Refractory Period

Living the real life under lock and key
elwoodinchastity

Refractory Period

Post by elwoodinchastity »

Picking up on the "Chastity starts now" thread, I have a couple of questions for the group.

How long do you find your refractory period to last before you start getting horny again? When we first started playing, it was only a few days at most. Though, I credit that to the excitement around the newness of everything. However, after a hand full of "cycles" now, I'm finding that it is taking 7-10 days. (which is apparently the norm?) Does attention from your partner make a difference? Do you like having a break or do you wish you were horny immediately after getting locked up again? Just curious...
0 x
elwoodinchastity.blogspot.com
gTalk: [email protected]
Current device: Steelworxx Steelheart
Dev

Re: Refractory Period

Post by Dev »

Elwood, can you define how you are using the term refractory period? Usually it means the recovery period between one orgasm and the next. When my husband was non-chaste, that was about 20-24 hours. Now that he's chaste, that's not a measure we are using. So I am wondering what exactly you mean?

Thanks for an interesting question.

D
0 x
The Key is on my Nipple Ring
a couple's explorations with a chaste life, from the wife's point of view
Dev's Gallery
my stash of good looking men
Keyheld: Chastity Resources for Lovers
davidphd1866

Post by davidphd1866 »

Elwood,

I am presuming you mean the period of orgasm until you feel REALLY horny again. For me, it's about 10 days. Interestingly, I am finding it is 10 days.....+30......+30.....There seems to be a cycle going on.

Too bad there isn't enough scientific study out there to know why.

David
0 x
David

Post by David »

Elwood, this doesn't answer your question, but using the usual definition of refractory period that Dev provides, I find mine goes down considerably after a spell of denial. Pre chastity, my refractory period was typically several hours. After a month or more without coming, I am so horny I can be brought to orgasm 2 or 3 times, with as little as 10 minutes between.
David
0 x
wishful4

Post by wishful4 »

For me it's about 5-7 days if I'm unlocked. Not sure why, but it is quicker if I'm locked up.
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
likes2blocked

Post by likes2blocked »

Kind of depends, but I only have 3 data points since July... First went a month, then out for 2 days, was immediately horny when caged back up. Then went 6 weeks, out for a week, lots of orgasms, but it then took me over a week to get back into it. Last was 8 weeks (ack, I'm seeing a pattern here), out for a week, but not many orgasms, been back in for just 3 days, and am really horny.
0 x
michaelnmelissa

Post by michaelnmelissa »

Melissa has been allowing me one orgasm about every 14 days or so. That's not exact, but it is what is averages out to be. After that first one I could come again probably within an hour or so, but I am not allowed that. With that, I'd say I'm horny again the very next day. My "grumpy" period has been 12-14 days, but I am on day 16 and so far no grumpiness.

Michael
0 x
Dev

Post by Dev »

michaelnmelissa wrote: My "grumpy" period has been 12-14 days, but I am on day 16 and so far no grumpiness.

Michael
I suspect that all the excitement of the new Watchful Mistress is helping to stave off the grumpiness!

D
0 x
The Key is on my Nipple Ring
a couple's explorations with a chaste life, from the wife's point of view
Dev's Gallery
my stash of good looking men
Keyheld: Chastity Resources for Lovers
elwoodinchastity

Post by elwoodinchastity »

Dev wrote:Elwood, can you define how you are using the term refractory period? Usually it means the recovery period between one orgasm and the next. When my husband was non-chaste, that was about 20-24 hours. Now that he's chaste, that's not a measure we are using. So I am wondering what exactly you mean?

Thanks for an interesting question.

D
Good point. I didn't necessarily mean to imply the clinical definition of "refractory period." I just couldn't think of a better term to describe the interregnum. Specifically, I'm referring to the the period of time between having an orgasm and the time one begins to get horny again, with respect to being locked back up in a chastity device.

Anybody have any ideas on what to call that period of time?
0 x
elwoodinchastity.blogspot.com
gTalk: [email protected]
Current device: Steelworxx Steelheart
davidphd1866

Post by davidphd1866 »

How about calling it the "rechastory" period?

Dee har.

For me it is a rising and falling curve with a peak at around 10 days. If it were a sine wave, I'd describe it as having a period of 28 days, amplitude of '10 horny factors' and a frequency of about two weeks. BUT, the sine wave starts 10 days after an orgasm.

David
0 x