My first year of chasity

Living the real life under lock and key
Atone
Re: My first year of chasity

Post by Atone »

Harry Haversackers wrote:So much fun, that I expect we'll keep it going for the foreseeable future.
congratulations on your anniversary too, I hope there are many more.

It seems like quite a few here have been at it a year or more, some many more. I wonder sometimes about some of the folks you don't hear from anymore. Thumper had a statistic on his blog once, not sure if it was truly analytical or just made up, that said the average male chastity blog lasted about 56 days (I made that up because I don't feel like searching for it but it was pretty short). I hope we keep at it as well.

-A
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

I don't know about Thumper, but I've mentioned a few times that the average blog lasts 3 to 6 months (this information came from Google and is a few years old now). I even wrote about it a while back. This is the only post I can find at the moment.

I've noticed similar things on some of the chastity-oriented web groups, too I think that the issue is that once you get past the excitement of it being new and different and kinky and exciting and intimate and new, then there's not much to actually write about, at least, not on a consistent basis. And again, once you get past the new and exciting, what you *really* have to write about is the intimacy of your relationship, which then becomes more difficult to put into words, if indeed, you're actually motivated to do so.

Beyond that, when you've been practicing it long enough for it to be a normal part of your life ([please don't say lifestyle, thank you very much), it becomes so mundane that you don't blog about it the same way that you don't blog about making dinner or cleaning the garage.
0 x
Atone

Post by Atone »

Tom Allen wrote:I don't know about Thumper, but I've mentioned a few times that the average blog lasts 3 to 6 months (this information came from Google and is a few years old now).
That was probably where I saw it then, sorry about that.

I agree it is much more difficult to talk about the intimate aspects of the relationship. For me that is because it is hard to express a "feeling" just using words. Some of you are very talented at bringing others in to the experience.

-A
0 x
gungadn

Post by gungadn »

Atone wrote:
Harry Haversackers wrote:So much fun, that I expect we'll keep it going for the foreseeable future.
congratulations on your anniversary too, I hope there are many more.

Thumper had a statistic on his blog once, not sure if it was truly analytical or just made up, that said the average male chastity blog lasted about 56 days (I made that up because I don't feel like searching for it but it was pretty short). I hope we keep at it as well.

-A
Studies show that 73.6% of all statistics are made up!
0 x
GungaDN

This is just my experience, yours can.... and probably will.... vary!

Currently Wearing:Steelheart.
Owns: CB3000, CB6000, Steelheart II, Steelheart, various home-built models.
Celtic Queen

Post by Celtic Queen »

Tom Allen wrote:
Beyond that, when you've been practicing it long enough for it to be a normal part of your life ([please don't say lifestyle, thank you very much), it becomes so mundane that you don't blog about it the same way that you don't blog about making dinner or cleaning the garage.
Absolutely hit the nail on the head!

A quick look at Keyheld shows this really clearly where the date of last update shows. There's this initial rush of detail and then I think the effort of thinking up something new to say becomes too much and the blogs just trail off as the bloggers feel they have nothing new to say. When I look over ours, the tone has evolved a lot as the initial novelty of chastity becomes "business as usual". The initial effects are so overwhelming but they do flatten out with time - hard to believe for the newbies, I know.
0 x
"Only the man whose neck is bent may bear the oppressor's heel"
www.celticqueen.co.uk/blogs
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

Celtic Queen wrote:A quick look at Keyheld shows this really clearly where the date of last update shows. There's this initial rush of detail and then I think the effort of thinking up something new to say becomes too much and the blogs just trail off as the bloggers feel they have nothing new to say. When I look over ours, the tone has evolved a lot as the initial novelty of chastity becomes "business as usual". The initial effects are so overwhelming but they do flatten out with time - hard to believe for the newbies, I know.
I remember at one point waking up and realizing that in my dream I had been wearing my device - but the device was *not* a focal point of the dream itself. It was just another item, like wearing a jacket or a watch. And really, after you get the care and maintenance down to a science, you really do stop noticing that you're wearing it. You stop wondering if people will notice, you stop thinking about it as something new and different. Not that it's a bad thing, just that it's now just one more part of your life, like taking your medicine or wheeling the trash out on Tuesday night.

And yes, it actually can become just that mundane. :mrgreen:
0 x
wishful4

Post by wishful4 »

Tom Allen wrote:You stop wondering if people will notice, you stop thinking about it as something new and different. Not that it's a bad thing, just that it's now just one more part of your life, like taking your medicine or wheeling the trash out on Tuesday night.

What!!!! Somebody else has to wheel the trash out on Tuesday night?!?! But I clean the house, too!!!
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
Anymouse

Post by Anymouse »

And here I have been only but a month. It seems I've quite a bit of growing to do (but not that sort of growing). - James on the South Beach of the Sandhills.
0 x
Currently Wearing: The CB-600S or The Avenger Chastity Belt from Chastity Belts USA, depending on Miss BethK.
My wife Miss BethK holds my key.
Thypuc

Post by Thypuc »

Congrats on your year,

I only hope we can keep if up for that length. We are new to make chastity, her initial goal is a month. We are also keep track of my wife's orgasms, our goal is 100:1 this month. Anyond else track there wife's orgasms of ratio to yours.
0 x
MissyBsBitch

Post by MissyBsBitch »

My wife has had 11 orgasms since my last one which was over 5 months ago. I would love to give my wife more, I'm/we are working on that.
0 x
24/7 Chaste husband to my beautiful Wife/keyholder.