Anyone here? Is chastity on the decline?

Living the real life under lock and key
braddogg4345

Re: Anyone here? Is chastity on the decline?

Post by braddogg4345 »

I have noticed a slow down in the posts and responses on the forum, but i see that there are still a lot of views on them. So the chastised men are out there...lurking. A lot of times i find myself reading the messages, and i really dont have much to contribute about the subject. I want to start new posts, but i have a brain fart and cant think of anything to post that hasnt already been covered in another post.

I think maybe expanding the forums to cover other related topics may generate more conversation and bring in more members. Maybe have a section for cuckolding, flr, D&S, and other topics that are usually inter mingled with chastity.
0 x
SteveT

Post by SteveT »

VinnyDee wrote:With that I will say goodbye. As with masturbation, I will have to live my chastity life by myself an my wife of course. :)
Has Vinny actually gone?

Has anyone heard from him?

If he has gone, it would be a shame. I did not always agree with him, but he was a prolific poster and often made interesting comments. I, for one, would like to see him return.

Come back Vinny!
0 x
Living happily in a FLR/WLM - Locked 24/7 with no access to the keys
Last period - locked 7 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
Currently locked since 22 July 2017
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

SteveT wrote:Has Vinny actually gone?

Has anyone heard from him?
This is not the first time he has done this. He has at least two other aliases here that he has abandoned, and dozens more across various forums blogs and web sites where he has left his mark. There are people here who are familiar with his schtick and no longer respond to him, and when he does not get the attention he seeks, he pouts and announces that he's going away. He has many years of history across the 'net.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

TwistedMister wrote: He has at least two other aliases here that he has abandoned.
Who will he come back as next time. :?: :roll:
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
slave d

Post by slave d »

locked4her55 wrote:
TwistedMister wrote: He has at least two other aliases here that he has abandoned.
Who will he come back as next time. :?: :roll:
Whoever it is the stories will remain the same lol :roll:

MsM's ld
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
JubsinChastity
Last orgasm: January 1st, 2030
Orgasms this year: 69

Post by JubsinChastity »

Honestly what it is, is this site sucks. Not to be rude but there are way better options for most people to discuss this. The lack of content and constantly having to fight the broken redirect virus to use the site just makes it so there is very little reason to stick around.
The chastity subreddit as been growing exponentially and lots of people are going there for first time advice. Although there is a bit of a sissy side to it, overall it is pretty neutral for just chastity chat. You see a lot of younger people trying it out there too, which some might stay but its kind of interesting to see that type of growth rather than just older couples trying it out.
So chastity is definitely getting more popular and fast. This forum is already behind the times and there is a good chance it will get left behind.
0 x
cuyahoga

Post by cuyahoga »

So ... I went and checked out the chastity subreddit ... quite a few days there ...

I see exactly why these forums were created. My wife would not get anything from the chastity subreddit because she would close the page in less than a minute. Even I’m bored with all the pictures of dicks in CB6000s’.

And I’ve had no problem with the redirects. I just don’t search for anything. I read through what caught my eye when I joined, and keep up as we go ...
No redirects.

I hope this community stays small, and sane, and helpful, and polite. And slightly vanilla.
0 x
Last orgasm: February 7th, 2024.
JubsinChastity
Last orgasm: January 1st, 2030
Orgasms this year: 69

Post by JubsinChastity »

Yeah I didn't say it was a replacement for this just saying that overall chastity is growing and that subreddit is an example of it.
As for this forum 80% of it could be condensed into a wiki, which is why it is stale and doesn't have much activity. Most of the activity comes from people updating personal journey stuff, which there isn't much interaction with.
0 x
sherulestherooster

Post by sherulestherooster »

Chastity in general
I have some curiosity of this myself, but I understand the manufacturers don't publish sales figures. Seems like chastity must have grown substantially in popularity, since economics tells you that a demand will create more competition, and since I became interested in chastity cages, there have been an explosion in available products and consequent price reduction. I also note that the last time I went to an adult toy store, I did see an off the shelf cage available for sale, which I hadn't seen before. I would be very interested in demographic site usage, the frequency of chastity belt usage amongst couples, who brought it up, etc. Just something I am interested in naturally. Might be amusing to know that my fellow church-goers/neighbors/professionals are locked up, and why that works for them as a couple.

This site specifically
I had admired the job of the moderators of keeping this forum true to the stated purpose, which was a mostly vanilla based forum for male chastity. I wouldn't say this site "sucks". My own reduction in traffic here is that my wife seemed to become uninterested in locking me up (although she continues to deny me on the honor system) and when I would broach the topic with her it was like, "hey that might be fun" but she never would follow up and I felt like I was topping from the bottom. So the reduction in play in my personal life lead to a concomitant reduction in my presence here.

Also the relative lack of keyholder input is a bit of a downer to me. I found it extremely titillating for a female keyholder giving advice to males on what cages they should buy. That's just hott, and I haven't seen a lot of that type of posting lately. I know what I get out of chastity and how it makes me feel, it is that much more intriguing to me how other couples interact, especially the keyholders.

Cheers
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

As it happens, I moderate a few of the Reddit chastity groups, and monitor most of the others. I love Reddit, personally, but the demographic is very different than the typical member here, and the tone or culture of the Reddit groups reflects that.

Most of the groups are heavy on younger guys, self lockers, sissy play, and a few other kinks. This group tends to be older, committed couples, and less kink play overall. It's not a large demographic, but it's one that we felt was very underserved back when we started this.
0 x