Does anyone have experience with the DreamLover 2000?

Living the real life under lock and key
locked4her55
Re: Does anyone have experience with the DreamLover 2000?

Post by locked4her55 »

Kaiserskier,

I guess you are a lucky man to have a wife who is willing to "push your buttons" :)
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
mellyshubby

Post by mellyshubby »

Kaiserskier,
Just wondering what modification needs done to a jailbird. Is there a possibility that it could work if my base ring is not super tight?
0 x
Husband of MellyKH
Securely locked 24/7 in either a Jail Bird or Watchful Mistress
chastehub

Post by chastehub »

Kaiserskier,

I've read in the DL literature about the shocks feeling like a firm smack on the penis, and the high levels being quite intense. I'm curious if that is how you would describe the sensation, and if the higher levels are "drop you to your knees" intense? And does your wife use canine mode?
0 x
Sincerely,

chastehub
-------------------------------
If you have 'em by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow
Locked off and on...mostly on...in MM JB since 10Jan14,
Kaiserskier

Post by Kaiserskier »

Locked4her55. I guess so. She always needs a little topping from the bottom to get started but once I light a spark she starts up pretty nicely. But she never starts up by herself though.

Mellyshubby. I am quite bad at doing adaptations and tooling in general myself. For the sake of clarity, I did not adapt a jail bird. Instead, I bought one from Mature Metal that they specifically crafted for the Dream Lover, so for me it was just plug and play. If you are willing to adapt your pre-existing jail bird, then I suppose it would require a considerable degree of skill with metal works and some soldering. I would be discouraged by that and would rather buy one from MM. As for the ring size, it does not have to be tight, but it needs to be fully in contact with your skin.

Chastehub. The shock to the penis is what you are supposed to feel if you use the CB6000 and adapt it as instructed in the DL website, which requires punching a small hole under the penis cage so that the electrode can be mounted exactly there. Even though I own a CB6000 I never adapted/used it with the DL. What I use is the jail bird and in my case the shocks are felt on the bottom part of the base ring, right under the scrotum. I tried mounting the electrodes in the inverse order to see if the shock would go the cage but it is always felt in the same place. I don't know if that is how it is supposed to work on a jail bird and in fact that is something I would like to ask so some other fellow DL user. Since the jail bird is all metal, I guess you would be supposed to feel ithe shock around the entire genital area but it is just not what I feel. Once however I touched the cage with my hand while being shocked and I felt the electricity flowing through my fingers even though not was being felt on the penis. (For the record I don't have any tactile disfunction there...)

As for the intensity of the shocks, that's were the product gets very smart. The DL comes with a USB connection and a software program that allows you to customize the intensity of the shocks both in terms of duration, power and number of repetitions. This way you can fine tune it to a very granular degree in order to strike the right balance of pain and tolerability. I am personally very sensitive to electric shocks so I keep my settings close to the minimum and generally in line with the factory settings.

In my experience small electric shocks is something you psicologically adapt to. This means that the first time you try it, even at the lowest setting, it will feel quite sharp and you will think that maybe even the lightest setting is too much. But quickly you adjust to it because I feel that what really gets one startled is the scare and reflex much more than the shock itself which is quite moderate. So once your brain learns what a light electric shock feels like, the minimum setting starts to feel about right. However, as you start increasing power, duration and repetitions (very fast, microsecond ones that are actually felt like a single shock but increase the pain sensation very considerably), it gradually starts becoming less of a psychological/reflex reaction and more of a physical pain, but again you can fine tune it at micro steps to find the correct thresholds.

The other thing that is important to remember is that even though the pain/discomfort can be intense at the meddium and high levels, all such pain/discomfort goes immediately away as soon as the shock is finished. It doesn't leave any running pain, like a physical attack would. I don't exactly why that is but it is like that.

By the way everything else can be fine tuned in the computer. Leash mode for instance, which confines you to a certain distance from the remote, can have this distance calibrated too. The vibrator can have intensity, duration and repetition calibrated as well.

Adjusting all of this seems second nature and very intuitive today to me but I must admit that at first I had to go through a learning curve which require a little determination. It all is a bit geeky and technical at first and there are numerous safety locks around the design. For instance, all repeat shock modes come factory locked - at first I thought my unit was defective only to learn that I had to follow a certain procedure to unlock it. Another example is that to increase power settings you have to forcebly take a mini course followed by a multiple choice set of quizzes and you need to get 100% right for the software to unlock the function. Looking backwards I totally agree with the designer that this things are well recommended but at first it significantly increased the learning curve. If anything, this should not be interpreted as a dismissal of the product's quality but rather as a very well designed product that will need to have a moderate degree of complexity in order to provide all of its possibilities.
0 x
Kaiserskier

Post by Kaiserskier »

Hi again. Haven't been very active on the forum unfortunately as my schedule barely allows a personal time but I just wanted to amend one thing. I've come to realize that the Jail Bird adapted for the DreamLover does shock the entire penis as it should be expected, not only the base of the balls around the main ring as I posted. The thing is that the penis should be in direct contact with most of the inside surface of the metallic cage. Since my penis only fulfills my cage when I am partly erect, I would not feel the shock in the penis while flacid. Having tried it at partially erect / full contact with the cage I can attest quite a different, more "comprehensive" sensation, so to speak. Hope this helps.
0 x
soulmate

Post by soulmate »

I would like to thank everyone who replied to my post here. After some consideration, I decided to take the advice I was given in this thread. I got a shock collar as a temporary way to experiment with electric shock on his genitals until we can eventually save up enough for the DreamLover 2000.

The shock collar is extremely satisfying for both of us. It adds another level of control on top of the usual "I own your genitals" thing that we already get from our CB6000 chastity device. I have been able to effectively train my husband out of undesirable behaviors such as not answering in time when I ask him questions, or denying me cookies when we go to the store. :) Another great use I discovered just this morning was that I can shock the underside of his penis every time he tells me he loves me, with increased intensity over time, to make him prove his devotion. Even at the very highest setting, which makes his penis go immediately flaccid from pain when he is out of his chastity device, and leaves him doubled over in a fetal position, he kept repeating how much he loved me, and now there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that he means it.

I can only imagine how much more fun it will be to have this kind of power over him at long distances, or to try out some of the other interesting features that are exclusive to the DreamLover 2000. I can't wait until we are finally able to afford one!
1 x
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

Now you've got me thinking...I've done a little with TENS units, and I've recently seen a remote-controlled dog shock-trainer with variable (user selected) levels of intensity...with a couple of fairly minor modifications... :shock:
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
Bandorven

Post by Bandorven »

[quote="locked4her55"][quote="Tom Allen"] It's wise however, to be cautious about buying something like this.[/quote]

Wise? Have you checked out the price on these :shock:
$1,000.00 for the "entry level" model.
$1,950.00 for the "deluxe mobile" version. :o[/quote]

OK, yes, I have quietly lurked since 2013... but, here goes...

Watched with some anticipation when this product was on the web as being in R&D... sounded interesting to us, and then it was finally marketed at such a ridiculously high price! I'm sorry, but a highly modified dog collar and a bit of software costs that much? I'm hoping some friendly competition eventually drives that price down to something not so silly. Sex toys seem to be made with such little quality something that pricey seems awfully risky to purchase. We love the idea, it is simply too high a price.
0 x
Joroincharge

Post by Joroincharge »

Bandorven wrote:
locked4her55 wrote:
Tom Allen wrote: It's wise however, to be cautious about buying something like this.
Wise? Have you checked out the price on these :shock:
$1,000.00 for the "entry level" model.
$1,950.00 for the "deluxe mobile" version. :o
OK, yes, I have quietly lurked since 2013... but, here goes...

Watched with some anticipation when this product was on the web as being in R&D... sounded interesting to us, and then it was finally marketed at such a ridiculously high price! I'm sorry, but a highly modified dog collar and a bit of software costs that much? I'm hoping some friendly competition eventually drives that price down to something not so silly. Sex toys seem to be made with such little quality something that pricey seems awfully risky to purchase. We love the idea, it is simply too high a price.
I am inclined to agree.
0 x
slimswitch

Post by slimswitch »

soulmate wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:38 pm Another great use I discovered just this morning was that I can shock the underside of his penis every time he tells me he loves me, with increased intensity over time, to make him prove his devotion. Even at the very highest setting, which makes his penis go immediately flaccid from pain when he is out of his chastity device, and leaves him doubled over in a fetal position, he kept repeating how much he loved me, and now there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that he means it.
Resurrecting a thread after many years, sorry! I found this while Googling for info about the DL2000, and I have to say this is one of the sexiest things I have ever read. Thank you!
0 x