Which style of device is less of a turn off?

Living the real life under lock and key

Which style of device is less of a turn off?

Post by newbie »

I wanted to post this question but wasn't sure if it should go in the General Chastity Chat area or the Chastity Devices area, so I chose here.

My wife hasn't warmed up yet to me wearing a chastity device or warmed up to chastity in general yet, (and very well may never, and you can read all of that in my Journey thread) but one thing that she has told me is that "That thing turns me off so I don't want to know when you have it on". I'm not sure if that means the device specifically or the whole idea, but for arguments sake let's assume she means the device itself.

What I wear is a Holy Trainer V2 Standard Black tube with black ring. I've also worn clear.

Before I go down that path with my wife, I was wondering if there is a general consensus among the fine people here, especially keyholders, as to what type and material makes the most appealing device...enclosed?....jailbird type?...stainless vs plastic?

Thanks in advance.
0 x
Last orgasm: October 20, 2016. Masturbated while locked. :(

Last PIV: been a while

Device used: CB6000s, Holy Trainer V2 (part time) Black Short and Clear Standard.
Currently locked part time in a Clear Holy Trainer V2 Standard, 40mm ring.
knighterrant

Re: Which style of device is less of a turn off?

Post by knighterrant »

Certainly this is a key holder centric question, but I see a clear delineation where stainless steel devices which are more minimalist resemble jewelry. I think that would make them more attractive to many women.
0 x
Lockedchef

Post by Lockedchef »

She really didn't like the appearance of the CB600s at all. When I got the Jailbird she was much happier with the way it looked. She thought he looked sad and too squished in plastic and that the shiny steel was at least ornamental.
0 x
cagedmonkey

Post by cagedmonkey »

ML and I both prefer the steel look, but everyone's tastes are different. There's a lot of variety of looks out there; I've even seen a camouflage-patterned one around somewhere!
0 x
Subby hubby to the lovely Lady M
Devices (currently wearing): Jailbird, Revenge,
There is no better feeling than giving control of all of your sexual pleasures to the woman you love.
http://www.monkeyinacage.com
carolina cyclist

Post by carolina cyclist »

MrsL was never fond of the CB series when we tried them. She didn't like how big/bulky they were. To get started this year, we looked at the Bon4 and HT v2 and she liked the look of the Bon4 the most but wasn't completely satisfied. When I finally asked about getting a custom stainless steel device there was no question about what she wanted: the Steelheart. She loves the stainless steel because, as others have said, it is minimalist and could be considered jewelery. Additionally, she wanted the fully enclosed tube simply because she didn't want me to have any access.
0 x
Currently locked in MrsL's Steelheart.
http://www.thechastecyclist.com
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

Mrs. Twisted really only knows the CB3000 (clear, old-style). She can see me in there, which she apparently enjoys, but there is little access...just enough, as she noted last night, that if she gets me really wound up and licks through the slot juuuuuust right she can make me cum "...but it's mostly 'ruined'..."

Way back when...we first started messing around with this, the first thing was a "Gates of Hell", then moved on to a "Stallion Guard" type (which proved spectacularly unsuitable for anything but short-term play).

Way way way back, the very first artificial cock toy I introduced was a nubby rubber cock-ring (that I think I got out of a vending machine in the bathroom of a strip-joint). I sprung it on her without telling her...and she freaked out, badly- it was sort of 'flesh-colored' and she thought there was 'something wrong' with me, some strange disease that was causing my cock to become blistered and ugly...it took her a while to come around, but eventually she did, and we can laugh about it now...
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted

Post by newbie »

carolina cyclist wrote:MrsL was never fond of the CB series when we tried them. She didn't like how big/bulky they were. To get started this year, we looked at the Bon4 and HT v2 and she liked the look of the Bon4 the most but wasn't completely satisfied. When I finally asked about getting a custom stainless steel device there was no question about what she wanted: the Steelheart. She loves the stainless steel because, as others have said, it is minimalist and could be considered jewelery. Additionally, she wanted the fully enclosed tube simply because she didn't want me to have any access.
I have always been drawn to the fully enclosed devices as well, I've owned a CB6000, CB6000s, and both standard and short versions of the HT V2. There is just something about having absolutely no access or visual on what's inside. I also LOVE the feeling of being completely encased.

If I were to get a stainless device, which seems like the next step as far as a device goes, then it would be a Steelheart as number 1 choice. I'm considering showing her some pictures of a Steelheart to get her reaction. I must admit, probably a black bioresin tube and ring is not the sexiest thing in her eyes.
0 x
Last orgasm: October 20, 2016. Masturbated while locked. :(

Last PIV: been a while

Device used: CB6000s, Holy Trainer V2 (part time) Black Short and Clear Standard.
Currently locked part time in a Clear Holy Trainer V2 Standard, 40mm ring.
Jedi

Post by Jedi »

When my wife and I decided to go 110% into chastity play, we sat down and looked at all the different device manufacturer's sites to decide the style of the device. This included everything from the plastic CB series (which we tried and didn't like) to the Walter Goethals Carrara belts. Based on our desired style of play, we decided on the Steelheart by Steelworxx with the integrated lock.

The most important thing about that whole process is that WE did it together.
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

Oddly, Mrs Edge really liked he idea of seeing me all squished up inside the clear plastic CB3000. She was concerned that the metal cage devices would allow potential unauthorized stimulation.
0 x
poptart1200

Post by poptart1200 »

Our Rikers device is a cheap way to find out if chastity is right for us. It was $30 on Ebay. It does the job, but we know there are better choices. My g/f likes the fact that I can't touch myself in the Rikers tube, but she also can't tease me without removing it. Before chastity, she would like to tease me, get me excited, then walk away. She can't do that with a sealed tube, she rarely touches the tube. Plus, it's just too much of a hassle to remove it every 3 or 4 days for cleaning and teasing. She wants me wearing a device that doesn't have to be removed several times a week for cleaning and one that could be worn during a teasing session. It's part of her quest that I be locked for weeks at a time and only be unlocked when it's time for my release. I showed her the Jail Bird and she said it was "pretty." She likes how it allows some access for her to tease me, but not enough for me to get in trouble. And from what I have read here, it doesn't have to be removed so often for cleaning.

So to answer the question, a steel cage design is her favorite style and will be our next device.
0 x
Locked 24/7 in a Rikers device