Emergency keys - revisited

Living the real life under lock and key
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Emergency keys - revisited

Post by Tom Allen »

For the last few years, Mrs Edge and I had taken a break from serious chastity play; that is, instead of 24/7 for months at a time, it was a couple of weeks here and there. Nothing wrong, it's just that after over a dozen years, we just needed a breather. We're discussing it again, especially since my inexpensive A272 stainless device is so comfortable and secure.

In the past, she has had her own lock, and my emergency key is wrapped in tamper-evident tape, which I carry on my car key ring. Last night, it came up through a misunderstanding in conversation that maybe she should keep *both* keys to the lock; that is, I wouldn't even have possession of an emergency key, wrapped or not. She would unlock me for weekly cleaning (and play at her discretion), and that would be it.

Now, I've never used the emergency key, and it's not unusual for me to forget it at home for days at a time. But the idea of not having one at my disposal at all? It's surprisingly hot for both of us. Naturally she expressed some concern about my having an accident at work, but as we discussed it, I began to wonder if it made a difference. I mean, if the accident were serious enough, I probably wouldn't have time to discreetly unwrap a key and remove my device anyhow.

So, anyone out there forgo an emergency key altogether? How's that working out? And I'm open to any other thoughts.
0 x
braddogg4345

Re: Emergency keys - revisited

Post by braddogg4345 »

Come to think of it, my wife and i do have an emergency key, but it sits in the drawer of her nightstand. And i never take it with me. I guess it really doesnt do much good. Why bother to have one? I really cant think of any emergency that would come up at home where i would need to remove it.
0 x
Onlyhers4ever

Post by Onlyhers4ever »

This is one that I have been debating myself. I don't currently have access to an emergency key although I am pretty sure I know where my wife keeps the "keys" to my jailbird. I see a few reasons why having an emergency key would be beneficial.

1. Problem with the device (such as a ball slipping through) - I don't ever foresee that happening with my jailbird so not so concerned about this possibility.

2. Medical emergency - Having a key in a medical emergency only helps if I am conscious and able to remove my cage. Heaven forbid that I go into cardiac arrest or am otherwise unconcious my having a key is not going to make a difference. I would think that in either case my secret would be out so I have just accepted that as an acceptable risk.

3. Having to pass through an unexpected metal detector - this is the one that probably would concern me the most except for the fact that I live a pretty dull life so am usually either just at work, home, or out to eat. Not too much risk of metal detectors in my daily life. Now, if I were traveling that would be a different story.

the main reason I don't currently carry an emergency key is simply that I have not wanted to bring up the subject with my wife. We are still fairly new at this game and if she starts thinking about the possible scenarios that might come up she would probably just opt to not lock me up in the first place.
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

Onlyhers4ever wrote: 3. Having to pass through an unexpected metal detector - this is the one that probably would concern me the most except for the fact that I live a pretty dull life so am usually either just at work, home, or out to eat. Not too much risk of metal detectors in my daily life. Now, if I were traveling that would be a different story.
Yeah, you nailed pretty much my thinking now. I've already decided that if I were discovered, I would just wink and tell them "After 30 years of marriage, we're just trying to keep things interesting, eh?"

I pretty much just go to work and go home, with a little shopping. The only thing I could think of could be routine doctor visits, or jury duty, in which cases I could ask to be unlocked that morning.

The only other thing might be a surprise visit to a customer with high security, but that hasn't happened, and again, if someone asked me, I'd just explain "Body jewelry, bro."
0 x
slave d

Post by slave d »

Agree with all the above, i haven’t carried an emergency key now for years, my wife has one on her key ring and another secreted at home somewhere but if we’re out in my car (which is the norm) there wouldn’t be one anywhere. If the medical emergency or whatever was extreme enough i doubt i’d give a darn at the time !! i suspect that all the emergency services have seen much more newsworthy things than a CD !! Much rather explain that than the proverbial “i fell on a bag of vegetables and that’s why i’ve got a carrot stuck up my arse” lol.

MsM’s ld
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
sirmebane
Last orgasm: December 19th, 2021

Post by sirmebane »

We started with an emergency because she was concerned. I had some adjustment issues with cheap cages but never with the Jailbird, we dealt with those before or after work - no big deal.

The whole key discussion has resulted in her keeping everything. I have not an issue where it would have been necessary.
0 x
If my comments don't annoy you, follow my exploits here. I started all of this April 2016.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=62123
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

No emergency key here. Never really ever carried one. My wife always has one with her and the other is locked in a combo wall mounted safe on her side of the closet in our bedroom.
combo lock
combo lock
combo safe.jpg (5.05 KiB) Viewed 4913 times
I'm with others here who have commented about if a real emergency arises would I really be ripping open a sealed key that I would have to access.

For the, let's call them the non heart attack emergencies, I can either plead my case via telephone to give me the combo to the safe or their is always the master key of which I keep in the garage. Either way I better have a pretty good excuse to need to remove or destroy the padlock.
Attachments
master key
master key
Bolt Cutters.jpg (8.38 KiB) Viewed 4913 times
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

slave d wrote:Much rather explain that than the proverbial “i fell on a bag of vegetables and that’s why i’ve got a carrot stuck up my arse” lol.

MsM’s ld
+1 :lol:
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

I get the idea of being easily able to cut a padlock.One of the hot things about wearing The Fort, a heavy, cast stainless steel clone of the CB3000, was that with the cage, stainless steel ring, and stainless steel locking post, the lock was absolutely the weakest link on the device.

But the new stainless steel devices with the integrated locks generally do not have an obvious place to cut. For example, my A272 has a cast base ring with a wide profile. It's definitely not like taking a bolt cutter to a 1/4" wide Mature Metal base ring. Somebody familiar with the device might quickly figure out that one could drill out the brass lock, but that might be a problem in an emergency situation.
0 x
slave d

Post by slave d »

On mine the "angled" piece of the integrated lock (the bit that actually turns to engage the lock) is reasonably exposed and i'm pretty sure a decent pair of pliers or side-cutters would snap it off. i also suspect that a decent bit of leverage between the cage and the A-Ring would probably bend the cage upwards until the gap was sufficient to get my balls through, after all it takes very little space to squeeze balls through and once they're out it's problem solved.

MsM's ld
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.