Maintenance - expect down time on 8/11

Board announcements, questions from members, etc.
Schnoff
Last orgasm: August 14th, 2023

Maintenance - expect down time on 8/11

Post by Schnoff »

Hello there!

On 8/11, likely from 8-10AM EDT, we will be down. I'll be moving us over to an entirely new host.

The new site has been tested, and, no doubt, we'll run into snags. If you find any, let us know please.

After the move, expect a much snappier search (instant instead of "can literally take over a minute"), and eventually a tip jar to pay for the snazzy new hosting.

Everything else should stay as-is, though our much-neglected chat may have issues, in which case we need to wait until it's been updated to work with the new version, which should be Any Day Now according to the author.

If you like to dig into nerd details:
We're currently on phpBB 3.2.10, Apache2, mySQL, and Ubuntu 18.04, hosted on AWS Lightsail.
We'll be on phpBB 3.3.1, Nginx, MariaDB, and Ubuntu 20.04, hosted on Digital Ocean.
0 x
Schnoff
My orgasm denial blog
Tango tangor ergo sum.
Schnoff

Re: Maintenance - expect down time on 8/11

Post by Schnoff »

We're back up and apart from a few 'hiccups' during transition we appear to be working. Please report any issues you encounter, particularly server errors or ajax errors. Thanks!
4 x
Schnoff
My orgasm denial blog
Tango tangor ergo sum.
Schnoff

Re: Maintenance - expect down time on 8/11

Post by Schnoff »

@Lady M found an issue with the “three dot menu” on mobile. It’s fixed, but if the menu doesn’t display right on your phone, clear the browser cache. That should do it.
0 x
Schnoff
My orgasm denial blog
Tango tangor ergo sum.