Dealing with the emergency Key

Living the real life under lock and key
practicinghetero

Re: Dealing with the emergency Key

Post by practicinghetero »

We keep the key out. We use a plastic security screw, mostly to keep the noise/profile down as much as possible...so I'd put that plastic key in a locked box, and she kept the key to that with her...spare in an envelope.

After a while, we just ended up leaving the main key out. Pullout is almost impossible to prevent, so it felt easier to just acknowledge the mental component to staying chaste.
0 x
MikeyLikes

Post by MikeyLikes »

CB devices are relatively easy to break out of (at the expense of the device). Steel devices - not so much.
0 x
bolted_rooster

Post by bolted_rooster »

My last trip on business was problematic. Not only did I need to travel with the key, I needed access for emergencies.

So I designed a key box. It is a clear plastic tube to hold the key, which can be broken in an emergency, and is locked with two padlocks. One with a key, the other with a resettable code padlock. A cable is locked through caps in the tube. Once I have locked myself away, the key can be locked away from my access with the standard padlock (key left with my key holder). When ts time for me to get release, my key holder texts me the combination for the padlock.
0 x