PM Disabled?

Board announcements, questions from members, etc.
andrew

PM Disabled?

Post by andrew »

Hi,

I was wondering why my PM has been disabled?
Not certain who to ask or how to find out?

Thanks!
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Re: PM Disabled?

Post by Tom Allen »

In an effort to weed out spammers that register and then PM users, and to weed out wankers who register only to PM women on the board, we have disabled the PMs for Moderated users.

If one makes 3 posts and proves ones self to be a human, then one is taken off the Moderated list and has PM available.

If we get any reports that a new user is PMing other members (especially women) for sexual services, then you will be banned.

Since this appears to be your only post on the board, you are on the moderated list.
0 x
LockedandLoved

Post by LockedandLoved »

Tom Allen wrote:In an effort to weed out spammers that register and then PM users, and to weed out wankers who register only to PM women on the board, we have disabled the PMs for Moderated users.

If one makes 3 posts and proves ones self to be a human, then one is taken off the Moderated list and has PM available.

If we get any reports that a new user is PMing other members (especially women) for sexual services, then you will be banned.

Since this appears to be your only post on the board, you are on the moderated list.
Go the irony if you had sent him a PM telling him all this Tom :D
0 x
Trying to figure this out while keeping my sanity
WifeIsVanilla

Post by WifeIsVanilla »

Wow! Yours is not an easy job, Tom. Thanks for all of your good work!
0 x
Past Devices: Curve & CB 6000s. Both broke, were repaired; then broke beyond repair.
Current Devices: MM Jail Bird, Cobra, MM Watchful Mistress, Holy Trainer v3, a new Curve & the dreaded Spiked Chamber.
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

LockedandLoved wrote:Go the irony if you had sent him a PM telling him all this Tom :D
:lol:

Quite seriously, Atone deserves the credit for a work-around that has cut the spam control duties down to a fraction of what they had been.

Unfortunately, once in a while a human will register, and then manually spam other members via PMs.

Worse, we've discovered that there have been guys - wankers - registering but not posting, and using the PMs to solicit sexual favors, etc., from the women. We ban them when we are alerted, but we decided that we wanted to make it more difficult. We changed the board settings to disable the PMs for users who are still on Moderated status.

I realize that this makes it a PITA for people who are too shy to post, and also for people who are really only interested in the For Sale items and don't want to delurk. And I'm guessing that there may be a couple of other reasons for people not wanting to post, but our opinion is that those users will be very small in number. Our main concern is making the board a more attractive, safe, and friendly place for people to discuss this kink.
0 x
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

Tom Allen wrote:Atone deserves the credit for a work-around that has cut the spam control duties down to a fraction of what they had been.
Thanks Atone. It really is a well run Forum
Tom Allen wrote:I realize that this makes it a PITA for people who are too shy to post
Is it really asking that much for someone to READ THE RULES. Go to the HELLO WORLD thread and type, "Hello, I'm a real person".

At last check I counted over 500 "registered" members who haven't bothered to post anything, much less in the proper place.

The rules state:
"we will be regularly deleting accounts that have no posts since 99% of them belong to spammers."

I've never run a Forum so I'm not sure if deleting "non participants" is a time consuming task but I'm willing to help if need be.

and BTW, thanks to Tom for dealing with all the crap on a daily basis.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
andrew

Post by andrew »

Thanks Tom,

That explains why it has stopped functioning...

Neither a spammer or wanker... Fairly reserved and have, in the past, commented privately with individuals on some topics...

You learn way more by listening then you ever will be talking!!

Thanks!
Andrew
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

locked4her55 wrote: At last check I counted over 500 "registered" members who haven't bothered to post anything, much less in the proper place.
We used to need to do this weekly, mainly because there were bots that registered constantly. Now it's not as important to clean out the non-posting users.
andrew wrote: Neither a spammer or wanker... Fairly reserved and have, in the past, commented privately with individuals on some topics...
Glad that you didn't take it personally. Again, this was precipitated by several users who made no posts, but solicited some of the women, asking them to be keyholders, dommes, send pictures, etc. Personally, I don't see why you would act any differently on a web board than you would at any other social function. It's just plain rude, and we don't want any riff-raff in here.

I mean, it's already difficult enough keeping track of the perverts and weirdos that we *do* allow. 8-)
0 x
gungadn

Post by gungadn »

Tom Allen wrote:
I mean, it's already difficult enough keeping track of the perverts and weirdos that we *do* allow. 8-)
Hey Now!!! I resemble that remark! :twisted:
0 x
GungaDN

This is just my experience, yours can.... and probably will.... vary!

Currently Wearing:Steelheart.
Owns: CB3000, CB6000, Steelheart II, Steelheart, various home-built models.
celticqueens_sub

Post by celticqueens_sub »

You mean all those nutters who like their junk locked up and not being allowed to cum... freaks eh????!!!! :D :D :D :D oh wait....
0 x
Owned and loved by Celtic Queen. Her perception is my reality.

Http://www.celticqueen.co.uk

Checkout http://keyheld.blogspot.com/ for lots of good blogs with great advice