Seeking advice on travelling through airport security?

Living the real life under lock and key
greecemonkey

Re: Seeking advice on travelling through airport security?

Post by greecemonkey »

Unless you want to be the butt (no pun intended) of public humiliation from the goons, I would strongly advise all travel in vanilla mode. (I have some experience working in these areas, so it's not just idle speculation).

So far, air travel is subject to high levels of scrutiny which can lead to difficulties for caged folk, but before long all public transport may be similarly surveilled. Some railway terminals are fitting metal detectors, it's a case of mission creep, especially, one would imagine, over in the US...
0 x
Happily caged

Post by Happily caged »

Greetings from Shenzhen. I'd gone through airport security in Canada a few weeks ago locked in my Jailbird. No poblem. I'll be heading back from Hong Kong in not even a week.
0 x
Marc

Post by Marc »

Just the other day I travelled through airport security with my CB6k on along with a plastic lock.

Unfortunately, and possibly due to my excitement, I neglected to take all of the loose change out of my pocket, so the metal detector went off. I emptied my pocket and expected to go back through the same detector, but instead was asked to remove my shoes and go through a different scanner which again went off.

I was asked to step out of the scanner for a pat-down which focussed on the top of my legs and belt-line. Despite a lot of checking, I was allowed to go through.

When I looked back towards the scanner, there was a monitor there with an outline of my image on it standing in the scanner (with arms in the air). On the image I was somewhat horrified to see a big yellow cross across my groin for everyone to see!!!

I quickly collected my things, put my shoes on and left the area with a big smile on my face!
0 x
I am a newbie and am wearing a CB6000

All advice and suggestions will be gratefully received
WifeIsVanilla

Post by WifeIsVanilla »

Happily Caged - I will be doing a Far East tour next year, so I be very interested in how Hong Kong goes, and any other other countries in eastern Asia with which you have any experience.
0 x
Past Devices: Curve & CB 6000s. Both broke, were repaired; then broke beyond repair.
Current Devices: MM Jail Bird, Cobra, MM Watchful Mistress, Holy Trainer v3, a new Curve & the dreaded Spiked Chamber.
Happily caged

Post by Happily caged »

WifeIsVanilla wrote:Happily Caged - I will be doing a Far East tour next year, so I be very interested in how Hong Kong goes, and any other other countries in eastern Asia with which you have any experience.

Sorry I haven't been here for a while. Hong Kong to Toronto was even easier than Ottawa to Toronto. Toronto to Hong Kong, they had given me a choice of pat down or scanner. I chose the scanner.

In Hong Kong, it's as if they hadn't even noticed it, which I can't believe. I'm sure they must have noticed it but maybe had more advanced technology to recognize it right away?

We'd returned on June 3 and I'be not worn my Jailbird since.

I miss it but just don't know how to convince her. She's concerned for my urological health. I tried everything to convince her that it was safe... well everything short of lying and manipulation! But to no avail.

Oh welk, I can only hope she changes her mind one day. Otherwise doing fine.
0 x
Happily caged

Post by Happily caged »

She doesn't want me wearing my Jailbird even when we're apart.
0 x
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

Happily caged wrote:She doesn't want me wearing my Jailbird even when we're apart.
:(
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
Happily caged

Post by Happily caged »

locked4her55 wrote:
Happily caged wrote:She doesn't want me wearing my Jailbird even when we're apart.
:(
I haven't gotten over it yet, but I still have hope for the future.

She wants another child next year and fears the cage could prevent me from giving her one. Maybe after that she'l be happy to lock me up. I hope.
0 x
Thomas Sub

Post by Thomas Sub »

Anyone ever fly with a Holy Trainer? I had assumed from reviews on their website that it isn't a problem.
0 x
Current Device: Holy Trainer, Clear
Chironis55

Post by Chironis55 »

Thomas Sub wrote:Anyone ever fly with a Holy Trainer? I had assumed from reviews on their website that it isn't a problem.
London airports have body scanners, not metal detectors. The brass lock doesnt get picked up on the metal detector, the plastics show on the scanner....
0 x