[cuyahoga] Chapter Two

A place to blog about your thoughts and experiences
Schnoff

Re: [cuyahoga] Chapter Two

Post by Schnoff » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:53 am

Sorry to hear that, man. I know how hard these "unequal partnerships" can be, particularly when the D-side is not committed to creating that framework. If that's what happened.
0 x

KittensBoyToy

Post by KittensBoyToy » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:27 am

I hope the 2 of you can work out whatever is causing the problems.
0 x
Kitten's Boy Toy
Happy to be Kitten's property!

cuyahoga

Post by cuyahoga » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:17 pm

Thank you all, and also the number of private messages I’ve received. This is a great, supportive and caring community.

There is a long standing issue in my marriage, unrelated to denial and chastity. It’s something I’ve tried unsuccessfully to address in the past. I thought I could ignore it. Denial and chastity amplify my reaction to it, and amplify the hurt I feel because of it.

I never thought that denial and chastity would fix it. I really just thought I could live with it. Now I know it’s going to have to be addressed more firmly, and unless it’s resolved to some degree, denial and chastity can’t continue.

This was not a singular event. It’s a collection of events and observations and discussions and promises and disappointments that stretches back for years. I also don’t feel like it’s a marriage killer. Maybe I need to make a change, maybe she needs to make a change, maybe we both need to make a change.

I’ve sought the advice of a relationship counselor, already attended a first meeting, and will move forward with the advice I was given in that forum.

Again. Thank you all soooo much. This is an amazing corner of the internet that I am so glad to be a part of.
1 x