DH Gate - another look

For the gearheads in the audience
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Re: DH Gate - another look

Post by Tom Allen »

Well, I pulled the trigger and ordered both the 272 and the 274, so I'll have a solid tube and a flat ring cage to experiment with.

I also ordered a mini cage because it was essentially the same price as ordering a spare flat ring.
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

Tom Allen wrote: I also ordered a mini cage because it was essentially the same price as ordering a spare flat ring.
I received the orders. I don't have much to report yet, except that I took the cuff ring off the mini cage and sawed off the locking protrusion (milled, ground, filed, sanded, and polished afterward). It's a cast or formed 304 stainless, and was a PITA to cut, but I wanted to try it out simply to wear as a cock ring.

The cuff ring is surprisingly ergonomic; this is not the device, but it's a better view of the ring:
http://image.dhgate.com/0x0/f2/albu/g5/ ... Gbg181.jpg

The ring is not circular, and the shape is (for me, anyway) pretty comfortable. I don't have any report on the devices yet, although the one with the flat rings looks a little smaller in diameter than I expected. Both that one and the tube seem to be decently made, no obvious weld globs or sharp edges.
0 x
jfenoffti

Post by jfenoffti »

Shorty: Thanks for the review.
J
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

Well, I've been so happy with theC-272 solid tube model that I haven't had a chance to try out the open ring version. I finally had a chance last weekend to try the C-274. It lasted two days.

Nothing broke, and the flat style rings were surprisingly comfortable. The first day and night were just fine for comfort, and I used the same cuff ring as the C-272. The problem happened after taking a shower in the morning with Mrs Edge, which made me a little, umm, aroused. Like the model that I bought lest year with round style rings, my tender bits extruded from the rings like Play-Doh, and kept pinching me after I put on some pants to work around the yard. After a few hours, there was still some edema and swelling, so I had to switch back to the solid tube.

I think that if I welded a couple of 1/8" steel rods over the top of the rings it would work out well. Unfortunately, that's one skill that I haven't tried yet. I may have to pick up a cheap little welder and try some of these ideas that I keep coming up with. I could braze them on, but welding would probably be neater.

So far the C-272 (without the pictured ball separator) is still the best device that I've tried in years.
0 x
crated51

Post by crated51 »

Adding two (actually 4) horizontal bars at the large gap at the end is exactly what MCN did for the modified CD in use now. Vast improvement.
0 x
It's not happy people that are thankful, it's thankful people that are happy.
Shorty

Post by Shorty »

I've been wearing this version (minus the dreaded ball separator) with the integrated lock for about 3 months now. http://www.dhgate.com/product/new-arriv ... 1098336029

There is a good bit of truth in the saying that "shorter is more comfortable."

Like the previous device that I gave a short review on, this cage is almost "just right" out of the box. I took a pliers and squeezed the front vertical bars a bit closer together and smoother the edges of the base ring a bit with a Dremel tool and it may now be my favorite device. I haven't had my custom cage out of the drawer since the beginning of March.
0 x
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.
– Philippians 2:3-4 (NIV)
slave d

Post by slave d »

FWIW i have just recieved this (9 days delivery to NZ !!!) and its very well built and incredible value for money i think. i got it just for the anti pull out ring as it was cheap enough for just that but i suspect MsM will have it locked on within a few days !!

https://m.dhgate.com/product/stainless- ... 11409.html

The reason i need the anti pullout ring is a trial because i seem to be shrinking and find it incredibly easy to pull out of a 40mm ring especially when in the bath or shower and MsM is hoping the anti pullout ring may make that more difficult and at least make reinsertion impossible, time will tell.

MsM's ld
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

I have those pullout rings. I've filed them down a few times, but looks like I need to file them down even more.
0 x
slave d

Post by slave d »

Well the pullout ring was tried last night, both with this device and with another smaller (yes smaller) device and MsM couldn't fit it on either,simply not enough room with bunched skin etc, impossible to lock either device. So for now i'm securely locked in the new unit which is amazingly comfortable and i've been told to come up with a solution to pulling out that doesn't require piercing. As i've used zip ties successfully in the past to stop testicle escape i intend to try one looped around my shaft and the devices lock between the cake and the A-ring, probably won't make pullout totally impossible BUT may well make reinsertion nearly impossible which would be acceptable to MsM. i'll report back if and when i find a solution.

MsM's ld.
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

I have a similar device - annular rings, but a bit longer. I've thought about an O ring behind the glans, zip tied to the ring at the end. Nothing is perfect, but some things are pretty workable.
0 x