Do you own a gag that you would recommend?

Living the real life under lock and key
Blaeu

Do you own a gag that you would recommend?

Post by Blaeu »

My wife and I are looking to buy a better gag. We tried a cheap ball gag and a "dildo-gag," and while both were fun, neither really worked that well as a gag. The ball for the ball gag was too big and just had a piece of leather to tie it, and the dildo-gag was more of a novel item than anything else.

So, we are basically at a point where we both agree that we enjoy using gags, so it is time to invest in a good one, higher quality.

Does anyone own a gag that they just love? That type of recommendation would be great. On the flip side, is there any style we should stay away from? And, as always, any general advice is always welcome.
0 x
Blaeu

Re: Do you own a gag that you would recommend?

Post by Blaeu »

In case people don't have the gag experience I seek, I have a secondary question. When ordering sex toys online, are there any sites you recommend? Are there any sites I should stay away from?
0 x
Aarkey

Post by Aarkey »

Gags are an interesting challenge. If your goal is complete silence, that can be VERY hard to achieve. I would suggest something that covers the entire external part of your mouth (lips and all) as otherwise you'll always be able to mumble around it.

Comfort can be tricky, and I'm sure as you've already noticed, drooling will happen with a gag. So if you use something that fully covers like that, its definitely best to get used to it while facing downwards, otherwise you have to learn to swallow while gagged regularly. And that's not always easy.

Bondage tape can work quite well too - stay clear of duct tape, it'll pull off skin.

As to places to shop, there are lots of good ones. One I steer clear of though is Extreme Restraints. The ownership changed there a few years ago, and now almost everything they sell is actually a cheaply made chinese knock-off of the original. And though you can save a few bucks, the stuff just doesn't last.
0 x
"Some people need to be caged before they can be free." - Anon
Blaeu

Post by Blaeu »

Thanks for the info.

We really aren't sure which type of gag we want. We keep going back and forth between "fun" looking ones like inflatable, o-ring, or full head style... and comfort.

See, I have a tendency to talk a lot, over explain things, and rephrase statements for clarity. My wife finds it vexing and enjoys the time I am gagged more than she should. ;) So, longer term use is something we need to consider. It would be so much easier if we could just try them first. >_>
0 x
Aarkey

Post by Aarkey »

Blaeu, it sounds like you're similar to how I used to be. You might want to try a decent ball gag and then wearing a spandex/polyester hood over your head. The hood helps prevent you from being able to push the gag out of your mouth at all.

And definitely try the bondage tape. Its not like regular tape, it won't stick to your hair and only sticks to itself, so you'll have to loop it around your head at least twice, but it will definitely help stop you from talking around the gag.

FWIW - the biggest change for me came when I realized how much my "suggestions" were sapping the fun out of it for my then wife/domme.
0 x
imposedsensation

Post by imposedsensation »

Mr. S Leather is my vendor of choice, even though it is gay-oriented, they are very selective and have great gear. The ball gag I got from them is my absolute favorite. I have a link to it on my blog. I have lots of other gags--the o-rings are less comfortable and hard to keep oriented and positioned properly in your mouth.

Despite loving gags and having a bunch of them, the main type I haven't tried is a bit gag (like a horse). I'd like to get one the next time I'm feeling rich!

I echo the comment on Extreme Restraints--steer clear!
0 x
ptharv

Post by ptharv »

We have a padded leather gag from Mr S. It gets lots of use. Its also lockable. Its the only gag I can not remove when locked. Been locked on for up to 12 hours. Not so large as to make the jaw ache, even after a long session. The padding helps cut down on the noise and also feels more confining because it seals your mouth pretty well. We also have many other items from Mr s. They are expensive but usually best quality.
0 x
Currently wearing Steelworxx Looker 3.
Aarkey

Post by Aarkey »

imposedsensation wrote:...the main type I haven't tried is a bit gag (like a horse). I'd like to get one the next time I'm feeling rich!
I had a bit gag, unless you're into pony play, or the look of it, its not worth getting IMO, as it doesn't work well as a gag at all.
ptharv wrote:We have a padded leather gag from Mr S. It gets lots of use. Its also lockable.
ptharv, can you point to which one it is? I can't figure out which if any of these are lockable:
http://www.mr-s-leather.com/cat/48-48/b ... -gags.html

Thanks
0 x
imposedsensation

Post by imposedsensation »

Aarkey wrote: I had a bit gag, unless you're into pony play, or the look of it, its not worth getting IMO, as it doesn't work well as a gag at all.
Thanks for the note. Not into pony play, or at least I don't know if I am, but I don't think so. I guess I'll hold off.
Aarkey wrote: can't figure out which if any of these are lockable:
http://www.mr-s-leather.com/cat/48-48/b ... -gags.html

Thanks
I have this one in large and it's lockable.

http://www.mr-s-leather.com/HT065/delux ... d=YLCWbRBr
0 x
ptharv

Post by ptharv »

Fetters front buckle gag has the option of a lockable buckle. Its the one I was speaking of.
0 x
Currently wearing Steelworxx Looker 3.