Women, Men...help me think this through...

Living the real life under lock and key
klick

Re: Women, Men...help me think this through...

Post by klick »

I think my husband would agree with you on that although he wouldn't use the term matriarchy. For some reason he doesn't like that word--not sure why. So, instead, he sometimes calls himself submissive but he isn't, really, and he knows he isn't.
And I have difficulties using the word submissive... :?
0 x
Belle

Post by Belle »

This whole thread and topic is really making me take a look at myself. One of the biggest things that Jnuts and I fight about is my lack of assertiveness in relationship. Friends would never believe this. I am a "tell it like I see it" person. I worked with convicted felons for several years and never backed down. You get the idea. Yet in relationships I conform to what I think the other person wants. This drives Jnuts crazy. I can't even count the number of times he has told me that he wants me to be the bitch I was at work in bed. I am just really having a hard time doing that. It is not just sexual either. It can be as simple as where to go for dinner. I can not make a decision that effects him in any way. I have no problems making decisons that effect our children, just him. Maybe it is a socialized thing?
0 x
~Belle
Jnuts wife & keyholder
http://nuts4belle.wordpress.com/
jnuts

Post by jnuts »

Exactly what Belle said. Her assertiveness is one of the things that attracted me to her. She is a very strong willed person, but when it comes to me, she turns to mush.
0 x
A vanilla couple finding their way in the male chastity lifestyle:
http://nuts4belle.wordpress.com
That same couple reviewing the hell out of sex toys:
http://nuts4toys.net
michaelnmelissa

Post by michaelnmelissa »

Well, I know I don't like the sissy blogs and that whole mindset and I'm 99.99% certain Melissa would not too. That is something we are just not in to.

Are we female led? I don't think Melissa would say so. I do lead in some areas and she (I think) does in others. For example, she does the budgeting and handles the money and basically let's me know what I can spend. It's not that I can't - I just do not like dealing with it. I was happy to let her take over. Melissa hates grocery shopping. I enjoy it. I even find it relaxing. So, I do that. Some might think we're reversing roles there, but I think it works out well for both of us.

I am pretty easy going and I like to make her happy, and so I find that we more often than not eat where she'd like, watch what she'd like, go where she'd like, etc. So, in a sense she leads there.

She is starting to lead in the bedroom!

Labels suck. What works in your own home is between the two of you.

Michael
0 x
Shane67

Post by Shane67 »

Belle wrote:Yet in relationships I conform to what I think the other person wants.
But if you become all stern and commanding, aren't you still conforming to what the other person wants? I think this is a classic "heads you lose, tails I win" situation. If you're solicitous in bed, if that's how you relate to the person besides you, then that's your prerogative now. As Lucy said to me the other day, "you've given me control, but it sure comes with a lot of instructions." I had no response to that.
jnuts wrote:Exactly what Belle said. Her assertiveness is one of the things that attracted me to her. She is a very strong willed person, but when it comes to me, she turns to mush.
Dude, that's because she loves you. Take it and run with it.
0 x
jnuts

Post by jnuts »

There is more to it than that. I won't go into much depth but past relationships have molded a lot of how Belle is towards me. MC has actually worked wonders in not only making us more open, but also breaking down some of those walls she has put up as far as sex goes.
0 x
A vanilla couple finding their way in the male chastity lifestyle:
http://nuts4belle.wordpress.com
That same couple reviewing the hell out of sex toys:
http://nuts4toys.net
Shane67

Post by Shane67 »

Dev wrote:Still, it's a unique perspective.
There are whole sites basically premised around fucking-the-patriarch in the ass. OWK and English Mansion comes to mind.
So are you saying that the blogs are fantasy, written by men? That's what Ab tells me they are. But I wonder because of the amount of details as well as photos. They seem real to me.
Actually, I do think some of the blogs are real, but I sometimes wonder if they are ghost written by the male partner -- they hit all the right would-be-male-sub fantasies (my area of expertise) too well. The female counterpart to these males must exist -- a woman who is fulfilled by living out the "Female-Acting-Like-a-Man Led Relationship" as envisioned by a man. (The old "every shoe has a mate" theory combined with a heck of a lot of shoes out there.) I guess I was wondering if it was the mere existence of such women that offended your feminist sensibilities and made the blogs annoying. [I hope that didn't come out wrong.]
But then, why would one want to marry a man if he is so inferior? And purport to be in love with him? And take on a male lover who can provide a level of sexual service far beyond what the husband is able to provide?
The way I understand the cuckold dynamic is that the wife values her inferior husband because it makes sex with her lover more intense, both emotionally and physically. The dynamic actually values the cuck, as without him it would be run-of-the-mill screwing around.
0 x
Dev

Post by Dev »

Lots of great comments here but I can't answer them all...still this one from Shane I did want to respond to:
I guess I was wondering if it was the mere existence of such women that offended your feminist sensibilities and made the blogs annoying. [I hope that didn't come out wrong.]
This is a great big world and we're all sorts of people on this planet...no, their existence doesn't offend me. I am, however, puzzled by their worldview. Supposedly they have taken on a leadership role but what I see is that they have traded one patriarchy for another. That's progress? Not to me but then, I live the freaking life without thinking about it. I am coming to realize I have a very hard time putting myself in a different mindset.

Interestingly, I had a work incident today that challenged my managerial/leadership perspective. I felt like I was teetering on a cliff between bossy/authoritative guy mode and compassionate/understanding/process woman mode. The person I was interacting with was not ready for the latter and I didn't want to resort to the former so I removed myself from the situation. We will revisit the issue on Monday when tempers are cooler.

D
0 x
The Key is on my Nipple Ring
a couple's explorations with a chaste life, from the wife's point of view
Dev's Gallery
my stash of good looking men
Keyheld: Chastity Resources for Lovers
likes2blocked

Post by likes2blocked »

jnuts wrote:Exactly what Belle said. Her assertiveness is one of the things that attracted me to her. She is a very strong willed person, but when it comes to me, she turns to mush.
Really interesting thread, and I'll have more to say when I'm not on the verge of falling asleep. What Shane said is important, but it is also true that you've both just started at this. Keep going and it will transform both of you. The only question is how much, and over what period of time.

The more you learn to let go and let her decide, as opposed to topping from the bottom, the more she'll learn that she's free to decide. Overall, that's a really good thing, at least from my POV. My first wife would just let me get my way nearly all the time, until one day she'd had enough and left. Keyhldr (2nd wife) is much better about letting me know what she wants and needs, and it isn't a worry.
0 x
Jimi123

Post by Jimi123 »

I wasn't going to do much more then lurk but wooooo... Good comment and lots of interesting replies.

I think that some of the real junk thats out there is written by one handed typists. *Men wanking off pretending to be women. And as to the whole pain vs pleasure thing. I think its difficult to get because at least for me the whole "lets have a nice spanking" thing just doesn't = sexual turn ons at all.

As to femdom etc. If you turn that around and have the man acting like this? you have the cops coming in and someone is going to jail. Its ok when its a women using a whip on the guy? Again. I don't get it - have less then zero interest so... I should go back to shutting up...

Humiliation and training men like dogs. Does all that work? I have no doubt it does. And its clicking in for me that some subtle forms of that probably work and the man is not treated all that badly and the benefits work out to both of the couples mutual desires but... Is there some other way to get to that point? This is probably the wrong group to ask because the answer is probably "who cares?"

Someone on CM made a statement to the effect that marriages fail due to a total lack of defined roles. I suppose sitting down and saying "your in MC and I make up the rules on when how or if you orgasm." combined with "Here are the things that you are going to do to please me" and.....

Tada! you have "defined" some roles.

Is that ideal?

I think it depends on what your used to what you want and or where you want to go. The strong male sweeping the women off her feet throwing her on the bed is the role most of us see as the hollywood role. I think the role of women in charge of sex is more the norm. And I'm not talking at all about MC just the idea that women are the ones to say "no" or "yes" and the male role is to be charming and ask a lot. So maybe having women hold a key or just say "when" is not that odd. And as many have suggested having the control be more total might be a relief for some men who don't enjoy the current game of asking being told "I have a headache, its too late, I'm having my period etc etc) instead of a more direct "no" or "yes"

BTW I think having the wife handle the bills or do other things that some folks think defines FLR is whatever you want call it make of it.

How does it all go from strong male bringing home the bacon and being a passionate lover to forced feminized slave serving drinks to his wife and her boyfriend in bed? *Other then the one handed typists inventing things.
0 x