Taking a Break From MC

Living the real life under lock and key
wishful4

Taking a Break From MC

Post by wishful4 »

We are currently taking a break from MC due to a variety of reasons. We are both having some medical issues and I can sense she is tiring of Keyholder duties. When she is not in the game, it makes me feel that I am doing this alone and it has caused resentment in the past. As much as I enjoy MC, I do not want her to view her Keyholder role as a chore and start to dislike doing it. It was a mutual decision to take a break so I will let her decide when to start again. I will still be about on the forum.
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
locked4her55
Re: Taking a Break From MC

Post by locked4her55 »

I agree that both parties have to be vested in the process or it's not going to work.
I wish you and her the best and hope that when it's time you'll be "back in the saddle again".
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

Seriously, try to not see taking a break as a failure or a lapse. Over the last 10+ years that Mrs. Edge and I have been doing this, we have taken a number of breaks for various reasons. Sometimes it's little things like a rash or general discomfort with the device. Sometimes it's vacations or travel. Sometimes it's after a particularly long stretch of denial or lockup. Sometimes it's just because.

Too often we get this idea in our head that it's got to be a 24/7/365 lifestyle thing. But really, the idea is to share something between us that enhances our intimacy. And once in a while, taking a little break simply helps us to regain some perspective. Keeping it fresh helps keep the spark going, which makes it more interesting over time.
0 x
Linus

Post by Linus »

A few days ago I asked my wife whether I could take a week long break, staying unlocked. It only resulted in extending a release by a week! She is firm that I will never stay unlocked for the rest of my life. However she has kindly agreed to purchase a couple of cages so I could enjoy a variety! But no staying unlocked. Never.
0 x
Stay chaste. Make your wife & life happy. Forever.
finallyhappy

Post by finallyhappy »

In a way I'm kinda jealous. After a release my gf likes to give me a whole week out. Me, I like a few days off but not a whole week. I'd certainly prefer being immediately locked back up than having my week free.
Since she is still finding her comfort zone with all of this, I let her have it her way for now.
0 x
wishful4

Post by wishful4 »

Tom Allen wrote:And once in a while, taking a little break simply helps us to regain some perspective. Keeping it fresh helps keep the spark going, which makes it more interesting over time.
That's exactly what I am hoping will happen in our case.
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
Linus

Post by Linus »

Dear Tom Allen
Ever since my wife has locked me, she has found an ultimate control over me (which I do enjoy); and she does not want to lose it by taking a break even for an hour - forget days!
By now she knows that the moment & am unlocked, I become so horny & desperate for sex. So letting me free is a high risk idea!
Whenever it is time for my release, she first chains my neck / leg to the bed & keeps the key far away. After having sex I am unchained only after I lock the cage again & handover the keys to her!
I feel jealous about you guys for such long breaks!!!
0 x
Stay chaste. Make your wife & life happy. Forever.
hot_toddy_dog

Post by hot_toddy_dog »

I don't think staying locked forever is a realistic proposition. Seeing as I am out for a rash right now, despite wanting to be back in makes me jealous of all of you who are locked 24/7 and haven't yet had to deal with that situation.

Also, slightly jealous of those of you who get that thing called release...
0 x
finallyhappy

Post by finallyhappy »

Speaking of release... My bday is Sat. Although I have no problem going longer (4 weeks now), I know my gf well enough to know that daddy is going to get to do whatever it is that daddy wants to do.
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

Linus wrote:I feel jealous about you guys for such long breaks!!!
I call shenanigans. I suspect that you're not *really* that jealous.

As for our own breaks, we found that going for longer and longer periods of denial was burning us out. Well, maybe it would be better to say that it wasn't as exciting each time around, so we had to keep changing things to keep it interesting for us. Last year, Mrs. Edge discovered ruined orgasms, so that has added another dimension to things around here.
0 x