[Nelly] Home-made Stainless Steel belt and thoughts by Nelly

A place to blog about your thoughts and experiences
Nelly

[Nelly] Home-made Stainless Steel belt and thoughts by Nelly

Post by Nelly »

Firstly, congratulations on a great forum, loads of useful and interesting stuff. I put this little article together as I thought it might be of interest to anyone wanting to building their own chastity belt.

A quick introduction as to how it started for us.

To begin with and most importantly we have a good solid relationship (married 10 yrs) and although we have our little ups and downs, the chastity aspect just adds a little spice, we’re not going to fall apart without it.

Basically I’m the one that liked the tie-me-up games, including a bit of short-term (hour or two) chastity play with simple home-made devices, and from time to time my wife indulged me in this. However, she didn’t really approve of me playing with the ‘toys’ while she was out and about; I now work from home a lot so temptation is always there. After catching me on a number of occasions, we had a ‘discussion’. I agreed that I’d got into the habit of hoping she would go out so I could indulge myself. I always felt guilty afterwards and usually ran round doing lots of chores to make up, so not all bad. Still, hoping your wife is going to go out so that you can get up to some mischief was not a great feeling.

Since I already had an interest in chastity she suggested that the next time I felt the ‘urge’ to play, why not focus my efforts on constructing a ‘proper’ chastity belt, at least there would be something tangible at the end. I’m an engineer by training, so that sounded like a dream come true, who doesn’t want to build things that relate to their interests and hence my project to construct the belt described below. In hindsight, my wife’s uncharacteristic enthusiasm for a project in this area should have been a warning, but like a lot of engineers I was too wrapped up in solving the problems to see the bigger picture unfolding.

Although my wife is not very technically minded she is very astute and asked lot of probing questions regarding the belt’s construction and security. She even put a few of my assurances to the test with screwdriver and spanner. I have to confess it was great fun, like having your best buddy working on your favourite project with you, the actual process of constructing the belt had taken a ‘little issue’ in our relationship and turned it into something positive. Fiddling around off and on it took about a year and 3 design iterations to get everything just right. The bit that did make me gulp a bit was at the end when she returned from the DIY store with ‘her’ padlock, “to be used from now on”, she said. I now get to wear my lovingly crafted belt, a lot! Although I don’t get to ‘play’ as often and it can be really frustrating being locked up, when I do get out it’s fantastic. With ‘temptation’ removed I do tend to concentrate on more useful projects which actually gives me more long-term satisfaction and certainly keeps my wife happy.

I managed to take a few pictures of the belt before my wife and now key-holder ‘installed’ it; she did seem worryingly keen for me to try it on!

TBC....
Attachments
Belt_rear
Belt_rear
2_Belt_rear.jpg (140.58 KiB) Viewed 17762 times
Belt_front
Belt_front
1_Belt_front.jpg (126.31 KiB) Viewed 17762 times
0 x
Sir Chaste

Re: [Nelly] Home-made Stainless Steel belt and thoughts by N

Post by Sir Chaste »

Nelly: You did a great job! Your home-made Stainless Steel belt looks very similar to the CB's which are currently available from Ebay and DH Gate.
0 x
Previously wore CB6000s, Jail House, and MM Jail Bird. Currently wearing My-Steel Total System hip belt.
Nelly

Post by Nelly »

Hi Mike,

Glad you liked the belt and I just had a look at DH Gate - blimey is that company looking to solve the world's population explosion all on its own?

Here's the 2nd part of the article that deals with the belt's construction....

The design is based on female version I made for my wife a few years ago, which was not really her thing but it was an interesting project for me. All metal parts on this belt are in stainless steel, the liner is Neoprene wetsuit material and the tube was made from an ‘S’ trap plumbing part (Mcalpine). The waistband and front-piece are 2mm thick and were guillotined to the basic outline by a local workshop, I didn’t tell them what it was for and they didn’t ask. Other than that only basic tools were used: vice, drill, file, hacksaw and a computer/printer to generate the drill patterns. The total cost of all the materials, including delivery was around 100Euros, this includes spare material for other projects 

Tips :

To mark and drill holes accurately, draw small crosses where you want the holes using a drawing/CAD program, print it out 1:1 and stick it onto the metal (3M SprayMount works well). Centre punch at the crosses, drill with a small pilot drill (2mm) and enlarge if necessary. For shapes such as the hexagonal hole the same technique can be used, drill an initial round hole, enlarge to 10mm and then file to the required outline. Ordinary nut and bolt fixings can be secured by super-gluing the threads and or flattening the exposed screw end, effectively turning it into a rivet. The large nut in front of the padlock is secured by a pin (from a bicycle chain link) press fit through the nut and into the bolt.

Some useful links for materials :

http://www.mcalpineplumbing.com To identify parts to look for (tube traps 1.5” swivel ‘S’)
http://www.boltmeup.com Stainless nuts, bolts and D-rings
http://www.bosunsupplies.com Polished stainless twist chain
http://www.rhnuttall.co.uk Neoprene wetsuit material (foam/sponge section)
http://www.juststainless.co.uk Stainless steel sheet
http://www.floorandwallsolutions.co.uk Thin stainless steel strip if you can’t source locally

For the stainless sheet, try and find an engineering firm that can cut the main sections from stock material. In terms of area you don’t need very much. For the thinner stainless steel for the D-ring fixings I used a carpet finishing strip from the local DIY store.

We’ve been using this 3rd and final version of the belt for about 8 weeks now and it seems to be very comfortable and exceedingly secure, doh! Previous designs used extruded aluminium flat bar which is actually more springy than the stainless and worked very well for the waistband. The only downside is that it can scratch more easily and aluminium parts that rub together can make a messy black oxide. That said, I would still recommend aluminium for first attempts, it is easier to get hold of, easier to work with and cheaper. However, for even medium term use, the chains and fixings ideally need to be stainless, to avoid galvanic corrosion and rusting problems.

From my experiences with CB construction I would say that if you are interested in CB’s and have any aptitude for DIY, have a go, the whole process of building it can be a lot of fun. Even if you eventually intend to buy a chastity device, you can gather some very useful information by trying some home construction first.

You may find out that certain types of device are just not for you, personally I found that I can’t get on with the ball-trap devices at all. I also found that certain designs of Florentine type belts were not for me, specifically the arrangement of the rear chains/cable/solid-band. It’s very much down to personal preference but it can be a deal breaker when it comes to wearing the thing long term. My solution is a half-way house between over-the-cheek chains and between-the-cheeks thong. The chains are of a length that they can be pulled apart just enough to do the necessary, if they are any tighter the belt is too uncomfortable anyway. A novel feature is the arch-shaped hole at the end of the tube, allowing the old stocking trick to ‘get myself in’ comfortably. This hole is then inaccessible, once the front section is drawn up and the belt is locked. Basically it avoids the need for a detachable tube and the extra complication that it brings.

During your constructions, you will certainly find out just how much work is required to make a custom CB and hence the price of them. The time, effort and money (if you buy one) required to get a CB suitable for long term use is substantial. It really isn’t something you’ll want to cut off on a whim, even if you’re able to.

TBC....
Attachments
Belt open
Belt open
5_Belt_open.jpg (128.55 KiB) Viewed 17727 times
Tube detail
Tube detail
4_Tube_detail.jpg (122.36 KiB) Viewed 17727 times
Underside detail
Underside detail
3_Underside_detail.jpg (106.23 KiB) Viewed 17727 times
0 x
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

Outstanding craftsmanship and photos. Ready to take orders?
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
Nelly

Post by Nelly »

Thank you for the compliments locked4her55. As regards orders I think I’d need a slightly better equipped workshop, it was a bit of a labour of love with mainly hand-tools.

As a footnote to the article here are some of the usual questions pertaining to chastity devices, answered as regard to my belt and me.

Q Can I get the belt off without the key?
A Not with out a lot of collateral damage to the belt and possibly me.

Q Can I get an orgasm in the belt?
A Nothing worth while. I have sort of managed it once but it took over an hour of jiggling and writhing about, made everything very sore and my wife wasn’t best pleased because the belt had to stay off while everything healed up. To be honest the end ‘result’ wasn’t really worth the aggravation, and although very frustrating at times, I have learnt that it is better to behave myself and wait to be let out.

Q Can I pull myself out of the tube with the belt on?
A Possibly; my wife got me to try, but it all got rather jammed up and painful, and she ended up having to unlock the belt. She seemed very pleased with the result, and I’m not sure I’d want to chance it with no key to hand.

Q Can I get myself into the tube with the belt on?
A Not comfortably, the belt really needs to be open to allow enough room to manoeuvre, otherwise it’s back to the old jammed/pinched up problem. I also found that not being ‘in’ the tube makes the belt very uncomfortable, pressing in all the wrong places.

On balance, trying to pull out and get back in risks a whole lot of ‘caught it in the zipper’ type pain and apparently I might just get left that way for a while if I tried it, it’s a lot safer to stay put.

Q Can I go to the toilet in it?
A Yes no problem. Sit to pee and pull the chains apart just enough for the other.

Q Is the belt comfortable for long term use?
A Yes, so far. Cleanliness is the most important, I shower at least once every day and I’m let out every couple of days for a supervised clean/inspection, any sign of soreness and the belt stays off. The only problem to date was when I was trying to get myself off, while in the belt, and made myself sore.

Q Does the belt fulfil all our requirements from a chastity belt?
A Pretty much I think. Once locked I haven’t found any way of getting any worthwhile relief until my wife unlocks me. All other options carry too higher price in terms of pain and/or damage to the belt. As a result there is little point in getting up to any mischief on my own, since it can no longer lead anywhere – mission accomplished as far as my wife’s concerned.

Some final thoughts…

Ultimately I think a chastity belt is just a physical reinforcement of an underlying desire to be denied. Everyone’s thresholds are different but once you have a belt that you believe you cannot defeat or escape from then you have your ‘proper’ chastity belt, looks like I’ve now got mine! Believing that I am truly chaste in the belt actually makes it easier to wear; there is a feeling of resignation that once the lock clicks shut, that really is it until I’m let out. In general my wife is not into lots of teasing and sideline activities, she prefers that I just get on with something more productive until she decides it’s playtime again. Although deep down I know this is probably for the best and I like the sense of belonging that her holding the key gives me, I do miss ‘amusing’ myself. There’s a big difference between messing around with a ‘toy’ CB for a couple of hours and being properly locked up for a week or more. However, as a couple we’re both happier with the current arrangement, and that’s what counts.

I hope this has been helpful and inspires some other budding CB DIYers out there.

Nelly
Attachments
For completeness, my wife's preferred choice of underwear for me, it's a snug fit!
For completeness, my wife's preferred choice of underwear for me, it's a snug fit!
6_Belt_installed_front.jpg (100.83 KiB) Viewed 17699 times
0 x
Atone

Post by Atone »

really nice work. I really wish I could wear a full belt, that is really hot.
0 x
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

Nelly wrote:As regards orders I think I’d need a slightly better equipped workshop, it was a bit of a labour of love with mainly hand-tools.
I believe there are many of us on the forum that tinker in our own workshops. I can tell that this was truly a labor of love for you. I've only worn trapped ball devices but have always been intrigued by a full belt device. I just don't believe I could wear it long term. Again, outstanding bit of crafting in your workshop.
Ultimately I think a chastity belt is just a physical reinforcement of an underlying desire to be denied
I do believe this says it all
0 x
Currently wearing A273
Nelly

Post by Nelly »

Hi guys,

A bit of an open ended question but with regard to full belts what are the main problems you find with long term wear?

Looking around the rest of the forum full belts definitely seem to be in the minority. Although I find mine very comfortable I concede it’s taken a lot of fine-tuning to get to this point. I guess I’m also lucky in that my body shape allows me to wear the belt very low down ‘hipster style’ and it still won’t slip down. My sporting activities include running, cycling and playing badminton, all of which I can do in the belt, however it does come off for tournaments/competitions, in case of accidents and a trip to hospital. I suspect there are few chastity devices that can be worn for really serious sport bearing in mind you can still get chaffing injuries/ blisters wearing Lycra gear specifically designed for the job, let alone something made of hard plastic or metal.

By contrast my experience with the trapped ball devices was if the thing was tight enough to be secure, it was just too painful most of the time, a real deep ache that didn’t feel overly healthy. When I say secure I only mean tight enough to prevent the device just falling off when I shrunk down during exercise.

Thanks in advance for any enlightenment.

Nelly
1 x
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

Nelly wrote:A bit of an open ended question but with regard to full belts what are the main problems you find with long term wear?
For me it would be that "adjustment period". You have the talent to first build the device and if something needs adjusting it's just a trip to your workshop. I'm sure you made numerous visits to fine tune your CD. If it wasn't feeling right you just made the correction. Too much or too little, it would be an easy fix. The rest of us have to either live with what was ordered or package it up and ship it back. This "adjustment period" for you might be days. For the rest of us it could take months and many $'s :cry:
1 x
Currently wearing A273
Nelly

Post by Nelly »

Hi locked4her,

Thanks for the insight, I really see where you're coming from. If I'd paid postage every time I tweaked my belt I'd have shares in DHL by now and the waiting would have probably driven me nuts.

Still, don't underestimate your own abilities, my first attempts were very rough and ready but you do get better at it.

Nelly
1 x