lock clanging

Living the real life under lock and key
warwick

lock clanging

Post by warwick »

can anyone tell me if the lock makes the same noise hitting a jailbird as it does hitting the plastic devices.

robby
0 x
Shade

Re: lock clanging

Post by Shade »

I don't know about the jailbird specifically but I have silenced the lock on my cb-600 by wrapping a rubber band around it. Cheap, easy and effective!
0 x
Atone

Post by Atone »

When I was wearing my jailbird I never had a problem with the lock making noise. I used the brass master lock. The fit was tight enough that it didn't flop around. It would shift however and I liked it to always be folded back rather than upright or forward. I used a really small nylon wire tie around the hasp and the back ring. This kept everything really tight and right where I wanted it. If you take it off every day this might be a pain but for longer periods of wear it works great.
0 x
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

I had a problem with the lock on my CB6000s making noise when I got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. My KH/wife always knew where I was by the sound. I fixed it by going to my local hardware store and got a small inexpensive package of heat shrink tubing. I found a black piece that fit just right. Trimmed it to size, put it over the lock and used my KH hair dryer to shrink it onto the brass lock. Caution: take the lock off your CB before trying this. :o Now I walk silently thru the night!
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
wishful4

Post by wishful4 »

warwick wrote:can anyone tell me if the lock makes the same noise hitting a jailbird as it does hitting the plastic devices.

robby
Robby,

I have the Queen's Keep device. MM drills the hole for the lock with such tight tolerances that once the lock is in place, it does not move at all and makes no sound.
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
Curiousnotgeorge

Post by Curiousnotgeorge »

deleted
Last edited by Curiousnotgeorge on Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
rawrdude

Post by rawrdude »

The lock on my CB6000s doesnt seem to clang, so I dont have this problem. However I read a guy on reddit who uses rubber bands to stop the lock from clanging but also to hold some Q-tips to use for cleaning throughout the day. Seemed like a good idea to me!
0 x
Currently wearing a CB6000s
poor

Post by poor »

How about reversing the locking pin?

The padlock might not be comfortable against your body but the device will have a lower profile and won't clank.
0 x
poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another