are double base rings more comfortable?

Living the real life under lock and key
bostondan

are double base rings more comfortable?

Post by bostondan »

With custom metal devices does a double base ring distribute the pressure better? Are there any other advantages?
0 x
locked4her55
Re: are double base rings more comfortable?

Post by locked4her55 »

I have both and I like each one. I would agree that the double distributes the load a bit better and I prefer the look to a single. As far as MM is concerned they will warn you that a double ring can not be altered in size like their singles.

I don't wear my double anymore since I have gone down in size over time.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
Michele

Post by Michele »

I keep thinking about the double ring but I want to make sure we have the exact ring size set before we order one. I've heard a few tunes that it helps with comfort and can help the cage sit more snug... so I really want to try one at some point.
0 x
Wife, Girlfriend & KeyHolder
My boys are Wearing: Jail Bird (cm) Steelheart (a)
Owned Devices: MM Jail Bird (x2), MM Spyder, MM Locking Double Cockring, Steelworxx Revenge
Click here for Our blog & Podcast
SunLocked

Post by SunLocked »

I wear a second hand (or should I say "second penis") JB and thus took what it came with: a single base ring. From what I read so far, I would have ordered the double base ring, had I gone for a new MM device.

Here you can read Thumper's comparison of the JB with double base ring vs. the Steelheart - it goes into the pros and cons of each of them. In a recent post he summed it up as:
Regarding Mature Metal’s ring, I do recommend the double thick option. Their rings are a narrower gauge than Steelworxx and I found them to be a bit more biting. Doubling the ring thickness added a lot of comfort. Don’t forget to add the thickness of the extra ring to the overall length of the device.
0 x
Tame Lion

Post by Tame Lion »

I find the single completely comfortable. If you get the size right, the single will have less friction and move with your body. I have had no problem with the ring moving away from my body or turning. I think the key is to get the ring diameter right.
0 x
Blog: http://www.malechastityjournal.com
#mcjnl @thecagedlion
My guide to fitting a chastity device:http://www.malechastityjournal.com/livi ... -good-fit/
Locked up 24/7 since January 2014.
Locked by LRC

Post by Locked by LRC »

Not personal experience here, just observations of others.

The single ring would be best for someone that's high and tight.
The double ring may work best for someone that hangs low.
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve
Linus

Post by Linus »

Tame Lion wrote:I find the single completely comfortable. If you get the size right, the single will have less friction and move with your body. I have had no problem with the ring moving away from my body or turning. I think the key is to get the ring diameter right.
I agree to Tame Lion :lol:
0 x
Stay chaste. Make your wife & life happy. Forever.
kinkycouplenstl

Post by kinkycouplenstl »

I have a jb with a single ring and the double ring also...personally I think the double is more comfy...seems like there is more surface area to spread the pressure.
0 x
Tame Lion

Post by Tame Lion »

kinkycouplenstl wrote:I have a jb with a single ring and the double ring also...personally I think the double is more comfy...seems like there is more surface area to spread the pressure.
Where do you feel pressure? I don't feel any at all.
0 x
Blog: http://www.malechastityjournal.com
#mcjnl @thecagedlion
My guide to fitting a chastity device:http://www.malechastityjournal.com/livi ... -good-fit/
Locked up 24/7 since January 2014.
kinkycouplenstl

Post by kinkycouplenstl »

By pressure I mean if you get hard instead of one ring pulling tight on you....you have two grabbing more skin...just my opinion ...I am no expert. I will say that my post is welded to the top of my double ring and front of my single...all I know is I will take the double ring for comfort all day long.
0 x