Men taking over "her" chores = less sex?!

Living the real life under lock and key
SunLocked

Men taking over "her" chores = less sex?!

Post by SunLocked »

I think, over here we don't need to be worried ;)

The American Sociological Review has published a study on this matter. From the abstract:
[...] this study investigates the links between men’s participation in core (traditionally female) and non-core (traditionally male) household tasks and sexual frequency. Results show that both husbands and wives in couples with more traditional housework arrangements report higher sexual frequency [...]
0 x
Aarkey

Re: Men taking over "her" chores = less sex?!

Post by Aarkey »

I would suspect that many of the shared chores households are two income households too.
0 x
"Some people need to be caged before they can be free." - Anon
Anomaly

Post by Anomaly »

Aarkey wrote:I would suspect that many of the shared chores households are two income households too.
I work and my KH wife doesn't. Call us old fashioned. I'm not preventing her from it but I don't care if she doesn't either.
0 x
Proudly Locked by Starr
Current Device: CB6000S W/ KSD-G3
RegularJoe

Post by RegularJoe »

My opinion, for what it's worth, is that men have a more resilient sexual appetite than do most women; throw in the crazy irrational stress of the work world to a two income household, and the female partner's libido suffers before the male's. Female sexuality is far more complex and nuanced than that of most men. We men are fairly primitive...designed to get the reproductive job done...grunt a few times...and wander off in search of pleasure...while women are the nurturers.

Women (and I sincerely say this as a man who greatly admires and respects women) require a supportive environment before their reproductive impulses truly flower.

I'm no traditionalist..my wife has been working hard, all her life, to help keep our standard of living high...but I have always been able to easily able to discern pronounced decreases in her sexual appetite when her work environment became chaotic and inordinately stressful.

Is that an argument for traditionalism? No...but it certainly explains why 'traditional' marriages may enjoy increased 'sexual frequency and satisfaction'. Daddy needs to understand that mommy may not want him to be the boss....but that her 'real world boss' could be messing up their sex life.
0 x
I'm not a gynecologist, but I'll take a very close look.
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

RegularJoe,
I read your comments to my wife who was working out on the elliptical. She said to me "are you sure you didn't write that". We both fully agree with you.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
Aarkey

Post by Aarkey »

Anomaly wrote:Call us old fashioned.
I wouldn't call you old fashioned, but as we're a small subgroup of the general population, I think you and I both qualify as a statistical Anomaly ;)
0 x
"Some people need to be caged before they can be free." - Anon
Anymouse

Post by Anymouse »

Concerning "sharing traditionally feminine chores," they are in fact only traditional. Chores of any sort do not have anything to do with gender. There is no gender involving garbage, lawn mowing, dishes, or laundry.

Both my wife and I are retired (we are both disabled). We divide chores with who does what best.

As such, I note we have a Vanilla Female Led Relationship.

She handles the finances. She is far better with that than I. She cooks for the same reason.

I handle things like housecleaning, laundry, and dishes, because I am better at those things.

I would note that sociology is one of those "sciences" that has nothing to do with actual empirical science. There are no actual measures, theories are based on the opinions of sociologists, and there is no way to conduct empirical testing. Basically, sociology is not science, regardless of what sociologists think.

Mathematics, physics, chemistry, these are sciences. They have theories based on facts, are falsifiable (there are items which can overturn a theory if shown to be true), and one can conduct experiments which can be repeated by anyone with the proper training or equipment. Sociology, like economics or history, is not science.
0 x
Currently Wearing: The CB-600S or The Avenger Chastity Belt from Chastity Belts USA, depending on Miss BethK.
My wife Miss BethK holds my key.
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Studies where the data are self-reported are always suspect, anyway.

It's possible, for example, the men who help less around the house are more macho than the ones who don't and so tend to over-exaggerate their sex-lives somewhat.

Sarah xxx
0 x
Sarah Jameson
The Male Chastity Blog - Real Lifestyle Male Chastity Without The Hype
Author of 'Be Careful What You Wish For', The Ultimate Guide to Male Chastity.