can chastity be addictive?

Living the real life under lock and key
Al79

can chastity be addictive?

Post by Al79 »

Hello,
i could not write here for work problems but i always read this forum becouse i find it really helpful..
now i have been wearing the cb6000 for more than a month now, and the longest period without cumming was 10 days (i know for many of you is nothing but for me it's something) and i'm beginning to see the difference between what i fantasized and the reality (reality definitily wins)):
i think that we are going in a vanilla chaste relationship and i like it
after 10 days i had i think one the best sex in my life, a lot of strong feeling in my head more than in my body, amazing..
tha fact is that after 4 days my kh released me becouse she wanted to make love, she came and after she told me that i could do the same thing but i knew that i would not have feel the same that the past time so i gave up, telling that i preferred to wait, also becouse i loved the feeling of her satisfyed and me still waiting..
so now i'm 10 days again without release and i'm thinking to see how i can go this time.. is this a new addiction.. ;)
anyway my wife is loving all this.. she begun for me but i think that she is realizing that she likes the feeling of owning my body..
another thing i noticed is that now i get aroused only thinking in my wife (she occupies all my thinkings), is the same for you?
Anyway i'm loving all this.. think it's the beginning of a long travel.. and thank to the forum for all the good advices i could read here in various threads
0 x
currently wearing: cb6000
celticqueens_sub

Re: can chastity be addictive?

Post by celticqueens_sub »

I am not sure its addictive but it is very much a game changer. I am glad you are having fun with it. As for 10 days, thats pretty good. Don't judge yourself on what others do. Do what is right for you. My average is about 15 to 20 days and we have been doing this for best part of 2.5 years.

Some folks go months some go days. No rules! Thanks for sharing your experiences with us.
0 x
Owned and loved by Celtic Queen. Her perception is my reality.

Http://www.celticqueen.co.uk

Checkout http://keyheld.blogspot.com/ for lots of good blogs with great advice
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

I think it is at least psychologically addictive, and possibly physically addictive as well, providing that one's partner is accepting, actively involved, and reinforcing.

There are many people who take various drugs to get 'high', stimulating the pleasure centers of the brain. Arousal is pleasurable as well but is stimulates the pleasure centers of the brain more naturally, with self-produced chemicals. As arousal and desire increase, behavioral changes are induced, creating behaviors that are designed to gain favorable attention from one's partner- you begin to do 'nice' things for her (or him). Aside from the self-realized pleasure that is often gained from doing something 'nice' for someone else*, when the partner accepts and rewards the behaviors it creates a Pavlovian feed-back loop that provides additional pleasure and reinforces the behaviors, causing the behaviors to be repeated in order to receive the pleasurable reward(s) again.

'Pleasure' *is* addictive, whether it is naturally or artificially chemically induced. Studies have shown that animals (lacking the higher cognitive abilities of humans) will forsake even life-sustaining behaviors when faced with an easily gained pleasurable reward as an alternative. This addictive behavior is evidenced in humans as well, some of whom (in spite of presumably/allegedly higher cognitive abilities) engage in self-destructive behaviors (as animals do) in order to feed their pleasure addiction.

So yes, if one receives a pleasurable reward from 'chastity', and the behaviors induced continue to be rewarded and reinforced it is (or can be) addictive. The strength of the addiction, and whether it is beneficial or detrimental depends on the individuals involved, and their awareness and management of it.

(It is unfortunate that there are many people who fail to be aware of their pursuit of pleasure turning self-destructive or, if aware of it, incapable of moderating it. Their pursuit of 'pleasure' (gambling, drugs, alcohol, sex, etc.) becomes excessive, seeking higher 'highs', consuming all available resources and time until their lives are ruined and/or they end up dead (one way or another) because of it.)

*(If anyone would like to argue against my opinion that there is no such thing as *truly* 'altruistic' behaviors because they are ALL, at their core, selfish, feel free to PM me ;-))
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
fuzzydunlop

Post by fuzzydunlop »

I wish it were addictive, but I don't think it is, at least for me. Like dieting and exercise, I find that I am happier when I am in the groove. But it is all too easy to fall off the wagon and have lulls when my motivation isn't there. I don't think I am unique in that respect by any means.

Do some people get carried away or obsessed? I am sure some people do, and when I am in a groove, I sure get a little obssessed. It feels like it could go on forever but it never does.

My question would be "does it get in the way of life?". It rarely ever has in my relationship. I am sure some "chastity habits" can be tedious for some key holders if the self obsession gets to be too much. I am sure there are days when I have overdone text messages about my condition.

But on the whole, we like chastity streaks better than the ruts in between.
0 x
Allmylife4her

Post by Allmylife4her »

Well I'm addicted (so far). It's only been 13 days since my KH clicked her lock shut for the first time and I'm loving it. We had great sex when she has released me during the initial week of lock up as we were both so turned on way too much, but she's assured me that I shouldn't get used to her unlocking me. Currently I'm on day 2 of a 10 day lock up.
0 x
First locked up 02/12/12.
Wore CB6000 throughout 2012 & 2013.
Currently wearing Jail House since early 2014.
wishful4

Post by wishful4 »

TwistedMister wrote:I think it is at least psychologically addictive, and possibly physically addictive as well, providing that one's partner is accepting, actively involved, and reinforcing.
I would agree it can be both. This has caused problems in our relationship from time to time. After several days of a locked period, my brain tends to go into overdrive. My horny meter is pegged out and I start fantasizing about my keyholder and the teasing and denial plus other things I imagine she may say and do to me or have me do to her in my locked condition. I can get so wound up as to assume she going right along with me and I try to drag her into some of my imagined situations. She can sometimes be put off by this if she is not in the mood. What I should do is be as attentive as I can and wait for a signal from her but it's hard to do. More than once I have screwed things up this way.
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
celticqueens_sub

Post by celticqueens_sub »

wishful4 wrote:
TwistedMister wrote:I think it is at least psychologically addictive, and possibly physically addictive as well, providing that one's partner is accepting, actively involved, and reinforcing.
What I should do is be as attentive as I can and wait for a signal from her but it's hard to do. More than once I have screwed things up this way.
At least you recognise what you are doing and that means you can decide to do something about, which has to be positive and shows that MC can be a useful behaviour regulator and modifier in some cases :)

It certainly has changed my behaviour and my KH appreciates that. I guess in that respect I am addicted to making CQ as happy as I can by exhibiting the behaviours she wants and has trained me for.
0 x
Owned and loved by Celtic Queen. Her perception is my reality.

Http://www.celticqueen.co.uk

Checkout http://keyheld.blogspot.com/ for lots of good blogs with great advice
Al79

Post by Al79 »

celticqueens_sub wrote:
Some folks go months some go days. No rules! Thanks for sharing your experiences with us.
as i wrote i have to thank this forum becouse surfing the net i think this to be one of the most serious stuff on the subject and i found a lot of useful information, and sharing is the minimum i can do
no rules!! that's another reason i love it
I agree with it, about the phisical part i see that after a week i feel better, i have a lot of energy and that feeling of constant light excitacion (sometime not so light ;) ) helps me doing my normal stuff in a better way, looks like a high, a "cheap" one luckily..
wishful4 wrote:What I should do is be as attentive as I can and wait for a signal from her but it's hard to do. More than once I have screwed things up this way.
i know, it's difficoult fo rme too, also becouse my kh isn't too much in T&D, i think she is getting used to the cb and slowly she will begin playing with it, but not now and sometime i fantasize too with her doing a lot of things to me wich she actully doesn't, but, as i wrote in another post, it took almost one year conving her to begin this and just thinking that i could screw scares me enough; anyway now she says that she loves the whole thing and told me why i didn't begin this before (?)
0 x
currently wearing: cb6000
fuzzydunlop

Post by fuzzydunlop »

Liking something a lot, and even obsessing about it is not the same as addiction.
0 x
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

I think it can be for some. Have been wearing a CB6000s for almost 2 years now. The longest I've been locked up without release is 28 days. I find that my body is so well adjusted to the device that I forget I'm wearing it sometimes. When it does come off for some T&D or an orgasm I find I am more that ready when my wife says "I think it's time to lock you back up".
Last edited by locked4her55 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273