Warning=Computer virus

Board announcements, questions from members, etc.
wishful4

Warning=Computer virus

Post by wishful4 »

I received an email from Sarah Jameson's daily blog which contained a link to an article titled, "Interesting things you didn't know about Sperm", or something similar. Opening the link resulted in a very nasty virus on my computer. The shop says it may take a couple of days to clear it. It blew right past my Avast anti-virus program and running a superspyware removal tool did not fix it either. Very nasty virus. Just wanted to warn everyone. I'm sure Sarah did not do it intentionally, but someone may have hijacked her email account or something.
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Re: Warning=Computer virus

Post by Tom Allen »

Did you email Sarah about this?

ETA: There have been a spate of fake virus-removal scams on normal websites lately. My daughter keeps picking them up, and I'm running both AVG and Ad-Aware, and they still get through. Bastards.

At home, I'm usually running Linux Mint on my own machine, so I can click links with abandon. :)
0 x
wishful4

Post by wishful4 »

Tom,

I did send Sarah an email, but she gets so many, it may be awhile before she reads it. The virus you describe is exactly what is was. It shows as a virus removal scam that takes your computer hostage and will not allow you to open any program. A nasty little bugger. I'm not familar with Linux Mint. Is it better than most?
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

Mint is a Ubuntu derivative, and I've been using it for the past year on my laptop, and recently rebuilt a small PC desktop with it just for my own use at home. After work, I've pretty much been using Linux exclusively.
0 x
someonechris

Post by someonechris »

AVG, Spybot, And Malwarebytes.. use all three and they do an awesome job for free. this post kinda worried me because i too recieve emails from Sarahs Blog.
0 x
When All Else Fails Read The Instructions....