Can I shower with the brass padlock?

Living the real life under lock and key
Mr M

Can I shower with the brass padlock?

Post by Mr M »

Sorry, guys… I've been searching for info on this topic through the forum and counldn't find anything. So… I take the cage off everyday to take a shower, and I do it 'cause I don't know if the padlock can rust by getting it wet. Is this the case or am I being too paranoid? Can I shower with the brass padlock on?

Best and thank you for your comments.

Happy 2015 BTW
0 x
Devoted to Miau Miau (my wife, @MiauMiauSW).
100% proud cuckold currently wearing a Curve device.
Mr M
Mexico City-Paris
Locked by LRC

Re: Can I shower with the brass padlock?

Post by Locked by LRC »

Usually the only part of a brass padlock that's brass is the case. The concern should be the tumblers.

When I was wearing a padlock, once a week I would place a drop or two of 3-in-1 oil in the key slot. Leave the key-slot up for about a minute. Wrap tissue around the lock to absorb what oil leaks out.

I once went over two months without the key put into the padlock. When LRC did want it off the key went in and turned the first time.
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

I agree with Locked by LRC. A good brass lock should be fine in the shower and swimming even in the ocean but proper care is important. I usually give a shot of WD40 in where the key goes every month even if the key isn't going in with it.

I was allowed a release on New Years Eve and had forgotten to use any spray for a couple of months. My wife inserted the key and it wouldn't turn. I then tried, and sure enough it wouldn't turn. :o

I went down to my shop, gave a quick spray of WD40 in the lock and it freed up mechanism. I turned the key and it unlocked without any issues.

A drop of oil or a little WD40 will do the trick.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
Mr M

Post by Mr M »

Thanks so much for the insight, Locked by LRC and Locked4Her55. It surely helps to ease my concerns. Have a terrific weekend
0 x
Devoted to Miau Miau (my wife, @MiauMiauSW).
100% proud cuckold currently wearing a Curve device.
Mr M
Mexico City-Paris
slave d

Post by slave d »

FWIW i failed to oil mine and it jambed solid, thankfully it was a cheap Chinese padlock and i was able to cut it off with sidecutters. Incidentally, beware of WD40, it's often tjought of as a lubricant but it's not, WD stands for water dispersant and it can dry locks out and actually cause them to jamb up, CRC or light oil is a better product.

Incidentally the lock jamb is one of the reasons MsM ordered a security screw with Her new Contender.

d
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
Len51

Post by Len51 »

I have showered with the Master padlock with no problem. I put a drop of oil into it each month just in case. I have ten year old Master padlocks in my back yard that still work fine. The only problem I had was that I wrap a rubber band around to keep it from clanking. When I forget to remove it before showering, it turned the brass black and I had to sandpaper it off to get back the brass shine. If it even gets stuck, just get a small bolt cutter at Home Depot of similar store and easily cut it off. Heck, you can just cut the middle pin where the lock goes off as that may be able to be done with tools you have at home and the single pin is not expensive to replace.
0 x
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

I've been using the same brass Master lock for many years, and rarely put any oil in it. I don't think I'd try that with any other brand.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

slave d wrote: Incidentally, beware of WD40, it's often tjought of as a lubricant but it's not, WD stands for water dispersant and it can dry locks out and actually cause them to jamb up, CRC or light oil is a better product.
Good point slave d. I actually forgot to mention that I do also frequently put a drop of oil in.

Having a quality padlock is key. ;) We us an Abus
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
sls01234

Post by sls01234 »

Spent several months over the last year licked with a brass lock never had any issues unlocking.
0 x
CB6000
Linus

Post by Linus »

I have been bathing every single day with brass padlock locked
Once a week I put 2-3 drops of oil in the keyhole
I never had rusting issue
0 x
Stay chaste. Make your wife & life happy. Forever.