Conventional Wisdom of MC Device Acquisition

Living the real life under lock and key
eido

Conventional Wisdom of MC Device Acquisition

Post by eido »

I've been thinking. My reading here and elsewhere suggests that there is a pattern to male chastity device acquisition, and I'd like to offer an alternative thought. Yes, I'm possibly over-generalizing, and maybe I'm entirely incorrect. I'm sure you'll let me know.

Would it be better to just jump to the more expensive, but fully customizable devices than to progress through a series of increasingly expensive devices?

It seems a lot of folks start with plastic, move on to better plastic, and eventually arrive at metal. I'm thinking if you are interested enough to spend $100 on a CB6000 to see how much more interested you might be, then spending $400 on a customizable piece of hardware made to your measurements might be a better choice.

Boredom sends my mind haring into strange places.

Eido
0 x
Albert Steel

Re: Conventional Wisdom of MC Device Acquisition

Post by Albert Steel »

After trying the cheap plastic option and finding out how much better the next thing is, that's what you would obviously think, but I for one, being still fresh into the whole concept, would not have wanted to spend hundreds just to find out if I'm into the thing at all.. Spending first fractions of the cost of the custom device to see what it's about and also to get an idea of how the sizing actually goes for example, does not sound like money wasted to me. Having known I'd of course saved some, but it does seem to be a process even device-wise?
0 x
Atone

Post by Atone »

eido wrote: Would it be better to just jump to the more expensive, but fully customizable devices than to progress through a series of increasingly expensive devices?
Unfortunately getting the expensive one (or a cheap one for that matter) right is not that easy. There is absolutely no way I would have been able to start with the device that I am wearing now. Even if I magically knew what size it was supposed to be I wasn't in a place to be able to use it.
0 x
go where i am told

Post by go where i am told »

I think the cheaper devices serve more of a purpose than seeing if you are into the whole chastity thing.

For me, I don't think we could have gotten as close to the right measurements as we did. I think it would have been pretty frustrating to have to send it back several times.

I guess it could be a waste of money though, the cb6000s has been on the shelf for almost 2 years now, it's not nearly as comfortable as the MM device I've got on.

Interesting thought....
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

Having been working with devices since the stone age, I can tell you that the problem is that man bits can not be "sized" like a suit. There are too many variables, and no way to easily pic the correct size of a more expensive (and custom made) device.
0 x
JetMirage

Post by JetMirage »

I started with a CB-X and that certainly gave me an idea for what kind of fit was best for me. One of the nice things about it was that the device was easy to sell once I had figured out my measurements. Even the CB-X models can seem expensive to people who aren't sure if it's something they are into. Once you have a better idea of what you can fit into, you'll be more confident investing more money in a custom metal device. Heck, if you sell your first device you can put the money towards a more... permanent device.
0 x
-Jet
Devices: Jailbird, Holy Trainer
KinKey is my Keyhoder
Tame Lion

Post by Tame Lion »

I think there are actually two questions here:

1. Are you sure you want to keep doing this? If not, an inexpensive device will reduce the cost of finding out if this is for you. If you are sure, then I think it makes sense to go for the custom device.

2. Can you get the measurements right on the first try? Based on my experience and that of others here, the answer is a clear "no". Fortunately, Mature Metal and other device makers know this and offer adjustments at a reasonable price. With MM the only time you need to buy a new device is if you need to change the cage diameter. You can easily avoid that by laying your flaccid penis (really flaccid, no arousal at all) across a ruler. You can see pretty easily what you will need. I got mine the same diameter as my penis and of all the measurements, it is the one that is clearly right.

There is one other question: Can you tell what size you will need in an expensive device by trying inexpensive ones? I am convinced you can get some idea, but not a lot of help. Initially, CD's can be expensive to buy and adjust, but if you are in it for the long haul, the investment pays off in comfort and security.
0 x
Blog: http://www.malechastityjournal.com
#mcjnl @thecagedlion
My guide to fitting a chastity device:http://www.malechastityjournal.com/livi ... -good-fit/
Locked up 24/7 since January 2014.
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

Tame Lion wrote:2. Can you get the measurements right on the first try? Based on my experience and that of others here, the answer is a clear "no".
Even the custom built full belts more often than not have to be readjusted, and those get custom fittings (sometimes several) at the shop.
0 x
Tame Lion

Post by Tame Lion »

Tom Allen wrote:
Tame Lion wrote:2. Can you get the measurements right on the first try? Based on my experience and that of others here, the answer is a clear "no".
Even the custom built full belts more often than not have to be readjusted, and those get custom fittings (sometimes several) at the shop.
Years ago I had an Access Denied belt. The manufacturer fit me. I had to come back for several adjustments.
0 x
Blog: http://www.malechastityjournal.com
#mcjnl @thecagedlion
My guide to fitting a chastity device:http://www.malechastityjournal.com/livi ... -good-fit/
Locked up 24/7 since January 2014.
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

Tame Lion wrote:Years ago I had an Access Denied belt. The manufacturer fit me. I had to come back for several adjustments.
That's my point. It's difficult to imagine someone with no experience just measuring his junk and getting a device that will be correct the first time.
0 x