Jail Bird Customs Fee

Living the real life under lock and key
Ringo

Jail Bird Customs Fee

Post by Ringo »

Our Jail Bird, dispatched from MM on 4th Feb is finally with us here in UK. Delivery time took 18 days with almost all the delay created on the UK side.

My wife and I have been looking forward to the postman’s knock when the package arrived (me with some trepidation). In fact, the postman delivered a card demanding a fee of £16.99 Customs Duty to be paid before the package could be released and collected at the post office.

So a couple can’t even lock up a husband’s cock without paying a ransom to parasitic government officials.

Anyway, this morning I am wearing the new device and our first impressions are good. My wife says she likes the look of it and it feels very comfortable to wear so far.

Certainly the standard of workmanship from MM is very high indeed.

MM have got one thing wrong, though – we discussed with them the possibility of having the locking post welded to the top of the main ring, but eventually I decided to go for a regular fixing and made this clear to MM. However they have gone ahead and fixed the post to the top of the ring.

It may be that this works well – only trial will tell.

I’m delighted that my idea of having the bottom horizontal ring on the cage cut away and welded at the centre works perfectly and my 5mm PA now hangs perfectly though the gap created.

I will take some photos of the device to show members what modifications I had done... when I am allowed to take off the device that is – already my wife seems to give the impression that now I am in the Jail Bird I can stay in it. I have pointed out that it may take a little getting used to.

She simply raised her eyebrows and said: “Hmm”.
0 x
Michele

Re: Jail Bird Customs Fee

Post by Michele »

Glad you got your device... sorry about the fee! I'd love to see your modifications when you get time. :)
0 x
Wife, Girlfriend & KeyHolder
My boys are Wearing: Jail Bird (cm) Steelheart (a)
Owned Devices: MM Jail Bird (x2), MM Spyder, MM Locking Double Cockring, Steelworxx Revenge
Click here for Our blog & Podcast
Dannyboy

Post by Dannyboy »

Did you have to pay the fee at the post office and then they gave you your parcel?

glad to see you got it how long did it take from first ordering to getting it?
0 x
Currently locked in: Jail Bird
Ringo

Post by Ringo »

The fee had to be paid at the post office before the parcel would be handed over.

I think the order was placed 3rd January and we collected it on 21st Feb so all things considered that's pretty good.

I have been wearing the JB all day. Done a lot of walking and used my exercise bike. All well so far.

I don't think I'll be coming out tonight for sure.
0 x
Dannyboy

Post by Dannyboy »

Mine was ordered on 7th Feb. I keep counting the days.
0 x
Currently locked in: Jail Bird
belocked

Post by belocked »

My JB was ordered mid-Jan and they've just notified me that it will ship tomorrow. Let's see what my post office decides about customs fees; none would be nice :)
0 x