security screw

Living the real life under lock and key
warwick

security screw

Post by warwick »

wife and i have been talking about geting a jailbird. right now i have a cb6000s. she does not like the sound of the lock clicking, nor the lock being in the way when she rubs against it. we would appreciate pros and cons of a security screw .

thank you
robby
0 x
Locked by LRC

Re: security screw

Post by Locked by LRC »

I use the security screw and we wouldn’t think of using a lock now. From our experience;

Pros:
No lock lying sideways. MM’s lock lays sideways not down.
No lock jabbing LRC when spooning. She always hated this with the CB series.
No lock bulge in the pants. The package is very discrete.
No lock clicking sound when moving.
The screw head is not normal. It’s an uneven triangle with a pin in the middle.

Cons;
Doesn’t have the “locked” look.
Doesn’t have the “click your locked” sound.
Screw can work loose, need to keep the threads clean or retightened.
Don’t misplace the key, bolt cutters won’t work.
Takes longer to lock up and unlock. The screw can be hard to line up when inserting.
No way to insure you haven’t gone to the toolbox and worked the screw. We solved this by ordering the extra hole that a plastic lock is inserted into.
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve
gungadn

Post by gungadn »

Might I just throw out as an alternative option to review:

Steelworxx devices have the option of an integrated lock:
http://steelworxx.de/Integrated-Lock-(f ... )-41p.html

Just an option to review before making a final decision.
0 x
GungaDN

This is just my experience, yours can.... and probably will.... vary!

Currently Wearing:Steelheart.
Owns: CB3000, CB6000, Steelheart II, Steelheart, various home-built models.
Locked by LRC

Post by Locked by LRC »

Can't remember who but...

Someone here was telling about how they took a MM device and sent it in for the integrated lock.
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve
Atone

Post by Atone »

Locked by LRC wrote:Can't remember who but...

Someone here was telling about how they took a MM device and sent it in for the integrated lock.
search through the marketplace section, it was offered for sale at one point.
0 x
Mutt_VB

Post by Mutt_VB »

0 x
RegularJoe

Post by RegularJoe »

You can use a padlock on the threaded Jailbird...it won't hurt the threads. I ordered the JB threaded for the security screw, started out with the lock, and didn't notice any 'lock clicking' when I moved.

We started using the security screw partly because the screw makes the cage and basering very rigid...they could rotate slightly with the lock.....but mostly because Beth didn't like the feel of the lock against her tender bits when she's teasing me by riding my trapped cock.

Getting the screw aligned and started is tricky, but it isn't too bad once you get the knack (make sure you do it where the screw, which I can guarantee you will drop, won't go zipping off down a drain or into a heating register). Too bad a magnetic screw holder won't work on stainless steel.

You do lose the 'click of the lock' finality ritual aspect with the security screw, but in my case it doesn't much matter....she now doesn't let me out for a couple of months at a time (unless she's punishing me with one of the nastier anti-pull-out studs); that's where the stainless steel and open design of the JB really shines (I know, bad pun); it's so simple to keep yourself clean....lather up and rinse during your shower.
Last edited by RegularJoe on Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
I'm not a gynecologist, but I'll take a very close look.
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

We started out with the screw but have since gone back to the padlock.

Found it difficult getting the screw started especially with the "key". Then over time the screw would work its way loose.

I have to admit; my wife really likes looking up into my eyes as she grasps the padlock and usually comes up with something prolific to say before she clicks me locked. She has also made up a few dummy keys that go in but don't turn. This has made for some fun games she likes to play.

I will admit that my padlock doesn't clang around when I walk (the way the lock hung on my CB6000s use to drive me "nuts" :lol: ) and I have filed the edges of the lock so it's not sharp at all.

My advice would be to get the security screw and try it. This will give you the option to do both.

I agree with RegularJoe that using the padlock in no way has damaged the threads for mine in over a year and a half.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
RegularJoe

Post by RegularJoe »

I should have added that the one thing that I don't like about the security screw is the frantic fumbling I go through to get the key repeatedly lined up on the rare occasions my wife decides to let me out...though she finds it very amusing to tell me 'never mind, tighten it up again, it's staying on'.
0 x
I'm not a gynecologist, but I'll take a very close look.
go where i am told

Post by go where i am told »

I would agree with the other posts.

We ordered ours with two holes, one for the screw and one for a lock. It gives us options, she can even put both locks on.

Whichever you choose, MM is an awesome choice. Enjoy.
0 x