GOOD NEWS EVERYONE: Search is fixed - we've moved

Board announcements, questions from members, etc.
Schnoff
Last orgasm: August 14th, 2023

Re: GOOD NEWS EVERYONE: Search is fixed - we've moved

Post by Schnoff »

GDPR applies to anyone that has EU nationals as users. It's a safe assumption that we have some.

> Why attempt to comply with EU laws that otherwise have no power

Because it's a good idea. Whether an EU national on a chastity site would ever bring suit is an entirely separate question.
0 x
Schnoff
My orgasm denial blog
Tango tangor ergo sum.
Schnoff

Post by Schnoff »

If you've seen mySQL errors and general instability, apologies. The new version of the forum needs more resources than I had given it. I've moved us to a bigger hosting instance, and will keep monitoring. Fingers crossed it'll be stable now.
0 x
Schnoff
My orgasm denial blog
Tango tangor ergo sum.
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

Schnoff, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!.

My hope is that this site can get back to the thriving Forum is was back many years ago.

Congrats to all that you did and willingness to take on the position as Site Administrator.
1 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
Schnoff

Post by Schnoff »

All right we have emojis, at least in proper reply if not quick reply. You can already use them from mobile, now also from desktop / laptop. Just start with a colon and two letters or more, like :co and then I might pick :confused: or :crocodile:

This and simple mentions where I might type @Tom Allen sorta work together, but I'm not sure how seamless that is. If need be we might need to disable one or the other. Until then, have at emojis and mentions both. :gift_heart:
1 x
Schnoff
My orgasm denial blog
Tango tangor ergo sum.
WifeIsVanilla

Post by WifeIsVanilla »

Thank you , Schnoff. Thank you very much.
0 x
Past Devices: Curve & CB 6000s. Both broke, were repaired; then broke beyond repair.
Current Devices: MM Jail Bird, Cobra, MM Watchful Mistress, Holy Trainer v3, a new Curve & the dreaded Spiked Chamber.
Xileh

Post by Xileh »

Thank you.

Hosting and administering a forum is a big time commitment and effort on your part.

Of the forums that host chastity discussions, this forum seems to be the best “balanced”. It is a great resource and it is benefit to all now that you are preserving it.
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

Schnoff wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:12 pm This and simple mentions where I might type @Tom Allen sorta work together, but I'm not sure how seamless that is. If need be we might need to disable one or the other. Until then, have at emojis and mentions both. :gift_heart:
I don't think that *mentions* actually do anything. That is, i don't see that I've had a notification pop up to let me know about it. I checked my user control panel to see if there's a setting for that, but haven't seen anything.
0 x
Schnoff

Post by Schnoff »

@Xileh and @WifeIsVanilla and --- oh interesting I found a bug. And locked4her55 and everyone else not on this particular screen right now, thank you.

We have a small but dedicated team. @Tom Allen , who's been here since the jurassic, @TwistedMister , who is the only moderator to stick with the forum through all its troubles, and as a very recent addition, myself. With the move come Cosmic Powers (that is, direct database access), so now we're all admins as well as moderators. Whatever work there is in running the forum will be split three ways, and I have a "smart lazy" mindset, which means I am happy to spend five hours automating something if it means it saves me five minutes of time that I'd otherwise need to do manually again and again.

It's been 24 hours since the second move (which you guys hopefully didn't even notice), and the forum has been stable. In another week, I'll breathe out and let it coast. I'm already ready to talk about locked dicks again and not forum minutiae.

TL;DR: Thanks a ton for the kudos, Tom and Twisted deserve all of those and more for keeping the forum going all this time.
1 x
Schnoff
My orgasm denial blog
Tango tangor ergo sum.
Schnoff

Post by Schnoff »

I left someone out. I shouldn't have done that. @thumper rode to the rescue like the cavalry bunny he is. There is a thread in the admin forum about "anticipating the end of the board", and thumper, despite having a really hard time right now and truly other things on his mind than this board, took a leap of faith and gave me full access to his personal hosting account, trusting I wouldn't abuse it. That's what made the seamless move possible. Without thumper's selfless and deeply trusting action, we wouldn't have been able to move the board without losing the name and losing all attachments and avatars.

All my love to thumper. :heartbeat:
0 x
Schnoff
My orgasm denial blog
Tango tangor ergo sum.
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

Schnoff wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:03 pm
We have a small but dedicated team. @Tom Allen , who's been here since the jurassic,
Back in my day, we had to make our own chastity devices from pterodactyl wing and triceratops horn. :roll:
4 x