Auto Drafts - never lose a post again

Board announcements, questions from members, etc.
cuyahoga
Re: Auto Drafts - never lose a post again

Post by cuyahoga »

One of my favorite things about this forum is the thoughtful and kind discussions that result in very democratic adjustments to the functioning of the site.

Thank you to all of the moderators here for not only the work and effort, but also the thought and patience and care. It’s awesome and unique.
2 x
Last orgasm: February 7th, 2024.
Schnoff
Last orgasm: August 14th, 2023

Post by Schnoff »

Quick Reply is on or off for a given forum, there is no way to control that separately per user in the UCP. Not even through an extension, I checked.

So, with Quick Reply on, people have the choice to use the Full Editor. We've disabled it in Journey where that's not likely to be the desired default.

With Quick Reply off, people don't have a choice: It's always Full Editor.

Your concern is why I briefly turned it off board-wide, Tom. The feedback in this thread so far is that Quick Reply is desirable. Let's watch this for a while and see what people have to say. I've thought of putting a poll up about it as well.

Bottom line, I want to make it less likely that people will lose posts, and I want to make sure I'm not inconveniencing everyone in that quest.
1 x
Schnoff
My orgasm denial blog
Tango tangor ergo sum.
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

Bottom line, I want to make it less likely that people will lose posts, and I want to make sure I'm not inconveniencing everyone in that quest.
If we had a big red banner on the front page telling, people to write their post or responses in a text editor, then copy/paste it in, that would solve their problem. 😏

What? What?
1 x
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

Tom Allen wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:58 am We need to decide which is more important. While some members might think "Oh, this post or reply is getting lengthy, I'd better go to Full Editor to make sure they're saved," my thinking is that most people won't do that.
What's wrong with people making their own choice, and living with the consequence (good or bad)?
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

What's wrong with people making their own choice, and living with the consequence (good or bad)?
Oh, nothing - that's what we've been doing all along.

@Schnoff found a way to make things easier for some of our group members and we're trying to figure out the best way to implement it, or if it even needs to be implemented.

I have an educational background in both business and social science so I tend to think of things as a marketing, or at least, market driven issue. Making it easier for people to post longer messages keeps them around more.

That said, nobody likes new features added "just because" (looking at you, Facebook). We're just in the research stage now. 😏
1 x