Custom Key

Living the real life under lock and key
Lockedwithlove

Re: Custom Key

Post by Lockedwithlove »

grntruck wrote:Has anyone had a custom key made? One that is functional but more decorative? I have a holytrainer 2 and my bride is not fond of the key. Too big, not attractive and too obvious. I'd like to have a custom key mad that would be functional yet pass as a piece of jewelery so i may have the pleasure of seeing it around my brides neck while we go about our day, even in public. :)
Hi just saw this and wanted to let you know that I have successfully cut the key down, made a white gold backing for it and even engraved a little message and flush set a tiny diamond into it (I'm a goldsmith). I also have a HT2 and was dissapoonted when I saw the keys because there is no way any woman would want that on a necklace or charm bracelet. I bought a charm bracelet for my wife and put it on that and now it is quite cute. I'll see if I can upload a picture and show you what I've done with it. I am thinking about offering a service of customizing keys so they actually have more of a Jewelery function for Keyholders. But you can always go to your local jewelery store and talk to a goldsmith about cutting it down and adding a silver or gold backing to the key. The key that I made for my Keyholders is probably less than 3/4 of an inch long and still unlocks my ht2 just fine.
0 x
slave d

Post by slave d »

That's very interesting, i had designed a smaller key for the HT2 and went to a locksmith but they looked at me as if i was mad and said it couldn't be done. i never thought of a jeweller to do the job. When MsM purchased the Contender She had them make a custom key for Her in S/S viewtopic.php?f=2&t=60707&p=100694&hili ... ay#p100694 which She wears all the time but it would be nice to have something more elegant !! Would a jeweller be able to work with the steel used in security keys such as this ?

d
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
Lockedwithlove

Post by Lockedwithlove »

slave d wrote:That's very interesting, i had designed a smaller key for the HT2 and went to a locksmith but they looked at me as if i was mad and said it couldn't be done. i never thought of a jeweller to do the job. When MsM purchased the Contender She had them make a custom key for Her in S/S viewtopic.php?f=2&t=60707&p=100694&hili ... ay#p100694 which She wears all the time but it would be nice to have something more elegant !! Would a jeweller be able to work with the steel used in security keys such as this ?

d
What I did was just cut the back of the key off and just left enough of the neck of the key that I could solder it into the white gold part I made. The key I made is pretty simple but it would be very easy to come up with other designs like a star, heart shape, Victorian style key etc... Here is a pic of my key holder's key.
[URL=http://s296.photobucket.com/user/L ... .jpg[/img][/url]
[URL=http://s296.photobucket.com/user/L ... .jpg[/img][/url]
0 x
slave d

Post by slave d »

Looks great, would you be happy to work with a steel hex key for a security key if i designed a new key ?
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
Lockedwithlove

Post by Lockedwithlove »

If you can post a pic of the key and give me an idea of what you were wanting to do I'm sure we could put some ideas together.
0 x
slave d

Post by slave d »

Lockedwithlove wrote:If you can post a pic of the key and give me an idea of what you were wanting to do I'm sure we could put some ideas together.
Will give it some thought when i have some time. Thanks.

d
0 x
New Zealand
Locked_In_LV
Last orgasm: January 3rd, 2022
Orgasms this year: 1

Post by Locked_In_LV »

danj wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:44 am I took a look on Fetlife, but couldn't find the decorative key photo. If I come across it again, I'll try to post it here.
Perhaps it was my post on FetLife?
u500.jpg
u500.jpg (15.65 KiB) Viewed 453 times
I made my wife a sterling silver key pendant back in 2012 that was a functional key for the lock I was using at the time. (we've since switched to using tamper evident numbered stainless cable seals as lockpicking is one of my vocational skills lol)

She still wears it frequently, and it has developed a nice patina over the last 10 years. This pic was taken a moment ago.
key.png
key.png (648.55 KiB) Viewed 453 times
1 x
Currently Locked 24/7 in my MM JailBird since: 3rd of January, 2022
Connect with me on: FetLife | She Makes The Rules | (and other socials under the same username)
📉 8,8 on the Tom Allen scale 📈