Thanks to the Administrative Police

Board announcements, questions from members, etc.
Locked by LRC

Thanks to the Administrative Police

Post by Locked by LRC »

I was on line at 3:15 EDT and found that 5 spammers had made it through into our quiet community. :evil:
I looked at a couple of them before I realized what they all were. I noticed they had made it in between 2:55-3:01 EST. By 3:20 EST our administrators had deleted them from the forum site. :D I was impressed with their quick work and wanted you to know it is appreciated.

Thank you administrators for keeping this a site with our posts only.
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Re: Thanks to the Administrative Police

Post by Tom Allen »

Locked by LRC wrote:I was on line at 3:15 EDT and found that 5 spammers had made it through into our quiet community. :evil:
I looked at a couple of them before I realized what they all were. I noticed they had made it in between 2:55-3:01 EST. By 3:20 EST our administrators had deleted them from the forum site. :D I was impressed with their quick work and wanted you to know it is appreciated.
Actually, it was my fault that they were let through at all. :cry:

All new members now have to be approved in order to post. We log in several times a day to see what's happening, and to delete the obvious spammers. I was trying to disapprove several posts at once and inadvertently hit the wrong button. I tried to react, but the signal had already gone through. I then had to refresh and delete the posts.

Just so you're aware, we're actually getting something like 100 "new members" a day, most of which leave spam within minutes of signing up. Once in a while they have a post title or a member name that needs closer inspection, but we're generally able to spot them right away. It's kind of like playing Space Invaders.
0 x
cb6000s

Post by cb6000s »

Just curious. How many real new members do we get a day?
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

cb6000s wrote:Just curious. How many real new members do we get a day?
Umm... we went from 25 to 50 to 100+ spammers a day pretty quickly, but I think we might be getting just one or two real members a week.

Don't forget - lots of people just read and don't actually sign up, and obviously, a lot of real members are too shy to post.
0 x
Locked by LRC

Post by Locked by LRC »

Tom Allen wrote:
cb6000s wrote:Just curious. How many real new members do we get a day?
Umm... we went from 25 to 50 to 100+ spammers a day pretty quickly, but I think we might be getting just one or two real members a week.
I would still like to thank you because it sounds like you put a lot more time into keeping this site easy to navigate without spam than I thought it took.
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve
Kiki

Post by Kiki »

Locked by LRC wrote: I would still like to thank you because it sounds like you put a lot more time into keeping this site easy to navigate without spam than I thought it took.
+1! Thanks, mods! <3
0 x