Clarification on forum rules and civility

Board announcements, questions from members, etc.
Schnoff
Last orgasm: August 14th, 2023

Clarification on forum rules and civility

Post by Schnoff »

Hello forum users!

Nerves are frayed, people are afraid, and a portion of the US population doesn’t trust media sources any more. As a result, we are seeing, for the first time in a loooong time, some political discussion on the forum.

We are not going to muzzle everyone. As you desire, have spirited debate in the Member forum, which is after all “for everything else”. Even if we are an orgasm denial / control forum, not a political one.

We do want things to remain civil. So, where’s the line? The line is at name-calling, attacks on other members either directly or as a group, and what is described by “invective” - insulting, abusive, or highly critical language.

We will always need to use mod discretion to figure out what does and doesn’t meet the criteria of “invective”. A spirited, frustrated exclamation is certainly allowed. Though personally, I’d suggest to err on the side of being civil, even when frustrated. Tempers will remain cooler that way.

If we see something that we think goes too far, we will edit the post with a mod note to remove the offending portion, in a bid to keep tempers calm. We will also warn the member privately, and might put a general “please remain civil” note into the thread.

Repeated dickish behavior will result in a ban. Probably a week to begin with and then permanent. We have never had to do that before, hopefully it remains a hypothetical.

Discussion of this policy clarification is encouraged. We are in strange times, and are adjusting to the reality of political discussion on a sex forum.
6 x
Schnoff
My orgasm denial blog
Tango tangor ergo sum.
tiemeupalso

Re: Clarification on forum rules and civility

Post by tiemeupalso »

lets start off with don't believe anything you read on the internet.
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

tiemeupalso wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:53 am lets start off with don't believe anything you read on the internet.
But if I don't believe this statement, then what? 😉
0 x
tiemeupalso

Post by tiemeupalso »

let me rephrase that.dont believe the news on the net.this is a fanticy land
0 x
sirmebane
Last orgasm: December 19th, 2021
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by sirmebane »

Tom Allen wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:12 pm
tiemeupalso wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:53 am lets start off with don't believe anything you read on the internet.
But if I don't believe this statement, then what? 😉
2 x
If my comments don't annoy you, follow my exploits here. I started all of this April 2016.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=62123