Californication (Did we just go mainstream?)

Living the real life under lock and key
poor

Californication (Did we just go mainstream?)

Post by poor »

In Season 6, Episode 5 of Californication, Marcy puts Stu in a cock cage to punish him for cheating on her (looks like the CB-6000 Designer Line Chrome Edition) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xojo-6K6M3A&sns=tw

I've been waiting for someone in the US to comment on this. Did it have any impact?
Last edited by poor on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Re: Californication (Did we just go mainstream?)

Post by Tom Allen »

http://vanillaedge.wordpress.com/2013/0 ... ck-caging/

Haven't heard anything else about this anywhere. I've been waiting for some kind of public commentary, myself.
0 x
RegularJoe

Post by RegularJoe »

It will never go 'mainstream'...too kinky, too weird, and is generally associated with stuff that is perceived as even more deviant.
0 x
I'm not a gynecologist, but I'll take a very close look.
poor

Post by poor »

It's on TV!

As part of a scripted (& therefore approved) drama, not some halfway to 'look at these freaks' documentary on fetishes. The last time I saw the male actor was when he played a sinister character in 'Heroes'. When it gets to the UK it'll be on a free to view national channel. How mainstream does it get?
0 x
poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another
eido

Post by eido »

Isn't this exactly the kind of scenario that is almost universally tagged as bullshit or fantasy only?
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

eido wrote:Isn't this exactly the kind of scenario that is almost universally tagged as bullshit or fantasy only?
Yes, thank you! That is exactly the point I was trying to make on my blog a few weeks ago. I mean, yes, it's nice to see something like this on a regular (fsv of "regular) tv show, but geez louise, they had to go the punishing wife route. Ugh. :roll:
0 x
d23

Post by d23 »

This is par for the course for Californication. The show pretty much runs on cheap titillation, so it's not surprising that they went with the garden variety implausible fantasy. As implausible as it is, it's immediately accessible to the wider audience.
0 x
cb6000s

Post by cb6000s »

RegularJoe wrote:It will never go 'mainstream'...too kinky, too weird, and is generally associated with stuff that is perceived as even more deviant.
You mean like women wearing pants? Or integrated schools? Or interracial marriages? Or Gay marriages? All of these were seen as too kinky and too weird at one time. I would not say that male chastity will never be mainstream.
0 x
RegularJoe

Post by RegularJoe »

cb6000s wrote:
RegularJoe wrote:It will never go 'mainstream'...too kinky, too weird, and is generally associated with stuff that is perceived as even more deviant.
You mean like women wearing pants? Or integrated schools? Or interracial marriages? Or Gay marriages? All of these were seen as too kinky and too weird at one time. I would not say that male chastity will never be mainstream.
Not even close. Each of your examples entailed extremely large numbers of humanity finally attaining a 'right' that they desired...in some cases even gaining a legislative mandate supporting such overt activity.

Face it, male chastity is just a niche fetish that satisfies a relatively small population's needs. Were this not the case, this website would have huge numbers of members discussing the lifestyle (rather a large number of spammer attacks).

Locking your cock in a cage will never be common, or mainstream. The vast majority of the male population will always want to regularly enjoy the use of their sexual organs....but if the dream sustains you, fine, but it's really just a wish for wide acceptance of something that makes no sense to anyone but a few devotees.

In fact, the most widespread interest it will ever achieve will be as a rather exotic and pricey male bondage toy...another tool in that arsenal...something that my wife, Lady Beth has come to appreciate.

Personally, I enjoy savoring my unique hidden kinks. I'd just as soon not have it go truly mainstream...seeing a line of various MC's hanging on a rack in Target, next to the underwear display (or having to endure presidential candidates debate its societal value) would totally destroy its deliciously naughty allure.
0 x
I'm not a gynecologist, but I'll take a very close look.
fuzzydunlop

Post by fuzzydunlop »

Tom Allen wrote:This is par for the course for Californication. The show pretty much runs on cheap titillation, so it's not surprising that they went with the garden variety implausible fantasy. As implausible as it is, it's immediately accessible to the wider audience.
I totaly buy that. More times than not, exotic sexual behavior is treated as something silly, or part of some criminal suspense plot. I till take titilating most of the time. The wife punishing the husband is a common fantasy, and I don't see much wrong with it, even if it is a little corny. It is so easy to take one's own kinks way seriously.
cb6000s wrote:Personally, I enjoy savoring my unique hidden kinks. I'd just as soon not have it go truly mainstream...seeing a line of various MC's hanging on a rack in Target, next to the underwear display (or having to endure presidential candidates debate its societal value) would totally destroy its deliciously naughty allure.
I agree with that too. MCD's have certainly become more popular over the last 10 years, as it has been possible to produce relative quality ones cheaply. Sexual tastes are so personal. I have no problem with mine being kind of geeky and misunderstood by other people, so long as I am enjoying myself. It is human nature (for most people) to not really want to know what other people are doing with their junk, and most people don't want to know that much about their neighbor's kinks whatever they are. Of course, I don't want to be branded as a "deviant" but some of my friends know about some of my kinks and they just think I am an oddball. Of course, they are all oddballs themselves in their own rights.
0 x