Can you use leather and spandex in a pool?

Living the real life under lock and key
Blaeu

Can you use leather and spandex in a pool?

Post by Blaeu »

It seems like I've been asking more about products we use along with our CB rather than the CB itself lately. I apologize if that's frowned on, I just haven't found a place with more knowledgeable people.

We own a spandex hood as well as a ball gag with a leather strap and buckle to secure it. I'm just curious if these products can be used in a pool and fully submerged. I'm pretty sure the spandex hood can as that is how you was it, with water.

I'm not sure about the leather part of that gag though. I find conflicting information online. Most sites seem to imply it will be fine, but I would rather not screw up the material if I can help it.

Thanks for any feedback. :P
0 x
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4
Re: Can you use leather and spandex in a pool?

Post by TwistedMister »

I'm not sure what the effect of the chlorine would be on either of the two materials, but there *is* something to be cautious about with leather and water- leather, when wet becomes more pliable and can be 'stretched' somewhat. If the leather were to be fastened when wet, and then dried while still in place, it could shrink and become a problem.

An old American Indian (Apache, I think, for one) form of torture and execution involved tying wet rawhide on a victim (wrists, ankles, neck, head) who was then set out in the sun. The rawhide would contract as it dried, slowly killing the victim. Some may have, additionally, placed the victim on an anthill (there are some very nasty ants in the Southwestern part of the country) or used more wet rawhide to tie him against a spiky cactus.

I don't know if regular tanned leather has much of the same properties as rawhide, but I think that some caution might be in order.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
wonderingwife

Post by wonderingwife »

Most all swim suits are made with some percentage of spandex so the hood would be fine, just make sure you rinse it out well after being in chlorinated water, don’t let it dry with chlorinated water on it, that will weaken the fibers and cause it to lose its elasticity; the leather fastener on the gag may not fare so well.

Unless it is stamped on it somewhere, the strap probably isn’t water proof. As TwistedMister said all leather goods will stretch when wet, contract when they dry. How much damage will be done to the strap depends on the quality of the leather as to whether the contraction during drying will cause the leather to weaken or crack. Just like the hood, rinse the strap well with plenty of clear lukewarm water, let it air dry 24 hrs, then put some type of leather conditioner on it.
0 x
Blaeu

Post by Blaeu »

Thanks for the info.

We will probably not use the gag due to the leather. Just not worth it. We tried the hood last night and after a good rinse and a night to dry, it seems fine.

We will probably use the hood again, so I will post if we see any negative reaction. Not counting on it though.
0 x
kpb57

Post by kpb57 »

You could fit a webbed belt to the gag (like a safety belt), which you can buy at DIY stores.
I made quite a usable ring gag out of a plastic curtain ring, such a belt and a buckle for continuous adjustment.

-K
0 x
Currently using: Steelworxx Looker 2
Owns: CB6000, Bon4, Sentinel (Copy), Birdcage (Copy), Lovejail, Gerecke Desire (Titanium)
RegularJoe

Post by RegularJoe »

Ball gag and a pool.....I'm sensing the potential for a bit of danger in such a combination. But that's just me. Lady Beth and I are pretty kinky, but we want everyone to be alive after the fun is concluded.
0 x
I'm not a gynecologist, but I'll take a very close look.