Disclosure

Living the real life under lock and key
kpb57

Re: Disclosure

Post by kpb57 »

Being at the receiving end of a spanking applied with love can be a highly pleasant adventure.
Having a pallet dropped on you from a forklift definitely is not.

One thing where you should be cautious is the question if being caged may lead to distraction (through arousal) while working.

-K
0 x
Currently using: Steelworxx Looker 2
Owns: CB6000, Bon4, Sentinel (Copy), Birdcage (Copy), Lovejail, Gerecke Desire (Titanium)
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

RegularJoe wrote:You'll find many therapists haven't had any significant experience with these sort of fetishes...and will lump it under SM related mental disorders. I assure you that misdiagnoses are far more common than one might think....mental health practioners rely upon far more subjective diagnostic criteria than do medical disciplines associated with physical health. Psychotherapy is more of a 'social science'.
When I studied Psychology at college some decades ago, my first professor admitted that perhaps 5% of the field was sound knowledge...the other 95% was just guesswork (which, to my way of thinking, meant that patients were basically 'guinnea pigs' used for testing whatever pet hypothesis was currently in vogue). I haven't kept close tabs on the field, but based on some of the BS I see from time to time, I don't think that this has changed much since then. Which is not to say that there aren't any good psychotherapists out there, who have a genuine interest in helping people and approach it cautiously, but I've also seen lives ruined by incompetent blowhards who were more interested in making a name for themselves.
RegularJoe wrote: More enlightened therapists tend to regard fetishes as harmless if the individual (and partner) have no difficulty accepting the behavior....but will you be assigned such a therapist in this context? You won't be 'shopping around' for a therapist you feel comfortable with...you're dealing with a small provider pool.

Bear in mind that this is, essentially, an evaluation of suitability to return to work, NOT counseling sessions designed to facilitate self-understanding. Depending upon the individual's particular occupation it is quite conceivable that one's sexual predilections might well influence a therapist's opinion regarding suitability for particular occupations. Such evaluations are performed to protect the employer, as well as the employee.

If your TTWD proclivities played no direct part in your work related injury, and you (and your partner) are indeed comfortable with your sexual tastes, there is no value in even bringing the subject up, and a distinct possibility that the information could unnecessarily complicate matters.
I agree with Joe's thoughts above. This 'counseling' is not being done for your benefit, but for the benefit of your employer. This counselor's primary motivation is not your overall mental health, but determining your suitability to return to work. I think you would be well advised to keep your discussions focused on strictly work-related matters and leave your private, personal proclivities out of it.

[quote="RegularJoe]
If you want to further explore the psychological basis for your sexual desires, it would much better to engage the services of an individual truly qualified to provide such assistance, completely unassociated with any return to work suitability evaluation.[/quote]

I completely agree. If you want such counseling, you should engage a completely independent therapist who has only your interests in mind.
poor wrote:Thanks for all the interest thus far.

Having never done it before, I guess that I just want to be as honest as I can to the process in order to derive any benefit from it. Work colleagues who have had it are generally positive about the outcome.

TTWD may not come up. I'm not a sex worker so in that sense there is no direct link to work but I was hurt and it isn't the greatest leap of imagination to suspect that I'll be asked how I feel about being deliberately hurt. That would open the door to the subject at least.
'Honesty' is not always the best policy, particularly when considering personal matters and and the conflict of interest present when revealing such to someone who is beholden to someone other than you.

It seems as though you are saying that this injury was done to you deliberately, rather than it being an accident. Lacking specific knowledge of the event, I can only say that, if this is the case (and if it was not, then I can't see why the question would come up), you should play your cards close to your vest. Leave your personal preferences out of the discussion. This is not being 'dishonest', it is self-preservation. This individual and your employer have no need to know the whole, unvarnished truth, and you have no obligation to disclose it to them. What's more, I seriously doubt that it would be in your own best interests to do so.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

poor, Here’s my take on your situation. Does this lifestyle you have chosen to embrace have any impact on your ability to perform your duties at work? If the answer is no, then I would leave it out of any discussion unless you really feel the need to open up about it.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
luckylocked

Post by luckylocked »

The counselling is definitely part of the structured 'Return to Work' procedures and may be used to mitigate further damages/consequences for the employer who holds the duty of care. This is an essential part of WHS procedure.

Many employers may look for a valid reason to not have an injured employee back in the workplace if they believe that employee is at greater risk of further injury, I don't know if yours is one of them but trust me, I have been asked many times if thereis a way to not have them back, without any legal recourse for the employer.

Treat the counselling for exactly what it is, your suitability to return to work in your previous role and an opportunity to make sure that the employer can accommodate any requirements you may have to make the return to work as smooth as possible.

If you feel compelled to bring it up, maybe just leave the cage out of the equation and discuss it from a point of view of the honour system. No therapist would have an issue with that but for someone who is not well informed the cage itself could be perceived as a WHS issue.

As RegularJoe said if you want to explore TTWD with a therapist maybe best not to do it with your employers agent.

Just my opinion.
0 x
Locked in a HT v2 small by my lovely wife and mistress K.
Locked on 12th July. Last orgasm 11th July. Release date: Could be it for the year!
poor

Post by poor »

Thanks to all for your advice. It seems fairly clear how to approach this, especially as there are more relevant issues to work to be considered and only a few sessions to do this.
0 x
poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another