cheap Rikers device for only a day before handing over the keys to my g/f. I'm let out of the tube every 3 or 4 days for cleaning and sometimes teasing, but otherwise I have been locked up 24/7 for two months so far with a couple of orgasms in that time. No rubbing or chaffing problems, things have been great. I do put a drop of baby oil in the pee hole every other day and sometimes behind the ring, that seems to help.
0 x
Locked 24/7 in a Rikers device