Day vs Night

Living the real life under lock and key
Betterthansmith
Last orgasm: May 1st, 2024
Orgasms this year: 6
Day vs Night

Post by Betterthansmith »

I know, I'm sorry, there are already loads of post about ring sizes and what happens at night, but none really answered my question(s), so here goes...

I just got my second JB, smaller cage and smaller base ring... The fit I think is right - I took loads of advice from this forum and I have a base ring I can fit a finger under when flaccid... By day it fits like a glove - I forget its there sometimes.

However, when I try to get hard, I do now feel some dull pain - not around the ring itself, but slightly closer to the body. Its a dull pain, I tell myself its my wife grabbing me hard by the balls to remind me of the predicament I'm in! At night its waking me up - I go to the bathroom and it wears off, last time in the larger cage this happened but I slept better after the first week.

So some questions...

When is a base ring too tight? When the cage comes off and the ring is left on, I can get an erection but the penis is a much darker colour than normal... I've read if they're too tight they turn white?

Any quick tips on those nocturnal erections? The general concensus on here seems to be a trip to the bathroom which works for me... If I lie there waiting for it to subside it doesn't happen.

Apologies again, I know in one way or another its all been covered here before, but like most people I guess I'm concerned on the long term damage issues...
0 x
wettie

Re: Day vs Night

Post by wettie »

Other than the darker color of your penis, it all sounds par for the course, and as many have said elsewhere on here, your body will adjust over time. Your penis will learn that it cannot have strong erections while in the cage, and your body will get used to the feel of the erections pulling on the cage and you will likely sleep right through them in a few weeks, I know I do now.
0 x
Betterthansmith

Hi wettie

Thanks for the reply... I think all is good, I think the colour is just a bit more blood than usual from what I've read - just hope my body does get the hint on the night time erections - I'm up every 90 minutes!
0 x
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

Hey Betterthansmith ,

It took some time for me to get it right but I had a 44mm ring which felt good during the day but was a killer at night. I went back to the 47mm ring and slept fine but during the day I wished I had the 44mm on.

Not wanting to go back and forth I asked William at MM if he could come up with something in between. He took my 47mm and sized it down just a bit to 46mm. WOW, what a difference 1mm can make.

Feeling great both day and night. I have tried using the 44mm several times since but the same problem occurs with me waking up numerous times with the pain of an attempted erection.

I still get the "morning wood" but now is't mild discomfort that I'm pretty use too.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
Betterthansmith

Hi locked4her55 - thanks for the message.

I've gone from a 1 3/4 single to a 1 5/8 double ring... i wouldn't have thought there be much difference but there is! However, I'm a week in today and last night was the first time I noticed the dull pain wasn't as bad, the night time erections not so hard, so perhaps like the forum says I'm starting to adjust...
0 x
adamzz

Post by adamzz »

Heads up I am still a newbie but from what I have tried, I agree with the consensus, seems like the ring might be too tight. Usually with an oval ring I could go a bit smaller but my I never get any color changes or dull pains other than the normal dick fighting tube feeling! I found that a tiny bit of lube under the ring helps during the night. I usually don't use any during the day.
0 x
rickiee_2002

Post by rickiee_2002 »

Interesting ... my penis has never learned to stop trying to get erect at night and the morning. I wish it was like other's that have said over time it will learn and stop. Mine hasn't learned ... or 14 months is just not long enough.

I am woken up frequently and it hurts. I get through it, but I can't seem to lessen the amount of times it trys to get hard. I will try peeing a few times at night and see if that lessens the frequency or hardness.
0 x