10000th post

Board announcements, questions from members, etc.
whistlersix

10000th post

Post by whistlersix »

I just wanted it noted somewhere that sometime yesterday i noticed the forum had it's 10,000th post. With this post we're at 10,016 but when I noticed yesterday, we were at 10,008. Pretty cool.
0 x
Currently Wearing: A271
Atone
Re: 10000th post

Post by Atone »

If you count all the spam posts that Tom has deleted it would be 20,000 posts (or more).

Thank you to the moderators (I think just Tom at this point) for keeping this place under control.

-A
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

Atone wrote:If you count all the spam posts that Tom has deleted it would be 20,000 posts (or more).

Thank you to the moderators (I think just Tom at this point) for keeping this place under control.

-A
Probably more like 100,000.

However, it's not the moderator, it's the system that we have in place that makes a new member "prove" that they aren't a spammer by having 3 posts approved. Once in a while I accidentally delete a real person or will let a spammer slide - and that's simply because of the volume of posts that I see, I'm bound to screw up once in a while.

The good news is that you, Gentle Reader, don't see the spam, so you can focus on the business at hand. Unfortunately, the number of spammers have made it difficult to get a count on the actual, real-live-person members that we do have, but I do know that I've been approving a lot of posts lately, which tells me that the group is growing.

Of course, I pimp it every chance I get on other venues, too :-)
0 x
McAndrew

Post by McAndrew »

I'm guessing this is post 22,062.
If you hover over the post subject it and look at it's address it will include the post number. This will inculde deleted posts.
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

McAndrew wrote:I'm guessing this is post 22,062.
If you hover over the post subject it and look at it's address it will include the post number. This will inculde deleted posts.
Huh - I never knew that. TIL.

I'm going to check it later on the next batch of spam. It just seems odd because I delete a lot more every day than I see posted.
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

Tom Allen wrote:I'm going to check it later on the next batch of spam. It just seems odd because I delete a lot more every day than I see posted.
Okay, even the spam posts are numbered. I m surprised that the number isn't higher, but then, we had a good six or eight months before the spambots discovered this forum. So, in the last six months, the spammers have made as many posts as the regular members in a year. Bastards! :evil:
0 x